Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- LIVE chat, starting now 412 2
- Late Registration for VAT 398 12
- Follower cases 527 1
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 354 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 130 3
- TheTax Donut 1,100 1
- Can S455 tax repaid 81 2
- PAYE coding out 72 1
- VAT avoidance? 80 1
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 251 6
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 689 10
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 652 22
- How to explain this to someone 356 2
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 157 2
- Register for self assessment again as LLP member? 64 2
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 699 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 290 4
- Old CGT loss 347 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 320 2
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 175 6
- Hive up 452
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 417
- corporate hierarchy 406
- Advice - 229
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 202
- Amortisation of Goodwill 195
- WWOOFers 183
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 183
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 167
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 165