Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- EIS reinvestment relief 40 1
- Knuckle down one week to go! 1,130 23
- Advice on letting a client go ? 236 5
- Receipt bank 59 2
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 70 3
- Unbelievable!! 193 2
- Urgent question on company accounting period before it become dormant 73 2
- ITTOIA 2005 s629 91 4
- Do we have to register for VAT? 138 4
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,608 88
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 235 3
- Paying 31 January 2015 income tax by instalments 1,325 19
- Paperless practices - do you keep any paper records? 804 24
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 274 4
- Non resident income. 296 15
- Use of home deduction 651 21
- How to pay? 145 6
- Are you qualified and wanting to work flexible hours from home? 146 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 139 3
- White van man 740 25
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 861
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 553
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 521
- Latest phishing scam 418
- Entrepreneurs' relief 386
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 344
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 324
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 310
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 221
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 199