Would this constitute a directors loan?
I am currently working on the accounts of a LTD company, 1 shareholder / director.
He has used the bank account of this LTD company to pay for invoices for another company, in which he has a 50% share. The other 50% is just held by his business partner.
He has also used the bank account as his own piggy bank - and I know what I need to do as far as that is concerned - CT600A etc - BUT what I am confused with - ARE the amounts that the company has paid for, on behalf of the other company in which he has a 50% share - will this be part of his directors loan account, or is it simply a trade debtor?
Any help would be great - most info Ive looked at is informative, but just stresses the more obvious points !
- P11D Query 156 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,359 379
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 136 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 131 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 83 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,252 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 488 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 263 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,279 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 115 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 169 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 108 1
- Scottish but not UK 319 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 287 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 95 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 442 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 105 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 299 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 430
- National Insurance 331
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 326
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 244
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152