Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Preference shares redeemed at less than par 111 6
- LLP and LTD Co 43 2
- Dissolution of a LLP with ongoing HMRC Inquiry 92 1
- Real names 577 21
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 257 9
- Errors in prior year accounts 76 1
- Director salary from company limited by guarantee 183 6
- CGT on Sale of shop 37 1
- Disincorporation before selling goodwill in the business 212 4
- Any point writing to HMRC to appeal against self assessment penalties ? 123 4
- Dividend payment date 1,906 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,740 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 150 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 153 5
- Director hired as an individual 115 2
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 129 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,295 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 104 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 241 2
- Tax relief on licence costs 135 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 570
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 437
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 338
- IFA incorporation 315
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 303
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 297
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 253
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 241
- Sorry ignore me 239
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 235