Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 343 8
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 407 12
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 105 4
- Dividends 225 3
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 771 13
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 62 2
- Collecting cash on behalf of another business 125 4
- Unpaid Fee's 121 5
- Aquisition Value 62 2
- HMRC Getting Extra Tough? 1,232 11
- A very basic T9 or T0 Question... 159 4
- Limited Company trading status. 156 3
- Alphabet shares dividend paperwork 74 1
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 279 1
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 176 2
- How much to charge? 612 9
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 211 3
- Network marketing client - how does it work? 211 6
- Charity recouping VAT via a separate company 721 4
- cold file reviewer needed 129 1
- Possible Partnership? 500
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 479
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 455
- New Fangled Penalties 290
- Clubs and Taxable Income 254
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 251
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 240
- Loans to other companies 187
- Tasbook email configuration 176
- Accomodation and travel 170