Why Are We Still The Agents?
Two ex-clients, unconnected limited companies, had their records passed on to new ("cheaper") accountants nine months ago.
Evidently we're still the agents - two Penalty Determinations notices for unfiled P11Dbs (£400 apiece) have just landed in our post. After I'd stopped chuckling, further investigation reveals that we still have online access to both of these ex-clients' Corp tax and PAYE records.
The old paper 64-8s used to supercede and automatically delete the previous agent. Do their electronic counterparts do the same? Or is there an overlap period in which there are two agents - if so, are we as the outgoing agents supposed to press the "delete client" button in HMRC's online records?
- Legal advisor recommendation please 39 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 329 4
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,033 5
- HMRC Postal Delays 114 3
- Landing clients 599 19
- Time to react ? ? ? 604 6
- Dividends allowed on ordinary shares transferred during the year?? 79 2
- Dividends 103 3
- Closure of PAYE scheme 90 1
- cash the returned VAT cheque 304 3
- Rent a room for half a year, fully let for the other half? 84 1
- Signed accounts for bank 439 9
- Termination Payment 392 14
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 192 6
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 291 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 200 5
- flat rate scheme 2,160 40
- How can a childcare facility mitigate vat 129 1
- Opening a Quick books file 193 2
- What are my legal responsibilities 562 15