winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Question regarding gym training 92 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 130 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 467 9
- Directors Subsistence 338 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,037 26
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 558 9
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 177 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 408 9
- R&D tax credit claim 149 4
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 360 5
- New company - form a group? 82 1
- Not a good start no broadband 203 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 125 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 333 2
- Incorporation Relief 295 6
- Penalty suspension 161 2
- is this fraud? 375 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 340 7
- Corporate shareholder question 229 4
- Bartercard 319 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 562
- Cancelled 336
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 321
- Cancelled 277
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 240
- Probiz 221
- CIS Deductions 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 169
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 160
- Car leasing scheme 154