Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Rounding errors on CT600 201 7
- Insovent companies 872 19
- Xerocon 2016 1,197 33
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 144 2
- New Build 174 1
- Mortgage Reference 503 6
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,292 48
- BrightPay quirks 178 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 797 20
- Website Content 130 1
- Personal Tax 618 12
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 122 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 164 1
- USA Tax Query 287 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 431 5
- last minute request 642 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 343 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 375 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,733 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 986 6