Working papers for VAT retail margin scheme
I have today picked up a new client and now hope for a smooth changeover.
The client writes up expenses and splits these between SR, ZR and 5% purchases, and exempt purchases. They then maintain a spreadsheet of total income each day - no EPOS system so they don't analyse the sales type.
I would have thought that the current accountant prepares the VAT returns - I assume - by adding up client's excel sheets and apportioning income based on the split of VATable expenses.
Is the current firm REQUIRED to pass over VAT workings if I ask for them or, as I fear, are they wps belonging to the firm?
- P11d query 268 5
- Rental expenses 53 1
- Intercompany Payroll Journals 132 5
- What are my legal responsibilities 346 14
- Business lending another business money (UK) 85 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 336 4
- No more tax returns... 1,540 13
- How much state pension will client lose out if drops salary 420 6
- Signed accounts for bank 286 7
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 476 10
- Landing clients 420 15
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,153 22
- Termination Payment 207 5
- dividend date - whose income is it? 213 3
- CRM / marketing 109 2
- Allocation of income from property 758 26
- Stand alone practice management software 1,885 28
- Opening a Quick books file 139 1
- 64-8 problems 522 8
- Guaranteed rents - which is the turnover? 350 10