Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 92 2
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 101 4
- Company purchase of shares 250 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 90 2
- VAT QUESTION 126 2
- Holding on to fees paid monthly for work not yet done? 1,076 14
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,205 15
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 211 13
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 281 4
- Why should I retain membership? 2,210 35
- BTL property solely in wife's name - can she split rental income with husband? 481 14
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 663 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 158 5
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 92 1
- HMRC Underpayment notices. Are they related to Employers Allowance 163 1
- Starting Self Employment while Employed in Practice 2,622 41
- VAT: option to tax 208 5
- Prior Year Adjustments 203 3
- Payroll software 590 14
- Permanent Place of Work & Travel & Subsistence 181 4
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 682
- Auto enrolment excuses 610
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 362
- Call Centre Data Costs 174
- Social investment tax relief 173
- Digita Hosted Software 169
- option to tax 155
- VAT on deposits 138
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 134
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 130