Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- incorrect old p60 77 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 465 4
- VAT on new builds 100 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 661 16
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 335 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 112 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 103 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 113 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,802 26
- Missing tax return 145 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 911 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 271 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 153 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 549 18
- Physiotherapy 233 3
- Inflation and fees 1,207 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 155 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 275 8
- CGT help please 139 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 339 7