Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 401 15
- Losses carry forward to self employed 14 1
- Time to ditch Sage? 263 4
- Fees 288 3
- Agent Authorisation Issue 248 3
- HMRC Post 532 7
- Transactions with directors 447 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 286 9
- Non VAT invoices 206 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 203 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,395 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 256 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 227 2
- Form 17 Download 158 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 561 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 384 4
- HMRC Information notice 994 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 282 3
- Accountant Specialization. 398 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,787 42
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 764
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 414
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 365
- Electric Car 299
- S222 Charge 245
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 210
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 185
- AIA 180
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 178