Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Tennants in Common - Changing % Share 51 1
- Gift between companies 74 2
- Physiotherapy And Vat 83 2
- Vat reclaim on invoice payable over 4 years 432 6
- Directors loan - no longer a director 223 2
- Why .... 666 8
- Does anyone know how to deal with crowd funding income 902 9
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 527 12
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 419 5
- PPR for non-residents after 05 Apr 2015 266 6
- Relevant life plan 292 7
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 145 2
- Business Transfer Father to Son 106 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 448 7
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 328 7
- Jointly owned property 298 6
- Interim Accountants through Ltd co basis 177 1
- Going to miss CT filing deadline 180 2
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 289 4
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 177 4
- Possible Partnership? 586
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 495
- New Fangled Penalties 396
- Clubs and Taxable Income 320
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 291
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 245
- Loans to other companies 239
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 207
- Outsource Data Entry 197
- Moving away from CCH software 194