Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 259 7
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,238 23
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,288 370
- 100% Xero practice 2,270 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 101 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 164 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 107 1
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 116 3
- Scottish but not UK 312 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 284 10
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 109 1
- What is the role of an accountant? 458 13
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- P11D Query 150 4
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 83 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,326 25
- Company Accounts 439 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 100 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 296 7
- EIS/SEIS capital gains exemption 198 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 429
- National Insurance 329
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 323
- Non Resident 252
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 241
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152