winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 127 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 125 1
- Instant CPD offer 285 4
- Cash basis 517 13
- Income from rent charged to business 126 2
- payroll software 369 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 441 5
- Statutory sick pay 308 4
- Dividend in specie 369 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 175 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 274 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 168 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 388 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,857 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 335 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 258 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 110 1
- Skandia using wrong address 576
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 307
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 307
- Employee rewards 289
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 256
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 228
- Etax Australian 188
- LLP in Construction Industry 155
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 132
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 131