Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- Anyone else still working this week? 462 15
- How much does the company pay 813 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 149 4
- Cocaine anyone? 883 14
- HMRC property income enquiry 444 10
- Proof of identification 111 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 140 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 122 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 303 5
- Using home as clients registered address 217 4
- Childcare vouchers 369 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 91 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 89 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 84 1
- two business from one premises 191 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 66 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 249 4
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 372 4
- Merry Christmas 149 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 105 3
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 509
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 328
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 278
- WWOOFers 266
- The booking.com con 250
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 249
- Cocaine anyone? 234
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 227
- UK State pension paid in NZ 178