Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- How much to charge for payroll? 678 15
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 79 3
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 226 4
- See you all on the other side 175 5
- When do we qualify for state pension? 63 1
- VATABLE Income 164 3
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 88 2
- Seeking a tax case 185 7
- Different Filing Dates - Help! 238 7
- What are we calling cloud now? 378 6
- P11D software 63 1
- Write off of loans FROM participators 436 9
- VAT - business splitting 223 3
- Income tax or Capital gains tax? 577 16
- BTC vs Digita 937 28
- RTI - how to correct HMRC's error 397 7
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 942 16
- Jersey - VAT 104 2
- how to file Late annual Accounts for dormant company ? 292 5
- Flat rate Vat Scheme for a Welder 125 2
- HMRC Joint Filing 520
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 389
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 348
- IRIS and FRS 102 323
- USA help 279
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 240
- Capital gains on rental property 223
- Sage Coretime 210
- Capitalising Finance Lease 209
- PILON Foreign Service Exemption ITEPA 2003 S414 185