Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- No Prrof of Posting of Tax Return sent by Post 385 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 1,574 32
- Company Car Purchased in Name of Director 78 1
- Renting property to yourself 286 8
- Definition of "Ultimate Controlling Party" FRS 8 376 16
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 88 4
- register as self employed? 98 2
- Who owns SAGE Data? 102 1
- VAT enquiry 66 1
- Write off of former director's loan 207 4
- A previous partnership, a dispute and their conduct now 235 4
- Capital gain or not? 124 3
- EC VAT 154 5
- Accountant software 248 3
- Forecasting Software 194 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 1,831 21
- Accountant Pays Clients Tax 392 5
- Which software for practice books? 284 5
- Employer wishes to meet the cost of a number of employees childcare costs 111 3
- LTD company late penalties 255 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 626
- CIS to 5/10/13 and HMRC Computer issue 480
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 448
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 274
- How to format a stock book 228
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 192
- Foreign income on Self Assesment 180
- Tax efficient holding company structure 167
- Investment property company accounts template 159
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 149