Winding up of a company - guidance please!
I have just prepared Ltd company accounts for a company with a 31/10/11 y/end.
The company ceased to trade in October 2011 (disclosed in the Directors Report in y/e 2011 accounts) and now the director wants to wind up asap.
At 1 Nov 2011 - the company balance sheet includes
Debtors - approx £500
Cash at bank - approx £19k
Creditors - £1,400
Share Cap - £100
P&L Account - £18k
Having never wound up a company before (last time would have been a theoretical at college +10 years ago) - my queries are:
Can I now prepare a set of cessation accounts for say - 6 months to end of April 2012?
The net assets - which will be cash (as debtors/creditors have been paid/received since year end) - this can be paid to Director and is treated as a dividend in cessation accounts?
Silly question - but what about accounting entries for the share capital? Ie should the final set of accounts have a nil balance sheet?
Do I need to inform HMR&C or can I just submit final set of accounts and CT600?
I have read guidance on Companies House website and it appears the requirement is to complete form DS01 - do I need to file the final cessation accounts with Companies House or will a successful striking off application remove this requirement?
Many thanks and apologies in advance for the stupid questions - I am a sole trader with <10 clients so this is an unusual circumstance!
- BVI registered 151 3
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 1,335 23
- Closing a limited company 375 6
- Self assessment for directors 147 2
- Capital allowances on transfer of business 272 10
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,606 17
- A little knowledge 368 6
- Digita in the cloud 160 2
- Tax relief when working away 81 1
- Anybody still doing returns? 967 36
- Tax relief when working away 184 3
- Designated sole Residence 248 5
- Scratch Head 348 1
- Year end 270 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 324 13
- Clothing 640 19
- Investment properties/freehold land 173 6
- Parent and subsidiary... 204 5
- Identity check problem 1,522 14
- No tax returns for 6 year 269 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 965
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 688
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 632
- Latest phishing scam 612
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 451
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 333
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 267
- Still Christmas at HMRC? 229
- Sabbatical payments 227
- Negligible Value Claim 207