Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 579 5
- See you all on the other side 668 6
- 12Pay 429 2
- dividends 568 2
- R&D 302 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,158 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 430 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 388 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 356 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 534 5
- Seeking a tax case 627 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 488 4
- Companies house strike off 510 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 407 2
- Moving to the cloud 729 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 209 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 883 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 201 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,085 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 481 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 555
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 417
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 366
- IRIS and FRS 102 352
- Capitalising Finance Lease 318
- USA help 313
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 292
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 285
- Marginal rates of tax 263
- Capital gains on rental property 259