Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- Class 2 NIC 35 1
- Advertising Tips? 391 9
- Company Structure 447 13
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 2,621 34
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,627 35
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 499 11
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 124 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 1,045 16
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 597 19
- Taxation of UK branches of foreign companies 172 1
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 381 10
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 258 6
- Annual Investment Allowance on Van 471 8
- International priorities 123 1
- Transfering bank balnces between old and new co. 163 3
- iris update 11.9.2 286 3
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 522 13
- Revenue phishing examples 387 2
- Do joint employment contracts enjoy double NI allowances? 294 4
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 404 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 740
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 438
- Costly Accounting Software contract 378
- Directors' advances and credits 291
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 265
- DTA tie-breaker issue 255
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 236
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 213
- CGT for NOn UK residents 199
- Apprenticeship Levy 187