Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Employed (by own company) and Self Employed - Tax Efficiency 46 1
- 12 Pay Problems 74 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,400 34
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 554 13
- Right to waive dividend 48 1
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,710 29
- One off meeting new client 1,252 11
- PPR CGT section 222 builds an extension 126 2
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 335 9
- PITA client 457 5
- R&D tax credit claim 289 7
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 650 10
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,241 20
- Child tax credits 137 2
- Deaf clients 622 6
- rental income since 2003 120 1
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 420 10
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,287 54
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 104 1
- Estate agent and VAT registration 242 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 615
- Cancelled 358
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 339
- Cancelled 293
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 271
- Probiz 261
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 223
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 207
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 196
- Car leasing scheme 193