Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Changing shareholding ratio 65 2
- New intermediaries reporting requirements 101 1
- SA1 forms 337 12
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 121 5
- Goodwill Entrepreneurs Relief 76 1
- ICPA 420 6
- Do I need to see receipts ? 682 10
- Share disclosure re- Power of Attorney 138 5
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 523 12
- VAT on services to EC customer 163 3
- Delayed option to tax 176 3
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 223 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 836 23
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 341 3
- Cloud backups – know what you are getting … 418 7
- Redundancy Pay 333 4
- question about merging two companies... 200 1
- Latest repayment email =interesting paragraph 452 3
- CG on Spanish property disposal 237 7
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 530 5
- Sainsbury's mangement 819
- Avanti Accounts 672
- Have I done the right thing? 645
- Calling franchise accountants 629
- Continuity Agreement 625
- Consolidated accounting software (or cloud based) 482
- Sage One Reports - do they add up? 356
- Scammers 320
- Advice please! 227
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 211