Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Associated companies 74 1
- 2 year rule? Self employed. 151 12
- P11d error 374 8
- Rental Income 215 2
- Share restructure 298 11
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 466 8
- Paperless office question 120 4
- RTI "Reason for submission being late" 376 7
- Warning about Tax Insider (taxinsider.co.uk) 908 5
- Stock Valuation 123 1
- Employment allowance and service companies (outside IR35) 465 14
- How long is filing an FPS meant to take ? 1,890 30
- Corporation tax due and repayable 87 1
- IR35 and working for an EU company 166 2
- Newsletter 218 4
- Business Challenges 500 11
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 416 10
- £2000 Employment Allowance 264 2
- Is an iPad a taxable benefit? 276 4
- dividends, shares, waivers 1,136 15
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 721
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 491
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 326
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 323
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 260
- growth voucher supplier 230
- VAT on Gaming Machines 203
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 195
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 164
- Papilio UK Equity Release Mortgages Ltd 162