Withdrawal of Lending Facility
I have a catering business which has suffered from a 12% drop in GP from the previous year.
I was seeing a GP of 73% the previous year, but this year I show only 61%
Net profit for the previous year showed £61k, this year its showing as only £7k!!!!!!
The reasons behind the reduction are unclear, however I did lose £3.5k worth of frozen stock due to the freezer failing while I was closed. Insurance has paid out but this still does not change the GP percentage.
Also, one member of staff has been caught not entering sales into the till. I do not know how long this has been happening but the member of staff involved was with me for over 3 years, no reduction in GP has been noted until this last period.
My concern is that I have to provide my lending bank with annual accounts. One of the terms they put down when I borrowed the money for the business.
I am worried that they may withdraw the lending facility with the sudden drop in the GP and net profit.
Am I worrying too much or shall I start looking for a job!
Thanks for your help.
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 720 10
- Checking a contract 281 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 296 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 214 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 148 7
- VAT on garage rent 314 14
- Value-shifting 53 1
- Pattern for CTA 201 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 439 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 77 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 200 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 227 5
- EBT 173 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 163 8
- Giving a seminar 523 28
- Joint Filing Help 103 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,230 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 252 2
- Writing off bad debts 181 4
- Added years superannuation 59 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,202
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 600
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 404
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 310
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 191
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 180
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 160
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 158