winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- HMRC Post 144 3
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 78 1
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 73 1
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 90 1
- Any reasons for a dissolved company to comply with HMRC requesting Corporation Tax and Tax Returns 192 4
- Freelance/Employee 527 14
- Should training costs being reclaimed be deducted from gross or net salary 172 3
- Can you have two types of sales? Sales with VAT and Sale without VAT? 448 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 1,833 57
- Salary Sacrifice andy subsistence payments 315 8
- VAT FRS for a Formula 2 Racing Driver 160 3
- Employment Allowance 348 3
- RBS advising client they don't want his business 2,380 13
- Auto-enrolment staging dates, letters etc 171 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 961 21
- Company Structure 280 2
- The importance of Grammar 2,111 58
- Who is responsible for goods values for customs clearance? 65 1
- Accountant Specialization. 131 1
- Student Loan Box in Year Repaid 220 3
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 400
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 365
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 344
- Electric Car 278
- S222 Charge 233
- IP trans to holding company 181
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 171
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 161
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 157
- AIA 153