Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Undeclared rental income 1,611 17
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,811 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,110 12
- Lorry Drivers 323 5
- Cash basis 162 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 214 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,416 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 99 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 265 3
- PRR 573 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 199 2
- Partially exempt? 309 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 249 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 544 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 117 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 242 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 211 4
- Money laundering POCA 384 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 107 1
- Offering Cash Prizes to University Students 200 3
- Skandia using wrong address 525
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 286
- Employee rewards 277
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 246
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 241
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139