Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Companies House Authentication code 243 10
- Client refusing to change basis period 241 11
- Free accounts system for small business? 416 9
- Looking for free PDF creator 1,458 43
- VAT on converting Commercial property to residential 69 3
- It gets worse ! 388 2
- PCTR for Audit Qualification 97 1
- Building premises bought on 99 year lease 82 1
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 2,003 66
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 183 2
- RBS asking client to switch accountant 479 8
- Payroll Software Recommendations 320 10
- P60 Plain Paper from Sage Payroll 355 15
- saturday staff 416 4
- Sports Club - Option to tax 70 1
- Highlighting a line on cell click 65 4
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 546 12
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 657 15
- Rights of Alphabet shares 358 13
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 272 3
- Xtuple 587
- Qtac payroll for bureau 414
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 357
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 231
- Tax on damages received 211
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 174
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 166
- PTP Software 159
- Accounting for commercial lease with break clause 145
- Software for Belgium Company 142