Which version of Sage?
I have a client who uses Sage Instant (v2011) but I don't have Sage. So far it's worked fine with them sending me a .csv file of the nominal balances etc each quarter, which I use to update VT.
We have a problem now as I have sent over the journals for the year end adjustments and they can't work out how to put them through. So I've decided that I need to get Sage so that I can open their backup and either (a) make the adjustments for them or (b) be able to better talk them through how to do it.
So which version do I get? My options, as I see it, are:
1. Sage Instant v2011
2. Sage Instant v2012 - will this still give me full functionality?
3. Sage 50 - again will this give me full functionality? Or indeed enhanced functionality? I need to work out whether it is worth me spending the extra ££.
4. Sage Accountants Club - will this give me access to the most recent version of Sage that I can use to open the backup?
I would welcome the thoughts of anyone who knows Sage because frankly I don't know it well enough to make the judgment! Part of me thinks that if I'm going to go down the Sage route then I may as well get Sage 50 because it will give me more options. But then I don't want to pay for something that will never get used and will be obsolete within a year. I only have one client at present on Sage, the rest use VT or Excel.
Thank you very much.
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,666 45
- Undisclosed income 108 2
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 215 3
- Private Investment Company 123 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 77 1
- New company - form a group? 188 3
- Small company audit 125 1
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 278 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 791 17
- CIC Company 421 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,688 57
- Is this a scam? 795 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 149 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 357 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 259 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 277 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 384 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,341 33
- Dividend dates 494 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 601
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 335
- Cancelled 287
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 260
- Probiz 246
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 186
- Car leasing scheme 183
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 170