Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- MS Surface Pro 3 46 1
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 555 19
- Financial statements in Word, with formulas 1,464 17
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 1,053 35
- Your fondest calculator memories 1,197 44
- R&D tax claim 248 7
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 519 9
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 175 7
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 128 2
- Gift to employee 371 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 154 1
- Transfer of a business 126 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,135 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 415 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 116 2
- Sage Import Data 312 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 245 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 130 2
- Best time software for small practice? 237 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 320 13
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 481
- CTA study material 456
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 334
- Pre incorp expenses 313
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 269
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 255
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 207
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 161
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 142
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 135