Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- VAT registration for self employed dentist??? 16 1
- App recommended by HMRC for record keeping 1,173 11
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 146 8
- Use of home for storage 177 4
- Negativer Payslip Request 83 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,700 328
- Anyone out there with charity accounts experience 197 10
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 170 7
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 437 12
- Mortgage deposit Gift 325 16
- Amending Share Capital 162 6
- Family loan 973 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 97 4
- FIFA game and making money 1,035 10
- Loan to a related company 325 14
- Being Tax relevant 530 7
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 977 4
- What should I do for 'free' 441 5
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 505 7
- Payroll provider 327 6
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,162
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 386
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 303
- National Insurance 293
- Payments on account coded out?? 257
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 249
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 227
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 219
- Non Resident 203
- Franchise income and costs 190