Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 297 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 96 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 188 4
- Rental property company 97 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 277 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 249 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 377 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 142 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 184 2
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 311 5
- Comapny valuation qualifications 143 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 481 5
- Director's tax return 395 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,126 34
- Flat rate vat 230 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 192 5
- Coming in from the cold 384 3
- Splitting the tax year 188 2
- P11d & Medical Ins 224 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 815
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 433
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 266
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 254
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 174