Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Goodie bag 112 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 187 5
- Husband Wife let property 137 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 439 8
- Career in Practice 117 2
- Relevant life plan 340 8
- Limited Company expenses 374 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 192 6
- Telemarketing 160 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 149 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 137 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 180 3
- how to value rental space 101 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 326 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 69 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 463 5
- Output tax for retailer 262 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 449 11
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,932 32
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 96 1
- Possible Partnership? 601
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 500
- New Fangled Penalties 408
- Clubs and Taxable Income 330
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 297
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 251
- Loans to other companies 243
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 211
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 206
- Outsource Data Entry 205