Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 440 7
- New CASC rules 86 2
- Strike off 115 4
- Autoenrolment and variable earnings 259 2
- How to find difference in Sage bank rec 85 3
- When to register or not for PAYE 236 3
- CIS subcontractor's invoice on QuickFile 134 4
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 239 6
- valuation of vehicles 529 20
- Settlements Legislation - Adult Children as shareholders 78 1
- Gift to son by parents 306 2
- Company investment 83 1
- What is your favourite font? 283 7
- RTI Mess 600 10
- directors loan 502 9
- Why are so many UK accountants reticent to make use of Indian outsourcing providers? 3,572 81
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 553 23
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 581 8
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 529 5
- Assets at strike off 195 3
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 335
- Any thoughts on Capium? 282
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 268
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 255
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 238
- auto enrolment 216
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 195
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 186
- How to account for investment in JV? 173
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 162