Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 155 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 312 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 56 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 284 7
- Family Partnership 290 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 189 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 195 6
- Business trips - director and family 421 3
- Signed accounts for bank 666 15
- flat rate scheme 2,383 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 170 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 329 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 192 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 96 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 860 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 211 5
- VAT Query on new build 128 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 122 1
- P11D Car Value 275 6
- NOVA declaration 114 1