winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- VAT on Pub purchase 91 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 215 7
- Clever way to split cells? 100 4
- Legal fees for revalued asset 25 1
- VAT BOX 6 & 7 errors 217 9
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 175 3
- VAT Option to tax 528 19
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 155 4
- Director Loan account operation 436 2
- Giving advice to friends / family 221 3
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 500 16
- Tax implications of soletrader gifting money 77 3
- 24 Month Rule - New Employer 239 5
- Business travel apps 193 4
- Clarify the tax position 133 2
- HMRC chasing club for unpaid fees 377 5
- Free Tax Legislation? 436 1
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 377 3
- Foreign national, UK resident 139 1
- Director leaving in month 1 263 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 919
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 646
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 358
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 325
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 233
- Paye procedures for CVA 225
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 202
- Pension Fixed Protection 164
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 163
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 162