Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- New ACCOUNTINGQUESTIONS website launching 376 9
- Closing my business down 138 5
- What do you all do in your spare time? 868 35
- A vote for labour is a vote for public sector uions and tories 46 2
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 347 5
- VAT flat rate scheme 139 2
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 166 1
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 227 3
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 618 13
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 238 4
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 193 6
- Director - earning less than £8500 and no taxable benefits - PllD? 137 1
- Scams are not always obvious 2,252 36
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,473 21
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 303 4
- Need some help on importing procedures and VAT 99 1
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,114 19
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 430 6
- FPS or EPS 182 2
- Continuity of Practice 230 2
- Moving away from CCH software 957
- QROP pension input amounts 443
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 387
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 360
- fraud 288
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 263
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 232
- Construction CIS LLP Company 215
- EPS and CIS deductions 204
- Out of time or not? 185