Would this constitute a directors loan?
I am currently working on the accounts of a LTD company, 1 shareholder / director.
He has used the bank account of this LTD company to pay for invoices for another company, in which he has a 50% share. The other 50% is just held by his business partner.
He has also used the bank account as his own piggy bank - and I know what I need to do as far as that is concerned - CT600A etc - BUT what I am confused with - ARE the amounts that the company has paid for, on behalf of the other company in which he has a 50% share - will this be part of his directors loan account, or is it simply a trade debtor?
Any help would be great - most info Ive looked at is informative, but just stresses the more obvious points !
- The stupidity continues 629 23
- transactions after account have been closed 177 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 172 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 536 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 225 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 127 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,340 25
- New Employers Helpline 210 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 224 3
- Software recommendations 277 1
- Share transfer question 380 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 332 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 189 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,458 19
- Overlap relief 759 19
- What is IRIS World like? 369 8
- Pension contributions 384 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 512 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 213 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 289 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 435
- WIP Software 301
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 235
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 233
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 210
- Is there anything wrong with this? 205
- Small Part Disposal of Property 190
- Uncommercial property business 182