Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- Corporation Tax Software 378 11
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 652 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 70 1
- Auto enrolment 105 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 103 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 84 4
- Regular Director bonus 434 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 141 1
- Registration as self-employed 111 1
- BrightPay 1,089 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 520 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 336 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,097 17
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 970 13
- BIK for an electric car 160 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,627 90
- How do I save face? 2,349 14
- Goodie bag 3,089 72
- US Pensions and Renunciation of Citizenship 116 1
- How many associated companies 196 2
- Possible Partnership? 686
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 534
- Fuming! 512
- New Fangled Penalties 466
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 333
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 273
- Moving away from CCH software 264
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 256
- Outsource Data Entry 254
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 207