Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Value pricing 2,061 90
- CVA guidance 71 1
- LLP members share of profits 356 20
- SDLT on land 99 4
- Payroll Charging too much Tax? 205 2
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 112 2
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 214 3
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,972 20
- Accountancy software for an imac 151 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 551 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 409 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 453 7
- March RTI Submission 134 1
- VT accounts licence key 539 9
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 83 1
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 109 1
- VAT Option to tax 249 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 101 2
- Current tax asset 137 2
- Grants 191 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 880
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 614
- Free Tax Legislation? 362
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 354
- Director Loan account operation 353
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 299
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 283
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 272
- Paye procedures for CVA 203