Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- Real names 1,095 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 478 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 82 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,363 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 651 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 224 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 65 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 123 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 275 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,569 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,955 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,936 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 76 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 115 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 162 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 106 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 87 1
- Tax position re this lease? 162 2
- VAT on Training Courses 141 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 141 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 274
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 267
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 258
- Cancelled 200
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 170