Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- sole trader to ltd company 59 2
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 113 3
- Rogue Accountant 1,064 33
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 1,104 35
- Spousal transfer and PPR 298 10
- Personal bank account in limited company 225 7
- Dual taxation - usa 184 2
- My house has fallen down 444 13
- CGT on residential property for a non resident and PPR relief 92 1
- Timing of LTD CIS rebates 277 10
- Quickbooks Desktop - 14/15 Employment Allowance 250 7
- Inheritance Tax Advice 90 1
- Directors Salary and Directors Loan Account and RTI 108 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 548 8
- Getting fees, getting harder? 940 22
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 284 4
- What are the tax implications of bringing funds into the UK from abroad? 201 2
- Property sale split between years 156 5
- VAT charge on e-service supply 94 3
- VATMOSS filing 165 3
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 638
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 404
- Pensions Regulator 378
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 321
- RTI - duplicate employee record 319
- Using the correct forms 298
- SA penalty proposals 295
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 274
- Digital marketing focus group 196
- Sage Vat return box 2 185