Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 199 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 191 9
- JIEB Exams 131 1
- RTI 89 1
- Christmas party 104 1
- Am i Liable? 113 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 739 10
- Checking a contract 293 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 311 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 230 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 161 7
- VAT on garage rent 325 14
- Value-shifting 67 1
- Pattern for CTA 208 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 450 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 232 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 242 5
- EBT 179 1
- Giving a seminar 529 28
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,211
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 608
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 407
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 315
- Agent fees to sell business 189
- Alphabet shares 189
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 182
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 176
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 164
- Office recharges 147