Why Are We Still The Agents?
Two ex-clients, unconnected limited companies, had their records passed on to new ("cheaper") accountants nine months ago.
Evidently we're still the agents - two Penalty Determinations notices for unfiled P11Dbs (£400 apiece) have just landed in our post. After I'd stopped chuckling, further investigation reveals that we still have online access to both of these ex-clients' Corp tax and PAYE records.
The old paper 64-8s used to supercede and automatically delete the previous agent. Do their electronic counterparts do the same? Or is there an overlap period in which there are two agents - if so, are we as the outgoing agents supposed to press the "delete client" button in HMRC's online records?
- Xerocon 2016 1,011 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,188 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 218 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 228 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 585 12
- Personal Tax 483 11
- USA Tax Query 157 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,659 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 277 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 597 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 348 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 404 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 167 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 320 4
- last minute request 507 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,253 46