Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- Help 66 8
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 175 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,004 109
- Overlap profit 287 7
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 43 1
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 311 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,057 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 103 1
- Payments on account 161 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 54 1
- What do your junior staff do? 514 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 634 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 401 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 531 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 124 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,929 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 336 3
- On the high seas 105 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 145 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 851
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 338
- How do you do it 336
- Digital marketing focus group 310
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 292
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 206
- Fit for purpose 202
- new investor structure 197
- VAT Registration 180