Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- VAT on Microsoft Office Accounting Professional 2009 174 1
- Surcharges on very late VAT 207 3
- Should I pass on my HMRC login 421 11
- If an invoice is sent and paid does a contract exist 251 10
- Using a Business broker to sell a clients Company.....??? 103 2
- Was I rude 787 20
- Need qualification back due to clients' banks needing my references 283 9
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 214 8
- IRIS Open Books problem 290 1
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 283 7
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 196 6
- Non-compete agreement 184 1
- Expenses claim for non employee 199 1
- Any views 740 1
- IRIS Practice Management 146 2
- Non Registered trader selling to Malta 109 2
- Pre- trading Expenses 95 1
- Dividend payments and shareholdings 177 3
- Corporation tax due date confusion 309 4
- You cannot be Serious!!! 259 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,485
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 822
- International interest certificate 448
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 422
- Sale of business 396
- NOVA 291
- farming-related R & D tax relief claims 204
- Bonus Bonds 177
- Management expenses for investment company 174
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 167