Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 70 5
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 88 2
- Goodwill omitted from first years accounts 167 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 516 5
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 431 8
- Limited company buying a car 95 3
- ACCA practice certificates 477 5
- Limited company buying director's car 264 10
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 56 1
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 56 1
- WC's and capital allowances 163 3
- Entrepeneurs relief 291 13
- Dress code 1,532 36
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 473 13
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 244 6
- HMRC Seminar on Penalties - Did you last the course? 366 4
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 466 23
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 162 4
- Loan Repayment on Invoice 96 3
- SH01 filing deadline - late filing 186 4
- CTA study material 765
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 475
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 387
- Employment related securities question 305
- AIM Stocks and IHT 278
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 256
- Expat pension contributions? 255
- Trust for Employee 233
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 166
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 146