Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- Childcare vouchers 147 2
- More RTI stuff 47 2
- Financial statements accounting policies 29 1
- Scams are not always obvious 910 28
- SAGE 50 PAYROLL YEAR END 22 1
- Little PPR calc question 91 2
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 357 5
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 198 4
- Retrospective Credit Notes 55 2
- Can loss derived in first year of letting out be carried forward to be set off rental in next year? 475 9
- Relationship between amortisation and distributable profits 44 1
- Restructuring company and Form 42 103 5
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 262 7
- Personal allowance 492 11
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 180 6
- Taxation of rental income 304 6
- Market Value/Connected Persons 234 9
- Overseas company and VAT 58 1
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 147 2
- Workshops centred around Xero 486 12
- New Fangled Penalties 1,045
- Moving away from CCH software 912
- Recruitment agencies 538
- QROP pension input amounts 414
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 366
- Deemed Employment Payment 349
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 316
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 302
- fraud 230
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 227