Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- LLP classification of division of profit 177 6
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 443 23
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 309 21
- Is an IPDI passed to wife on death exempt from IHT 90 1
- Excessive Security 755 32
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 465 9
- Does practical cloud s/w for high transaction volumes exist? 503 24
- Reduce Rate VAT as a developer 117 2
- Fee protection 319 10
- Go Cardless 102 3
- EIS deferral relief 38 1
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,266 41
- Bringing money to Uk 100 1
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,053 31
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 204 3
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 89 3
- VAT Inspection 103 2
- VAT on commission from Oyster card top up, lottery & paypoint 188 1
- Is it just me 223 6
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 220 12
- Xtuple 485
- Qtac payroll for bureau 325
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 264
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 207
- Mehjoo 207
- New strategic report 161
- Domain name sale and limited company 144
- South African Government Pension 141
- CIS schemes 139