Writing off directors loan
Apologies if this has come up before I tried a search but could not find anything.
Husband and wife shareholders have overdrawn loans of around £7000. One person is also a director. Both were drawing salary and dividends.
Company not trading at the moment so no further funds expected in near future but company being kept active as trading to be resumed at some point.
Can the loans be written off to the P+L and if so how are they categorised on the P+L?
I know there is no CT deduction. Would the loans be treated as dividends in the shareholders hands rather than under paye.
The debit to the P+L would cause the BS to be negative - would this be a problem?
Replies would be greatly appreciated!
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 174 3
- FPS or EPS 33 1
- What do you all do in your spare time? 754 31
- Personal allowance 655 15
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 150 2
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 1,907 16
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 110 2
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 425 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,108 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 294 3
- New client has not reported director's pay by RTI 380 10
- VAT on employee loan 300 5
- Taking over from an on-line accounting firm. Any ideas? 957 18
- Charging VAT on a company loan ?. 160 2
- Accountants website 395 5
- VAT on long lease in comercial property that has opted to Tax 175 5
- So who has completed a 2015 tax return then? 490 8
- Threshold company limited by guarantee. 109 1
- Retrospective VAT Claim 124 1
- Auto Enrolment - Director Only Answer 1,419 20
- Moving away from CCH software 941
- QROP pension input amounts 434
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 376
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 349
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 315
- fraud 274
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 244
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 216
- Construction CIS LLP Company 202
- EPS and CIS deductions 189