Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 128 6
- Profit accruing in fiduciary or representative capacity 109 2
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 462 8
- R&D tax claim 221 6
- Gift to employee 359 12
- Tax Allowance on University Course 87 1
- Transfer of a business 103 1
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 1,109 22
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 402 8
- VAT Cross Border Invoicing 105 2
- Sage Import Data 296 6
- Slight twist on employment related securities 238 1
- Child and Working Tax Credits and sudden increase in investment income - does this trigger a claw back? 99 2
- Best time software for small practice? 210 2
- Residents Association Corp Tax 312 13
- private to company car? 362 9
- Which address 1,007 11
- Do I charge VAT for event I held in Paris 261 5
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 956 15
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 270 6
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 472
- CTA study material 453
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 328
- Pre incorp expenses 306
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 261
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 249
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 202
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 152
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR1) 136
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 130