Writing off directors loan
Apologies if this has come up before I tried a search but could not find anything.
Husband and wife shareholders have overdrawn loans of around £7000. One person is also a director. Both were drawing salary and dividends.
Company not trading at the moment so no further funds expected in near future but company being kept active as trading to be resumed at some point.
Can the loans be written off to the P+L and if so how are they categorised on the P+L?
I know there is no CT deduction. Would the loans be treated as dividends in the shareholders hands rather than under paye.
The debit to the P+L would cause the BS to be negative - would this be a problem?
Replies would be greatly appreciated!
- Starting up in practice - safety net 231 7
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,153 35
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 350 9
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 111 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 348 11
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 240 4
- Rental property company 114 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 334 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 266 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 387 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 169 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 204 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 151 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 510 5
- Director's tax return 402 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 189 3
- Flat rate vat 250 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 201 5
- Coming in from the cold 404 3
- Splitting the tax year 199 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 823
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 573
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 441
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 321
- Free Tax Legislation? 294
- Director Loan account operation 273
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 263
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 260
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 239
- Paye procedures for CVA 181