Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Time to ditch Sage? 258 4
- Fees 282 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 246 3
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 391 14
- HMRC Post 531 7
- Transactions with directors 446 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 286 9
- Non VAT invoices 200 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 201 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,390 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 256 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 227 2
- Form 17 Download 155 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 561 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 383 4
- HMRC Information notice 994 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 280 3
- Accountant Specialization. 398 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,786 42
- Sage Line 50 184 3
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 764
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 210
- IP trans to holding company 195
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178