Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Is the CT61 return dead? 413 6
- Deduction for Flat Rate Scheme VAT 266 3
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 400 4
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 319 4
- CisVerification as an agent 169 2
- Bookkeeping question for Finance Lease payments 355 6
- Mixture of online and offline SA returns 320 6
- Viewing folder contens en masse 395 9
- Transmission of ISA 251 3
- backpack 401 4
- CIS 362 9
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 698 16
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,334 18
- Vat on construction of residential property 1,188 14
- What would you do here, potential insolvency. 492 6
- VAT - Medical Staff 186 2
- Really?! 924 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,420 26
- VAT 701/49 query 252 2
- Sage Line 50 Data conversion 227 3
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 713
- 2015 tax year end 445
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 422
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 361
- Costly Accounting Software contract 324
- Directors' advances and credits 264
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 239
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 226
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 204