Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 113 3
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 723 19
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 800 38
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 646 16
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 142 4
- Tax Penalty overeaction 532 10
- 5% penalty on late payment 65 1
- New Boiler at Rental Property 224 3
- Ongoing trade? 216 4
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 51 1
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 223 4
- Freelance software consultant 280 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 143 1
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 230 1
- opening balamces 348 11
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 288 4
- What is included in earnings for Carers Allowance purposes? 110 2
- payroo 196 3
- Which P45 to Use 280 3
- Auto enrolment 1,597 25
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 774
- Copy Wanted 486
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 277
- Entrepreneurs' relief 259
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 224
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 222