Which nominal code should be used for a Gratuity Paid at a restaurant?
I am currently finalising our annual accounts and I like things to be 100% correct.
I have searched this site, HMRC and the web in general but can only seem to find information relating to NIC's and gratuities received.
My question is when we have a business meeting which finishes late and we do not get back to the office until evening, we naturally require subsistence.
I have a few invoices which I would like to post to Sage which have been paid directly by the business but we included a gratuity.
I have posted the subsistence to BP 1200 7406 T1 to claim VAT back on the main meal but how do I handle the gratuity please?
I realise that it will probably be T9 but to what nominal code should I assign it?
And finally! What is deemed to be an acceptable cost for subsistence - on a per meal basis? On a per day basis?
If we sent £35 for two people at a restaurant 80 miles from home at say 5pm, would this be deemed OK by the revenue? The time was actually after 8pm. but I simply want to get a feel of what is reasonable in the eyes of HMRC.
I know that there are time constraints also. I believe it you were to arrive home after 8pm then you can claim.
Many thanks in anticipation of any answers.
- Sage Priority Support 135 3
- incorrect old p60 237 5
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 109 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 796 24
- Micro-entity accounts 72 1
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 967 26
- Related party disclosure 129 3
- Inflation and fees 1,290 23
- Company reconstruction 64 1
- Missing tax return 245 3
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 209 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 95 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 134 1
- Advice please! 383 2
- VAT on new builds 149 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 115 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 346 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,934 28
- Redundancy Pay 445 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 734 6