Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 115 4
- The stupidity continues 1,528 74
- looking for a practice consultant 220 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 111 2
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 333 3
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 214 4
- Withdrawing company car 131 1
- AML report needed? 202 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 268 6
- transactions after account have been closed 328 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 106 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 400 9
- Marketing and email surprises 465 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 772 26
- What is IRIS World like? 425 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 337 5
- Mlom bollocks 295 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 127 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 161 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 604 11
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- No payroll scheme in place 246
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 244
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 219
- Is there anything wrong with this? 214
- Small Part Disposal of Property 204
- Uncommercial property business 193