Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,134 45
- dividend 100 10
- Error on SA Tax Return 78 2
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 77 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 237 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 139 3
- Irish Taxation 130 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 283 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 504 6
- Drector renting room to company 72 1
- Off site storage 136 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 581 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 236 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 345 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 221 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 316 4
- Self assesment losses 310 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 168 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 175 1
- CT treatment of staff entertainment for overseas staff 116 2
- Xtuple 562
- Qtac payroll for bureau 384
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 339
- Domain name sale and limited company 229
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 210
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 206
- Investment 203
- Tax on damages received 177
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 176
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 144