Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 716 15
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,341 28
- Dividend dates 456 8
- R&D tax credit claim 193 5
- PITA client 103 2
- CIS Deductions 261 3
- Estate agent and VAT registration 54 1
- is this fraud? 745 13
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,266 32
- Married woman dies owning marital home 470 5
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,477 28
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 199 5
- Not a good start no broadband 467 10
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 162 2
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 208 2
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 85 1
- Intrastat triangulation 69 1
- CGT 152 3
- Supplier refund treatment in Sage Line 50 193 4
- Question regarding gym training 391 6
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 591
- Cancelled 343
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 330
- Cancelled 281
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 252
- Probiz 238
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 177
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 174
- Car leasing scheme 168
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 151