winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 364 8
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,440 42
- Company formation and bank account 83 4
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 137 2
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 372 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 356 8
- OneNote is fantastic 390 11
- VAT Direct Debit 320 7
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 396 8
- Self Assessment Software 661 21
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 418 13
- Self-assessment statistics 2,331 55
- Director started half way through the year no previous income. Pro rate NI 186 11
- Owning overseas property 186 1
- Fees to charge for Auto enrolment Pension for small Employers 298 3
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 269 1
- Expedia say that they can't give me a VAT invoice 675 13
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,135 21
- PPR on a development? 236 4
- PAYE – Directors NI 398 7
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 643
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 398
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- Property letting & CAs 382
- 2015 tax year end 378
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 377
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 231
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 231
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 227