Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,325 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 270 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 854 18
- NALS Accountants Report 102 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,469 35
- Legal title not in the company name 273 10
- Dividend dates 563 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 129 3
- Sole properietor 172 4
- transitioning payroll 240 8
- dividend proposals 107 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 234 2
- Deduction from Salary 300 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 197 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,726 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 93 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 437 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 160 2
- 12 Pay Problems 257 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 89 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 311
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 231
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176