Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- UK Subsidiary of Foreign Company 84 1
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 1,011 31
- Drop Down Boxes 233 4
- Any Scottish members out there? 13,637 504
- Any other payroll providers transferring from Sage to Moneysoft? 150 1
- Does anyone use quotation software? 588 8
- help needed with rti paye please 154 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 854 9
- Director selling assets to the company that were given to her 419 11
- Can't read my handwriting 815 19
- Undeclared rental income 420 7
- Home Use Costs in Company Accounts ? 345 7
- Sick pay 253 6
- Directors self assessment 177 2
- Employer's Helpline 225 1
- Employment Allowance Incorrectly Claimed for Domestic Payroll 137 2
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 199 1
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,770 70
- Travel and Subsistence expenses while abroad 1,100 8
- Penalties for an amended p35 (2012/13) 152 2
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,415
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 542
- National Insurance 442
- Non Resident 330
- Hands on experience of Digita 262
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 256
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 169
- Umbrella pay services 145
- VAT on ESS via Apple, Google, Nokia - 124
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 123