Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- VAT joint margin scheme arrangement 94 1
- RTI offline? 594 2
- Mortgage Reference 877 14
- Can a company claim R&D relief under both the SME and large company schemes? 117 1
- CIS and Xero 271 1
- AMAP on borrowed car?? 224 7
- Retrospective VAT Query 152 2
- property capital gains 402 4
- Chargeable Event - life insurance bond written in trust 130 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 289 8
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 896 9
- Tips on meals 563 5
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,347 15
- S.455 Tax again 452 9
- Overdrawn directors loans and insolvent winding up 205 3
- Closing down loss-making company 805 15
- Stumped - IHT 624 8
- Can any cloud accounting package cope with operating a Foreign Branch and UK Head Office? 178 1
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 504 3
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 429 14
- ACCA Shenanigans subject of EDM 982
- Members in Public Practice 595
- Oplex Careers CPD 364
- Payroll manager and the cloud 294
- Is the APN valid 240
- Treatment of EIS relate back? 238
- Institute of Customer Services 238
- Kashflow payroll 228
- Class 4 NI due on 2 self employments 226
- Continuity of Practice 206