Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Finding a Company UTR for a newly formed company 116 1
- Recomendations for a purchase order management book please? 115 1
- Instant CPD offer 279 4
- Cash basis 513 13
- Income from rent charged to business 119 2
- payroll software 364 3
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 435 5
- Statutory sick pay 306 4
- Dividend in specie 367 9
- Complicated Company car purchase 220 2
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 174 3
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 145 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 269 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 294 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 164 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 381 6
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,854 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 332 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 255 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 106 1
- Skandia using wrong address 571
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 306
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 303
- Employee rewards 288
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 250
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 227
- Etax Australian 186
- LLP in Construction Industry 152
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 131
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 130