Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 68 4
- Company Director In Prison 91 2
- MAAT vs ACCA 303 5
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,472 70
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,513 55
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 595 20
- VAT registration? 129 1
- ec sales lists 139 1
- VAT registration to supply services in EU 129 1
- Vat Retrospective Reclaim 136 1
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 79 4
- Small company audit 720 12
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 162 2
- Estate agents - shared commission 118 3
- VAT point on Consignment stock 58 1
- Charity work 48 1
- West Bromich Albion 435 4
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 711 21
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 119 3
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 603 15
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 662
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 457
- Cancelled 417
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 358
- Cancelled 356
- Probiz 324
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 306
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 235
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 209
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 181