Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 218 8
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 210 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 649 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 205 4
- Year end 121 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 550 21
- How would you account for warranty? 135 4
- LLP - Member leaving 112 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 388 22
- Sweet Tooth 157 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,029 13
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 169 2
- trading or dormant 107 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 103 1
- tax credits 126 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 566 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 266 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 112 1
- Foreign income for self employed 129 1
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 99 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 867
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 515
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 328
- How to format a stock book 306
- Tax efficient holding company structure 243
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 237
- Investment property company accounts template 224
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 218
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 189
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 161