Work in progress for barrister company-UITF40
For a limited company with 2 barristers taking minimal salaries and with little other overheads should recognition of profit be included in the accounts? As example say they work on a case straddling the year end that generates £10,000 after the year end and before the accounts are drawn up. Our query relates to the WIP.
BIM 74150 says "This will include valuing debtors, files completed but not yet billed, and work in progress."
Any help would be greatfully appreciated!
- Xerocon 2016 969 22
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 174 5
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,170 40
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 194 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 566 12
- Personal Tax 459 11
- USA Tax Query 126 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,650 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 932 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 236 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 586 18
- Corrupt Excel File 671 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 341 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,962 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 287 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 388 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 146 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 278 4
- last minute request 485 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,250 46