Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Merger of Two companies 169 10
- Form 17 Joint tenancy v tenants in common 105 3
- Merging 295 4
- Merger of Two companies 376 16
- Why should I retain membership? 3,278 54
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 871 21
- CIC Dividend Cap 273 9
- Setting up direct debit on Clients bank accounts to collect monthly payments 197 8
- Unemployed Accounting Graduate - Need Advice - Small Firms 637 20
- NEGLIGIBLE VALUE CLAIMS 180 4
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 1,794 24
- New business - journal entries 547 24
- IFA incorporation problems 291 4
- Coding Notice 319 7
- Auto renewed contract, is this legal/enforceable?? 296 2
- PPR/CGT/Part-Disposal/Land 175 5
- nic class 1 on expenses mechanics 132 3
- IR35 Low, medium or high risk 199 1
- Wear and tear allowance 1,512 13
- Residency test 252 5
- Auto enrolment excuses 958
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 739
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 426
- Excuses, excuses!!! 306
- Digita Hosted Software 235
- Social investment tax relief 235
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) pension module 229
- Call Centre Data Costs 219
- How could I be identified for VAT purposes in UK? 199
- Travel costs and contractors 199