Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 74 2
- Xero Pain Points 178 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 288 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 125 4
- New starter - tax code 89 3
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 86 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 542 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 215 3
- Childcare 254 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 209 2
- The importance of Grammar 779 21
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 790 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 90 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 200 4
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,452 18
- Small hotel - food for personal use 113 1
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 206 5
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 406 12
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,535 53
- Is this dodgy? 772 17
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 357
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 293
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 278
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 276
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 268
- Electric Car 219
- S222 Charge 199
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 192
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 188
- Company Structure 168