Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- signature required 120 8
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 433 14
- Dispensation 97 2
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 72 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 269 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 199 3
- Capitalising purchased software 96 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 252 2
- Web sites 122 1
- Recharge for private use of a company car 554 17
- how to object to registered company name... 328 2
- Property income in different capacities 249 5
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 526 12
- CGT 472 19
- CGT 288 5
- Vat registration exception 139 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 485 10
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 139 1
- Charity Grant accounting 112 3
- Entrepreneurs Relief 858 46
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,211
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 805
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 503
- Digita Hosted Software 325
- Credit where credit's due....... 298
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 231
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 177
- TheTax Donut 157
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 151
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 146