Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Is Hold over relief available? 9 1
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 405 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 314 8
- can I claim a per diem 123 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 214 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 320 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 773 17
- Dispensation pointless ? 438 10
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 469 11
- SME Direct Debit 724 12
- Aweb Fantasy Practice 1,047 18
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 160 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 724 9
- Is anyone a member of National Accountancy Network? 314 6
- r&d payable tax credits 71 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 450 3
- CIS gross status review 190 2
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 165 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,144 26
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 402 10
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 800
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 494
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 308
- How to format a stock book 275
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 216
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 205
- Investment property company accounts template 200
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 178
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 172