Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 37 1
- UK resident receiving USA pension 13 1
- signature required 312 12
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 132 6
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 115 3
- EU eservices VAT change imminent 442 9
- Sage payroll alternatives 743 13
- More AE! 742 17
- Web sites 205 3
- Homing sandwiches 278 7
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 579 13
- Dispensation 156 3
- Is laminated flooring an improvement on carpets? 486 14
- South African family trust and UK resident beneficiary 94 3
- Seting up a Direct Debit for PAYE 296 3
- Late Filing and Late Registration Penalty 255 3
- Capitalising purchased software 120 2
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 280 2
- Recharge for private use of a company car 570 17
- how to object to registered company name... 358 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,225
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 809
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 508
- Digita Hosted Software 328
- Credit where credit's due....... 303
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 234
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 182
- TheTax Donut 169
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 154
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 149