Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 24 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 777 32
- Classic cars investment 212 6
- BrightPay 570 16
- VAT silly question 2,374 56
- Are sheepdog winnings taxable? 1,075 10
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 127 2
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 241 5
- Gift or Capital Gain? 246 6
- Federation Accounts 357 10
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 536 8
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 278 5
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 141 2
- Late reply from HMRC 253 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 284 6
- I think I'm developing an anger issue 2,670 34
- How long to prepare monthly management accounts 1,424 22
- Xero - am I missing something? 2,794 43
- paid or unpaid - who knows! 505 11
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 227 3
- Benchmarking 487
- Possible Partnership? 428
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 406
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 405
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 346
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 205
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 202
- Clubs and Taxable Income 186
- Income tax on foreign dividends 185
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 180