Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 204 3
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 867 8
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 745 10
- Lorry Drivers 240 4
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 399 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 51 1
- Undeclared rental income 953 10
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 202 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 191 4
- Money laundering POCA 352 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 72 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 137 3
- client threatening legal action 1,985 29
- Incorporation Relief 173 3
- Auto-Enrolment 4,021 187
- Can I claim mileage? 326 6
- limited company for IR35 169 1
- Ir35 test 149 2
- payroll software 286 2
- Mexican student in UK 192 4
- Skandia using wrong address 517
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 285
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 283
- Employee rewards 269
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 242
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 231
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 176
- LLP in Construction Industry 130