winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- SATR - ommission of capital gains 41 1
- Recourse to Accountant for incorrect accounts 2,248 19
- Scanners 161 4
- Overdrawn Directors Loan Account 66 1
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 147 5
- Solar panels - VAT and Capital allowances 227 3
- Recharge for private use of a company car 399 9
- Payment plans for clients 97 2
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 224 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 225 7
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 390 2
- Should I move back home away from my office? 437 9
- P60 or payslips? 87 1
- Property income in different capacities 98 1
- IHT dilemma 1,382 21
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 187 1
- IT advisory questions? 171 5
- Entrepreneurs Relief 793 44
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 133 1
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,157
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 796
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 486
- Digita Hosted Software 320
- Credit where credit's due....... 270
- Director phone costs 231
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 226
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 193
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 151
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 134