Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 201 9
- Excel query 58 2
- Funding Circle experience 107 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,232 13
- Payment on account penalties 79 3
- Tax on free shares 114 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 184 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 113 1
- Audit 469 14
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 385 8
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 110 3
- Buying a horse?? 397 12
- Question on HMRC past taxes (+penalties) on non-resident 184 2
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 753 21
- PITA ex-client 240 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 247 6
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 357 9
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 323 5
- How to complain about HMRC 1,667 19
- New supplier 159 3
- CTA study material 801
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 491
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 454
- Employment related securities question 318
- AIM Stocks and IHT 306
- Expat pension contributions? 277
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 275
- Trust for Employee 253
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 222
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 158