winding up a company with debts
I have a client who is mid-divorce, his solicitor has suggested he winds up his building company which is loss making & has been insolvent last couple of years anyway.(Yes I have kept telling him he shouldn't still be trading!). As he has little work on hand just plans to operate as a subbie for a while?
No "real" assets but large creditors mostly due to bank overdraft and large back dated unpaid CIS & VAT.
My understanding is that if we were to request to winding up the company with Companies house, HMRC will put in an objection due large amount of o/s CIS etc.
Any one have any experiance of this situation, who could advise me, as client has very little funds to appoint liquidators/ administrators etc, in fact I'm dubious about doing last years accounts as not sure I will get paid either :-(
But don't want to see him made bankrupt, or stopped from being a directors in future etc as geniune guy just got out of his depth!
Any help much appreciated?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 461 5
- See you all on the other side 612 6
- 12Pay 334 2
- dividends 452 2
- R&D 260 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,125 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 404 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 318 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 281 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 502 5
- Seeking a tax case 562 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 427 4
- Companies house strike off 404 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 324 2
- Moving to the cloud 699 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 198 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 846 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 189 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,064 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 446 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 542
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 410
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- USA help 305
- Capitalising Finance Lease 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 278
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 268
- Capital gains on rental property 247
- Sage Coretime 228