Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- PRR 216 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 186 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,088 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 150 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 77 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,461 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 259 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 286 4
- corp tax software 343 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 437 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 460 7
- Which tax box 182 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 108 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 228 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 204 6
- References for clients 197 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 145 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 113 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 315 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 142 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 462
- National Insurance 359
- Non Resident 277
- Franchise income and costs 254
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 140