Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 46 1
- Regaining my qualification 56 1
- Shareholder agreement 131 3
- Tax code for Companies House fees 111 1
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 188 3
- Company Reorganisation 125 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 626 10
- Employee Loan 164 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 447 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 562 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 106 1
- Wear and tear allowance 444 6
- Accountants' Error 612 12
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 337 6
- Buying accountancy practice 628 10
- Paperless office 1,075 7
- Accountant Error 405 6
- Auto enrolment 146 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 412 5
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 283 3
- Skandia using wrong address 1,443
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 751
- Any views 684
- HMRC Employers Diary 519
- International interest certificate 419
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 380
- Sale of business 343
- NOVA 250
- Advertising services? 243
- IRIS Open Books problem 235