Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Do accountants work at home? 357 8
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 393 8
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 837 15
- I used to think HMRC contact lines couldnt get any worse................ 80 1
- Rogue Accountant 3,833 58
- Where has Portia gone? 5,941 120
- How to introduce funds in to a Limited by guarantee company 41 1
- ER Relief 86 2
- 'Workers' for AE purposes 91 1
- Payroll question 240 3
- Share buyback, possible embezzlement 266 5
- Where did you buy your Fujitsu ScanSnap ix500? 91 3
- Can a trust benefit from PPR 710 6
- VAT Registration 213 1
- How do you do it 426 1
- Help 502 14
- Payments on account 331 6
- What are other accountants having for lunch? 792 21
- Do you need to account for a director loan separate from the current account 124 1
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 323 1