Wrong PAYE reference number
Client transferred all employees (2 of them) from Company A to company B on 6th April 2011. Company B paid PAYE and NIC's to HMRC as required for the first three months of tax year 2011/12 (April, May, June) but used Company A's employer reference number. Therefore Company B complied with its obligations but Company A got the credit. The remainder of the payments were done using the correct employer reference number.
How best to handle this? Phone HMRC and try and get them to change it? Or simply file P35's for both companies - get Company B to pay the shortfall and then get repayment to Company A? If or when HMRC issue a penalty for late payment challenge it on the basis of the error above.
Just trying to get out of having to phone HMRC on a Friday afternoon........
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 153 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 190 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,223 35
- Mortgage Reference 539 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 245 7
- Insovent companies 883 19
- New Build 201 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,295 48
- BrightPay quirks 214 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 805 20
- Website Content 172 1
- Personal Tax 629 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 191 1
- USA Tax Query 309 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 440 5
- last minute request 655 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 361 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 396 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,740 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 988 6