Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,180 42
- Group Audit Thresholds 301 8
- Legal title not in the company name 682 21
- inheritance tax 252 8
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 158 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 276 7
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 98 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 136 2
- Deduction from Salary 554 13
- Sole properietor 382 7
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,453 12
- Pay in Lieu of notice 247 6
- Doctor and Locum Work 213 3
- Farm barn lettings 189 3
- Capital payments offshore trust 84 1
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 120 1
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 148 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 211 1
- State pension 213 1
- NALS Accountants Report 313 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 637
- Cancelled 384
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 352
- Cancelled 332
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 303
- Probiz 296
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 268
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 253
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 219
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 196