Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Company dividends 378 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 45 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 39 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 161 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 512 21
- Software 314 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 387 6
- SA late payment penalty 168 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 285 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 89 1
- Copy Wanted 641 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 94 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 102 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 108 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,414 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 257 5
- When is golf coaching a vatable supply? 165 2
- Comany ceasing to trade 154 2
- French resident, split year & UK close company dividends 118 1
- Closing a limited company 214 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 852
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 541
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 512
- Latest phishing scam 397
- Entrepreneurs' relief 372
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 330
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 313
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 299
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 211
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190