Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 143 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 175 3
- Xerocon 2016 1,215 35
- Mortgage Reference 529 8
- Rounding errors on CT600 230 7
- Insovent companies 880 19
- New Build 187 1
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,294 48
- BrightPay quirks 201 2
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 804 20
- Website Content 158 1
- Personal Tax 627 12
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 177 1
- USA Tax Query 301 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 436 5
- last minute request 653 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 350 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 387 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,739 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 987 6