Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 129 2
- ATT Exam tips and study help 58 2
- Reversal of Warranty Provision 249 9
- Can a company act like a charity, without being a registered charity? 222 5
- Do you get your clients to sign their EOY EPS submission? 962 12
- Client's company struck off 1,709 21
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 67 1
- Refurbised Pub 133 4
- Amend this years FPS's - any HMRC penalties? 153 4
- Quote for client 134 3
- Directors obligation to notify 368 6
- Tax relief in respect of rental property/withdrawing of capital 63 2
- ATED on a hotel that isn't in use? 88 1
- Tax and children 304 2
- Moneysoft update problem 241 4
- HMRC stupidity of the day 550 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 798 7
- QROP pension input amounts 530 1
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 498 14
- Are agent account managers any good? 262 3
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 510
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 452
- EPS and CIS deductions 318
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 301
- Construction CIS LLP Company 293
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 272
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 217
- SAGE winforecast 212
- Overdrawn director account 199
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 199