Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Overseas bank interest 121 3
- Contractor accommodation expenses 109 1
- Undeclared rental income 1,909 20
- Kasperskey - home pc 309 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 161 2
- Rental Income Tax Planning 270 4
- Cash basis 261 7
- Statutory sick pay 132 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,891 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,269 12
- Lorry Drivers 360 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 235 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,602 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 134 1
- PRR 585 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 219 2
- Partially exempt? 317 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 264 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 599 4
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 256 10
- Skandia using wrong address 530
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 291
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- Employee rewards 278
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 250
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 243
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 232
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139