winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Statutory Residence Test - Travelling 122 1
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,035 303
- Mortgage deposit Gift 55 2
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,095 15
- Has HMRC got powers to do this? 304 3
- New Client in dispute with old accountant 575 11
- Paying tax in Angola and uk? 94 1
- EC sales list 48 1
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 327 5
- Repairs after a rental business ends 380 11
- ICPA-Scotland 171 2
- Shutting down losing Directors Loan 211 1
- Declined for business bank account 376 6
- Help with Mortgage Application? 535 7
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 223 10
- Standard 'email' template system 921 14
- How to complete annual VAT return online? 241 4
- Irish VAT Deferred payment 113 1
- Circular shareholding 273 6
- Starting as sole trader from abroad 216 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,125
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 369
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 301
- National Insurance 275
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 241
- Payments on account coded out?? 236
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 226
- Non Resident 193
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 193
- Franchise income and costs 180