Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Start up allowance? 433 13
- ACCA - still making me laugh 135 1
- Old CGT loss 314 9
- New Starter Checklist 272 9
- Meal Allowance - Limited Company 422 7
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 770 22
- Goodwill complications 331 7
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 551 21
- TaxCalc Accounts production 236 3
- HMRC Distraint 232 2
- Holding Company - Ltd or PLC? 199 2
- Will I need to resign? 670 9
- What are the implications for a UK company director resident in Canada 125 3
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 374 8
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 443 7
- Which operating version would be better to upgrade to..Windows V7 or V8? 1,043 16
- How to explain this to someone 248 1
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,423 20
- UK Pension Income For Non-Residents 148 5
- Should Nominal Ledger be given to new accountant 650 15