Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Self Help Accountancy Book for Client 152 3
- VAT registration on digital services supplied outside UK within EU 90 6
- Late RTI filing re SMP 93 2
- Additional information attached to accounts 182 2
- CIS Software 113 1
- Company assets 361 16
- Can anyone recommend a fax send/receive service which I can use via email? 219 6
- MoneySoft 166 2
- Best way to advise a limited company client 68 1
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 661 10
- Payroll cessation and missing overtime 144 2
- Self assessment 147 1
- Claiming VAT 127 2
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 1,120 15
- VAT on Acquisitions and Exempt Supplier 176 4
- Corporation tax on gains from one company to another 274 10
- HMRC website & Adobe Reader 270 5
- Basis period (2nd yr) for a partnership, please any suggestions would be really helpful 154 1
- Auto-enrolment - fact or fiction? 511 9
- Director resignation 741 21
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 503
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 478
- Is there anything wrong with this? 278
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 266
- Uncommercial property business 241
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 204
- Registering online CWF1 183
- Zoho software in small accounting and bookkeeping practice 180
- Accrued income scheme 179
- VAT - registration needed? 178