Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- client threatening legal action 1,786 27
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 664 8
- Partially exempt? 234 9
- Reclaiming EU VAT on fuel and expenses 81 1
- First VAT Visit for client 210 4
- Dividend in specie 222 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 154 8
- Lorry Drivers 131 2
- Redundancy payment added to p45 69 1
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 80 1
- Mexican student in UK 113 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 193 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 291 12
- payroll software 106 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,047 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 93 1
- Pricing 329 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 245 5
- VAT 115 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 849 18
- Skandia using wrong address 483
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 278
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 272
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 222
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 213
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 208
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 158