Working with the right people
In my experience, clients are broken down into the following -
40% - Absolute pleasure to work with - value the relationship, give records timely, pay bills promptly, take their responsibilities seriously, are always polite and respectful to you and all staff
40% - Good to work with, sometimes unrelable with meetings, busy lives so don't always give things the attention they should, but good loyal clients and valued.
15% - Borderline clients - often late and disorganised but good people, value the relationship and refer and accepted because of this.
5% - An abolsutele bloody nightmare, always late, impolite, slow payers, listen to mate down the pub, cost conscious, bill quiblers, timestealers, no respect. Should be weeded out at all costs as they drag you and staff down.
How does this compare for you?
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,184 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 207 6
- Xerocon 2016 1,001 23
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 214 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 577 12
- Personal Tax 476 11
- USA Tax Query 147 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,656 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 939 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 263 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 594 18
- Corrupt Excel File 673 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 345 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,973 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 398 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 160 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 308 4
- last minute request 497 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,252 46