Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 220 8
- Can I use the approved mileage rates in a Limited Company? 34 1
- Gross Profit Percentage 398 9
- Medical benefit on low paid wife of director? 66 3
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 207 5
- How to deal with a prior year CT adjustment 223 6
- Companies House 312 5
- Self employment trap - pension 418 5
- Awkward IP 682 10
- Prepare for Chaos 462 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,711 69
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 203 3
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,673 29
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 605 14
- Payroll Operation post Trading Cessation 110 1
- When does my Property business start 308 5
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 912 20
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 240 10
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 180 1
- How to Value a Business 501 9
- CTA study material 609
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 372
- Employment related securities question 230
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 202
- ATED Penalties 197
- AIM Stocks and IHT 179
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 140
- Expat pension contributions? 135
- Trust for Employee 128
- Staff accommodation without a rental value or RV 121