winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 235 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,494 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 288 3
- A Friday Funny. 296 5
- Something for the weekend? 227 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 547 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,246 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,535 26
- Coming out of flat rate 149 1
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,598 27
- Accounting for display stands 220 6
- AML reporting to NCA 158 3
- vat gross profit percentage margins 416 1
- HMRC enquiry - PAYE error / RTI 310 4
- VAT training 228 3
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 354 6
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 198 1
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 388 9
- Companies House Search 284 2
- HMRC Online Services Problems 560 14
- NHS finance professionals 706
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 401
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 381
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 333
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 299
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 276
- IFA income recognition & reporting 223
- Incorporating doctors 217