winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 367 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,179 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 147 4
- New Company reviews please 635 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,082 33
- Business only use of company car 747 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 405 8
- Gift to son by parents 169 1
- valuation of vehicles 494 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 292 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 185 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 415 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 466 4
- BTC is slow 313 3
- Director registration for SA question 535 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 474 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 521 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 531 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 369 4
- VAT with Russia 288 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 325
- Any thoughts on Capium? 264
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 260
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 249
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 229
- auto enrolment 201
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 187
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 173
- How to account for investment in JV? 167
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 159