Working papers for VAT retail margin scheme
I have today picked up a new client and now hope for a smooth changeover.
The client writes up expenses and splits these between SR, ZR and 5% purchases, and exempt purchases. They then maintain a spreadsheet of total income each day - no EPOS system so they don't analyse the sales type.
I would have thought that the current accountant prepares the VAT returns - I assume - by adding up client's excel sheets and apportioning income based on the split of VATable expenses.
Is the current firm REQUIRED to pass over VAT workings if I ask for them or, as I fear, are they wps belonging to the firm?
- Disengagement Help! 1,421 22
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 222 11
- Overseas workday relief 61 2
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,079 43
- Is it possible to link documents into transactions in Sage? 90 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 700 11
- Change PAYE agent address 181 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 128 4
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 63 1
- Claiming for breach of contract 228 4
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 158 2
- AccountingWEB survey 354 4
- An IT question 354 8
- Maintenance company for buy to let 122 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,114 38
- Accounting for stolen van? 225 3
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,159 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 159 1
- self employed losses 182 1
- Unpaid fees 487 9