Would this constitute a directors loan?
I am currently working on the accounts of a LTD company, 1 shareholder / director.
He has used the bank account of this LTD company to pay for invoices for another company, in which he has a 50% share. The other 50% is just held by his business partner.
He has also used the bank account as his own piggy bank - and I know what I need to do as far as that is concerned - CT600A etc - BUT what I am confused with - ARE the amounts that the company has paid for, on behalf of the other company in which he has a 50% share - will this be part of his directors loan account, or is it simply a trade debtor?
Any help would be great - most info Ive looked at is informative, but just stresses the more obvious points !
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 714 13
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 803 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 460 10
- Real time 191 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 376 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 247 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 215 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 202 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 601 15
- When to top-up pensions? 163 2
- Support / ticketing software 328 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 325 3
- Imported goods and VAT 133 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 434 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 589 11
- Stamp Duty 173 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,863 22
- Company Number 10000000 993 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 368 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 234 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 469
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 287
- DTA tie-breaker issue 279
- CGT for NOn UK residents 242
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 219
- Apprenticeship Levy 216
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 209
- Just checking re PSA 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 189
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177