Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- Cash extraction pre-sale 180 5
- Accountex flash mob 490 16
- VAT claim on exempt supply 291 11
- Career advice for ex HMRC Inspector 798 18
- Group structure - transfer of shares 119 5
- Child benefit 320 9
- £3750 earned in Dubai - where on the income tax return??? 76 3
- Tax on selling a sole trader business 296 10
- IR 35 205 5
- Share disposal - help please 98 1
- New desktop accounting and payroll, help, please 339 11
- Final accounts - procedure 331 6
- NIC question 101 1
- sole trader to ltd company 270 3
- Moneysoft Payroll Manager Connection Problem 159 2
- What to do about Moneylaundering Photo ID when client has no official Photo ID 863 7
- Tax Adviser qualification/courses 161 1
- Issues involved in an Asset Transfer from a Sports Club to a Charity? 123 1
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 134 1
- IT systems + software 115 2
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 654
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 408
- Pensions Regulator 380
- RTI - duplicate employee record 341
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 328
- SA penalty proposals 305
- Using the correct forms 301
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 296
- Er... 208
- Sage Vat return box 2 202