Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Inflation and fees 1,253 22
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 735 21
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 64 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 116 1
- Advice please! 363 2
- VAT on new builds 139 3
- incorrect old p60 184 3
- CGT query on investment property sale 107 1
- Related party disclosure 65 1
- Summarise excel cashbook by month 325 6
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,913 28
- Redundancy Pay 441 6
- Entertaining - am I missing something or is my client taking the mickey 708 6
- Sage Priority Support 118 2
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 512 4
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 363 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 146 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 139 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 155 1
- Missing tax return 211 2