Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 35 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 123 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 224 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 394 9
- Scanners 153 3
- Payment plans for clients 80 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 215 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 211 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 387 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 431 9
- P60 or payslips? 73 1
- Property income in different capacities 94 1
- IHT dilemma 1,374 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 183 1
- IT advisory questions? 164 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 791 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 123 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 518 7
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 462 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 635 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,153
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 794
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 482
- Digita Hosted Software 318
- Credit where credit's due....... 269
- Director phone costs 229
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 225
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 188
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 150
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 133