Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Is anyone using micro entity accounts 824 13
- Electronic v printed payslips 197 3
- Directors Remuneration 2014/15 and NIC Allowance and Excel Spreadsheet 343 5
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 741 7
- Moving from Moneysoft to another payroll product 174 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,419 50
- Fee protection 1,008 20
- Received a CIS invoice 107 2
- Payroll Software Recommendations 129 3
- PPR Sanity Check 89 1
- saturday staff 191 1
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 469 3
- Employee becoming shareholder - can salary be reduced with compensating dividends? 158 2
- Incorporation and goodwill 191 3
- Can a small company buy a painting as an investment? 304 3
- Industrial & Provident Societies 384 3
- Self assesment losses 379 9
- Disposal of an opted property 213 3
- Payroll systems 460 7
- View on Absolute Accounts Integrated vs PTP vs IRIS 199 3
- Xtuple 573
- Qtac payroll for bureau 396
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 348
- Domain name sale and limited company 245
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 221
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 217
- Tax on damages received 193
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 187
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 156
- Accounts consolidation spreadsheet 150