winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Directors obligation to notify 14 1
- UK Accountancy Franchise 71 1
- Lets hear it for HMRC! 221 2
- Don't HMRC collect CT anymore? 51 1
- Starting new accounting business 311 6
- Leaving the flat rate scheme 148 4
- error on companies house accounts 743 18
- RTI penalties 101 1
- ACCA, ACPA, IFA, ICPA 520 7
- Bookkeeping software for cafe and VAT 158 2
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 311 5
- US Sales Tax 113 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 368 15
- Anti- Money Laundering - CIMA Practising Certification Application 200 3
- Simplified auto enrolment? 153 1
- Group Relief 131 4
- R&D Credits 105 1
- Is the annual Money Laundering Payment tax allowable 254 7
- VAT Reg.for sole trader with 2 S/E 137 2
- Clients 684 14
- QROP pension input amounts 501
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 482
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 445
- EPS and CIS deductions 301
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 291
- Construction CIS LLP Company 285
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 250
- SAGE winforecast 205
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 187
- Overdrawn director account 174