winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- P35 and Service Company questions 26 1
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 113 2
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 282 7
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 162 5
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 115 5
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 91 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,567 12
- Companies House incorporation service 265 11
- Share Capital 56 2
- Trading income or not? 124 1
- Charge HMRC 356 3
- FRS17 query 223 2
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,744 44
- If I repay my Directors loan, will I haveto pay tax on the profit ? 2,567 29
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 555 12
- Slipped out of the self assessment radar 272 2
- How to opt out? 405 6
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 92 1
- utr 178 4
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager 319 7
- Xtuple 541
- Qtac payroll for bureau 369
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 313
- Industrial & Provident Societies 308
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 281
- CIS schemes 214
- Domain name sale and limited company 202
- Investment 182
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 176
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 176