winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Mortgage Adviser's request 128 4
- CGT on spouse's death 72 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 380 8
- Payroll software 170 4
- Company UTR numbers 287 6
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 345 9
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 637 30
- Starting Again 111 1
- Summer house for business only 60 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 86 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 549 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 123 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 115 3
- How do you count your clients 396 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 150 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 108 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 466 9
- Property Expenses 114 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 154 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 740 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 590
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 578
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 375
- Pensions Regulator 345
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 278
- Government Gateway - VAT 273
- Using the correct forms 260
- SA penalty proposals 244
- RTI - duplicate employee record 232
- Accelerated payment notices 225