Which Software to chose for complete practice solution
I have worked 15 years in practice and 10 years in industry. My current directorship is coming to end at the end of the year.
And rather than take another job I want to return to practice and set up my own company as always had about 20 clients
I looked after part time.
I have always been A sage man, but in the last 10 when I have been out of the practice side of things a few other players seem to have come along.
I currently use Sage compliance kit for 20 clients which has personal tax, business tax accounts production which costs about 1500 per year.
I expect to get up to be serving 80 to 100 personal tax returns and about 50 sets of accounts for sole traders and small companies.
The cost of sage goes up quite rapidly once you increase your numbers.
I have been recommended to use TaxCalc by a few other practitioners I know and I have seen Digita advertised on here along with Iris.
I need something that is easy to use as I don't particularly want to spend loads of time re training.
Also the practice management side of things would be useful client management, time recording etc. marketing mail shotting
Can anyone give advice on what they would choose as there seems to be a move a way from Sage these days and I would value
Your experiences of similar sized businesses to myself.
And also what sort of budget I should be allowing to buy the software in that will do the job, and what are service levels and technical support like.
Also I would prefer a cloud based solution but most providers seem to be keeping away from hosted solutions, although I beleive TaxCalc
Are working on it.
Any comments and advice greatly appreciated.
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 220 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 23 1
- Have i messed up? 733 11
- VAT on garage rent 97 8
- Are HMRC getting it right? 416 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 47 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 72 2
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 237 8
- Tasks for new trainees 130 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 60 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 50 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 552 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 98 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,636 46
- Property scam victim 297 4
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 248 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,804 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 167 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 139 2
- Partnership returns software 87 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,085
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 572
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 382
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 286
- Charge out rates in London? 240
- Interest on Loan to a Company 187
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 173
- Agent fees to sell business 162
- Alphabet shares 159
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 153