Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 114 4
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 143 3
- Agent authorisation for RTI filing 14 1
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 303 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,047 14
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,320 14
- Autoenrolment and payroll software from April 2015 567 9
- Payment on account penalties 151 4
- How much did you pay for your website 1,701 29
- any implications of this type of transaction 89 2
- Mem & Arts - Multiple Share Classes & Rights 103 1
- Does IR35 apply? 106 1
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 269 7
- Sage data 112 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 424 9
- Limited company buying a car 367 6
- Funding Circle experience 171 3
- Excel query 137 2
- Tax on free shares 159 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 214 3
- CTA study material 809
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 500
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 462
- Employment related securities question 326
- AIM Stocks and IHT 313
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 287
- Expat pension contributions? 284
- Trust for Employee 258
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 240
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 162