Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Capital Gain? 404 11
- IHT Query 60 2
- Reversing out RTI 110 5
- When should i raise VAT invoice after pro-forma payment received? 295 9
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 844 22
- Gift or Capital Gain? 298 8
- Sage instant bank rec - is it possible to clear past transactions and reconcile from a given month? 269 6
- BrightPay 610 18
- Classic cars investment 239 7
- Are Court and tribunal Judges honest/commit fruad ? 217 3
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 320 7
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 336 7
- New Company - Corp Tax Period 269 9
- Fees for dealing with auto-enrolment 267 2
- H&W company 227 3
- VAT on sale of Vehicle 197 3
- tax teatment of index linked mortgage repayment 171 2
- How much?? (ACCA rules on practice insurance) 176 1
- Does anyone use a cloud based payroll software 808 32
- VAT silly question 2,414 56
- Benchmarking 494
- Possible Partnership? 437
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 412
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 410
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 357
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 211
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 209
- Clubs and Taxable Income 199
- Income tax on foreign dividends 192
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 186