Would this constitute a directors loan?
I am currently working on the accounts of a LTD company, 1 shareholder / director.
He has used the bank account of this LTD company to pay for invoices for another company, in which he has a 50% share. The other 50% is just held by his business partner.
He has also used the bank account as his own piggy bank - and I know what I need to do as far as that is concerned - CT600A etc - BUT what I am confused with - ARE the amounts that the company has paid for, on behalf of the other company in which he has a 50% share - will this be part of his directors loan account, or is it simply a trade debtor?
Any help would be great - most info Ive looked at is informative, but just stresses the more obvious points !
- VAT flat rate scheme 168 3
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 246 8
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 230 4
- Client information from previous accountant 67 1
- Closing down - who should buy whom? 86 2
- How long do legal aid take to pay? 72 1
- Two questions re client meetings and TR Fees 359 5
- Personal Pension Withdrawal 218 2
- Liability account to deal with loans from owner 129 5
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,656 31
- PAYE NI 107 2
- quote for winding down two companies and file accounts 111 1
- SA302s - Lenders to accept non hmrc copies 820 14
- How much to charge? 701 10
- break even point 1,006 30
- Trustee in Bankruptcy 176 5
- Accomodation and travel 205 1
- Unpaid Fee's 352 6
- Issue with a software supplier 237 4
- Is there a requirement to clearly state the amount of a bill? 312 5
- Possible Partnership? 511
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 493
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 468
- New Fangled Penalties 309
- Clubs and Taxable Income 260
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 257
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 251
- Loans to other companies 193
- Tasbook email configuration 184
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 168