Withdrawal of Lending Facility
I have a catering business which has suffered from a 12% drop in GP from the previous year.
I was seeing a GP of 73% the previous year, but this year I show only 61%
Net profit for the previous year showed £61k, this year its showing as only £7k!!!!!!
The reasons behind the reduction are unclear, however I did lose £3.5k worth of frozen stock due to the freezer failing while I was closed. Insurance has paid out but this still does not change the GP percentage.
Also, one member of staff has been caught not entering sales into the till. I do not know how long this has been happening but the member of staff involved was with me for over 3 years, no reduction in GP has been noted until this last period.
My concern is that I have to provide my lending bank with annual accounts. One of the terms they put down when I borrowed the money for the business.
I am worried that they may withdraw the lending facility with the sudden drop in the GP and net profit.
Am I worrying too much or shall I start looking for a job!
Thanks for your help.
- Dispensation pointless ? 504 14
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 226 8
- Snotty HMRC letter - continued 782 19
- Flat rate vat error 275 6
- can I claim a per diem 207 4
- Underpaid taxes included in tax code connundrum 132 3
- Linux Accounting Software 548 13
- RTI due -no broadband 110 1
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 465 12
- Shareholders selling shares to shareholders, how to account for it? 75 1
- Is Hold over relief available? 101 4
- HMRC corporation tax software - how to enter negative expense 255 7
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 873 10
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,198 27
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 461 14
- Running Cost of Private Car more than 45p per mile?? 388 8
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 226 5
- Ltd co client preparing own self assessment tax returns 421 8
- Business Christmas Greetings 866 17
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 496 11
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 815
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 497
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 314
- How to format a stock book 279
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 223
- Tax efficient holding company structure 217
- Investment property company accounts template 212
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 207
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 179
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 176