Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- LLP members share of profits 493 29
- husband and wife dividends 279 5
- VAT Option to tax 383 11
- Has anyone knowledge of Creditserve 48 1
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 2,102 24
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 1,848 15
- Entrepreneurs Relief 142 4
- PPR qualifying period while living in employer accommodation? 91 2
- Business travel apps 106 3
- late vat registration and immediate deregistration 53 1
- How often can you change VAT scheme in a year? 67 2
- Value pricing 2,435 99
- Secondment expenses 85 3
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 282 4
- BEST CPD COURSE 136 2
- Late P800 demand shows later year? 306 17
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 117 5
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 359 2
- Sage payroll 658 14
- Client has been fined by HMRC 845 18
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 895
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 628
- Free Tax Legislation? 389
- Director Loan account operation 384
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 310
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 309
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 281
- Paye procedures for CVA 213
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 212
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 173