Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 207 3
- Self-assessment statistics 2,479 59
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 247 5
- Transmission of ISA 81 2
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 207 2
- Next Move 721 20
- Not renewing AAT 680 9
- CGT of shares gifted 385 6
- New dividend taxation 520 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,805 51
- Co purchase printed materials from EU - VAT 177 1
- Company car v company allowance 305 1
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 439 9
- Company formation and bank account 453 9
- Owning overseas property 367 2
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 294 1
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 297 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 713 8
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 752 9
- Importing Sage Data and Year End 300 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 671
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 410
- Property letting & CAs 402
- 2015 tax year end 398
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 397
- FCA regulated company in a small group 348
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 324
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 242
- Costly Accounting Software contract 224
- DTA tie-breaker issue 213