winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 283 6
- Capital Gains Regime/Corporation Tax Regime 84 4
- Recruitment consultancy says previous accountant said they could claim VAT on candidate entertainment. Could this be correct? 161 5
- ITS HAPPENED AGAIN SPAM SPAM SPAM 606 17
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 765 15
- Late filing penalties refunded 265 4
- Employers allowance 69 1
- Dividend in Specie on demerger 102 1
- Gross Profit Margin- motor vehicle mechanic 186 5
- Overpayment of Salary 816 24
- Effect on new state pension of contracted out periods 73 1
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 115 2
- Is this Tax Deductible??? 562 1
- CIS Software Recommendations 135 1
- CGT on house within Limited Company 319 10
- Subsistence Claims 339 3
- India Capital Gain 186 2
- Fee reasonable or OTT? 443 7
- Pressure to upgrade from Sage 50 Accounts 2013 238 4
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 577 12
- Theatre Tax Relief 426
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 332
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 311
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 290
- Perkbox 241
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 231
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 224
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 200
- Document Management Systems 200
- WIP Software 186