Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 402 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 65 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 101 2
- What does it mean?? 347 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 286 13
- VAT on motor expenses 894 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 70 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,706 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,306 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 101 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 140 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 164 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 201 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 160 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 745 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 392 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 210 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 333 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 116 2
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 97 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 472
- NOVA 329
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 236
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 222
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Management expenses for investment company 208
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 205
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 194