Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Limited company built a property and the client has made this messy 244 7
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 531 9
- Transferring rental property to limited company 464 14
- Are there Sage Instant Accounts Plus report which give breakdowns of the debtors and creditors control account balances by invoice for each currency? 85 3
- Time recording 132 3
- HMRC Funding for Employee PAYE refund 257 4
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 126 2
- Land Registry 268 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 966 13
- Auto Enrolment 670 4
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 804 19
- Company Number 10000000 389 4
- Advertising Tips? 314 7
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,517 29
- IR35 368 5
- Exclusion of single director companies from the Employment Allowance in 2016/17 423 12
- Revenue phishing examples 251 1
- iris update 11.9.2 221 2
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 452 13
- 2015 tax year end 546 1
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 733
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 434
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 374
- Costly Accounting Software contract 368
- Directors' advances and credits 285
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 260
- DTA tie-breaker issue 251
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 235
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 210
- CGT for NOn UK residents 195