Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 82 1
- Hmrc software 185 3
- Mehjoo 246 1
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 179 2
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 79 1
- SA302 252 4
- Hosted email exchange 166 5
- South African Government Pension 175 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 150 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 254 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 291 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 232 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 141 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 271 7
- New Email Extensions 179 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 302 2
- Dental practice incorpration 145 1
- Audit rules 174 4
- Go Cardless 300 8
- business entertaining deductibility 172 1
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 342
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 288
- Industrial & Provident Societies 281
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 224
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 161
- CIS schemes 159
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 148
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 137