Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- The stupidity continues 403 16
- transactions after account have been closed 68 2
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,306 25
- New Employers Helpline 177 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 155 3
- Software recommendations 239 1
- Share transfer question 354 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 291 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 154 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,400 19
- Overlap relief 749 19
- What is IRIS World like? 347 8
- Pension contributions 364 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 146 4
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 479 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 169 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 474 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 265 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 205 1
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 564 10
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 434
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 429
- WIP Software 293
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 286
- No payroll scheme in place 230
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 196
- Small Part Disposal of Property 181
- Uncommercial property business 175