Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,648 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 496 10
- Errors in prior year accounts 851 23
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,350 18
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,985 39
- VAT & capitalising 133 3
- Final year's accounts 160 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 314 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 306 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 314 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 255 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 149 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,982 36
- Invoice Help 256 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 192 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 262 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 246 3
- Sorry ignore me 912 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 598 5
- Free Shares ? 252 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 298
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 192
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 170
- What's the market like for temps? 168