winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,596 45
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 155 6
- Property scam victim 259 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 165 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 183 6
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 462 12
- Aggressive HMRC 1,771 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 138 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 99 2
- Partnership returns software 44 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 253 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 33 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 68 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 125 4
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 119 5
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 240 1
- VAT chargeable or not? 233 4
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 422 8
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 88 4
- Charity reserves 360 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,072
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 569
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 380
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 284
- Charge out rates in London? 231
- Interest on Loan to a Company 183
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 169
- Agent fees to sell business 159
- Alphabet shares 151
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 148