Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,693 21
- Capital gains tax and PPR 130 2
- Badges of trade 65 1
- online accounts and timesheets 59 2
- P11D & tax return 314 11
- Member meet up 1 October in London 363 9
- Seeking advice: Director's claim to money 237 7
- Identify cost savings 237 6
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 473 7
- HMRC AND BAD ORGANIZATION 175 2
- Jobs after completing ACCA 170 2
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 609 11
- are these allowable deductions? 170 1
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 582 12
- Option To Tax - VAT on residential sales? 100 1
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 148 3
- Can Guernsey company have same name as mine 429 7
- Schedule A losses 159 1
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 219 5
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 843 1
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 439
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 394
- Electric Car 337
- S222 Charge 273
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 242
- AIA 217
- IP trans to holding company 210
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 210
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 172
- Payroll Manager - tax code for starter declaration 'C' 165