Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- General tax book with planning 139 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,193 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 273 11
- Gift of property & improvements 108 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 336 5
- VAT Invoice 124 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 799 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 124 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 210 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 174 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 144 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 443 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 368 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 251 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 180 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 160 4
- SA302's anyone?? 534 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 192 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 293
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 149