winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 251 11
- client can't/won't pay 986 18
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 894 25
- Company dividends 165 8
- Knuckle down one week to go! 648 12
- New HMRC website 34 1
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 230 9
- Online registration of share scheme 54 1
- Worried over stock value 319 9
- Use of home deduction 87 4
- Backdate C79? 202 4
- Insolvent company in process of strike off 47 1
- Goodwill adjustment 86 1
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 83 4
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 297 5
- how to reduce student loan payments - taxfiler 275 8
- state pension statement 440 7
- Notice of Coding 0T but not Month 1 231 6
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 111 1
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,351 25
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 837
- Copy Wanted 565
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 515
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 497
- Latest phishing scam 363
- Entrepreneurs' relief 339
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 299
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 294
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 286
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 192