Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 750 11
- Gift to employee 178 4
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 328 5
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 84 4
- Growing pains 221 3
- Unfurnished properties allowable replacement expenditure 85 2
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 109 3
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 668 28
- Capital or revenue expense? 42 1
- Capital or revenue expense? 58 1
- VAT on land sale 264 8
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,740 25
- NOMINAL CODES 144 2
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 515 8
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 368 10
- Who can I refer leads to? 425 9
- Can Directors be removed without consequence? 191 3
- Residents Association Corp Tax 134 3
- UK company to be a foreign entity 100 1
- Owner/Director consultant plus employment elsewhere 142 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 439
- CTA study material 398
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 256
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 232
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 224
- Slight twist on employment related securities 201
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 165
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 151