Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Pension Contributions Relief 414 13
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 185 6
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,419 423
- PRR 42 1
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 26 1
- References for clients 126 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 997 49
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 101 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 43 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 301 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 78 5
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 277 1
- corp tax software 294 5
- Opening start-up business bank accounts 194 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 161 2
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 562 24
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 350 16
- Is this fraud? 561 12
- Likely interaction of new Onshore Employment Intermediaries Act with IR35 ? 99 1
- Furnished lettings criteria 285 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,291
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 458
- National Insurance 354
- Non Resident 273
- Franchise income and costs 247
- Hands on experience of Digita 206
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 162
- Employer's Helpline 154
- employment capital allowances 147
- CIS paid under reg 9 133