Writing off directors loan
Apologies if this has come up before I tried a search but could not find anything.
Husband and wife shareholders have overdrawn loans of around £7000. One person is also a director. Both were drawing salary and dividends.
Company not trading at the moment so no further funds expected in near future but company being kept active as trading to be resumed at some point.
Can the loans be written off to the P+L and if so how are they categorised on the P+L?
I know there is no CT deduction. Would the loans be treated as dividends in the shareholders hands rather than under paye.
The debit to the P+L would cause the BS to be negative - would this be a problem?
Replies would be greatly appreciated!
- Your fondest calculator memories 982 40
- Sale of an investment between group companies 125 5
- Investment property where tenant lives rent free 358 7
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 935 21
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,932 27
- Car maintenance costs deductible against CT 136 5
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 322 13
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 303 1
- Unquoted company valuation multiples 41 1
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 254 6
- private to company car? 297 6
- PAYE Refund Farce At HMRC 865 13
- Question re Career choice... 1,396 9
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 232 7
- Which address 837 10
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 216 6
- You think HMRC are inefficient? 339 6
- What is the reasoning behind HMRC letter re high income child benefit charge? 346 8
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 472 13
- Capital or revenue expense? 191 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 462
- CTA study material 442
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 313
- Pre incorp expenses 292
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 253
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 244
- Slight twist on employment related securities 221
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 206
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 194
- Gift Aid after 5 April, before 31 Jan - Tax Credits 134