Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- P11D Query 156 5
- Any Scottish members out there? 10,358 379
- Investor wants shares. How does that work? 136 6
- Should he transfer the Van into the company ? 131 1
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 83 1
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 1,252 24
- What is the role of an accountant? 488 14
- Why Shoebuy Coupon Shopping Made Easy With These Expert Tips? 263 7
- 100% Xero practice 2,279 42
- More stupid generic notices from HMRC on RTI 115 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 169 6
- VAT registration pre-incorporation- wait for TOGC or treat as sale? 108 1
- Scottish but not UK 319 9
- Pension Contributions Relief 287 10
- A question for the payroll-only bureau's out there 263 1
- Out of Date Returns, CIS and Determination 95 3
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,327 25
- Company Accounts 442 8
- QuickBooks - Separating expenses from purchases 105 2
- Lexis Nexis 3 Month Cancellation Notice 299 7
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,221
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 430
- National Insurance 331
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 326
- Non Resident 254
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 250
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 244
- Franchise income and costs 219
- Tax on interest received from insurance company 154
- Hands on experience of Digita 152