Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- Travel costs and contractors 254 3
- vat help for catering concession 130 3
- Employee works in UK paid by Denmark and uses company car from another business 20 1
- RTI and Directors' salaries 136 2
- Is there capital gains tax for selling a church? 187 3
- Importers 101 1
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 267 4
- Tax free threshold on person receiving gifts 240 4
- dfgd fget 88 1
- More AE! 220 6
- New business - journal entries 607 27
- US Citizen but never resident in US 211 4
- LLP Tax Allocation Prior Year Amendment 59 1
- aia 117 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 444 10
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 454 16
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 244 5
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 259 7
- Merger of Two companies 561 20
- Merging 515 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 990
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 743
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 431
- Digita Hosted Software 248
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 246
- Social investment tax relief 243
- Call Centre Data Costs 227
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 182
- Are any of you agents for doctors? 147
- Petrol station franchise and VAT 137