Working Tax Credits changes from April
In Prime Minister's Questions, the PM stated, in regards to hourly requirement for WTC going up from 16 to 24, "...it is only right to say to couples that between them they should work 24 hours - THAT IS, 12 HOURS EACH. If that is the case, and they do that, they will be better off."
HMRC guidance say that "From 6 April 2012, the rules for couples with at least one child are changing. In most cases, to qualify for Working Tax Credit your joint working hours will need to be at least 24 a week.
This will mean:
if you both work your joint weekly hours must be at least 24, WITH ONE OF YOU WORKING AT LEAST 16 HOURS A WEEK
if only one of you works, that person must be working at least 24 hours a week
If neither of these apply, your Working Tax Credit will stop from 6 April 2012."
So if the PM gets it wrong (in PMQ, no less) what's expected from the plebs?
I wonder if there'll be appeal rights for a couple both on 12 hours with tax credits stopping, by quoting the PM.
- The stupidity continues 1,504 74
- looking for a practice consultant 207 3
- RE assets introduced and rent 108 2
- Clearbooks - creating a HP Account 99 3
- Two trades one individual - Vat registration? 328 3
- How to claim subsistence for working away from home 211 4
- Withdrawing company car 125 1
- AML report needed? 199 7
- Bank request To verify Accounts 265 6
- transactions after account have been closed 327 10
- VAT on work on residential premises (empty for 2 years prior) 105 1
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 398 9
- Marketing and email surprises 463 9
- If you've had any issues posting: Please read this 772 26
- What is IRIS World like? 423 10
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 336 5
- Mlom bollocks 286 4
- VT Transactions Stock Issues 127 2
- Non-Europe based but want to do UK taxes 161 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 604 11
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 449
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 448
- WIP Software 310
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 296
- No payroll scheme in place 246
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 244
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 219
- Is there anything wrong with this? 214
- Small Part Disposal of Property 204
- Uncommercial property business 193