Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 213 8
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 41 1
- Dividend payment date 1,891 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,715 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 135 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 139 5
- Director hired as an individual 87 2
- Real names 542 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 111 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,290 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 99 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 216 2
- Tax relief on licence costs 126 1
- Who owns the data 240 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 167 5
- Sole Trader Fees 123 1
- Loan interest rental property 197 5
- Theatre as charitable company 57 1
- Peer to Peer lending 149 5
- What's the plural? 684 14
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 434
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 337
- IFA incorporation 315
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 302
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 297
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 253
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 240
- Sorry ignore me 235
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 234