Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Using home as clients registered address 226 5
- VAT MOSS registration 96 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 467 15
- How much does the company pay 816 35
- Which tax returns can I submit? 162 4
- Cocaine anyone? 886 14
- HMRC property income enquiry 450 10
- Proof of identification 124 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 151 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 123 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 307 5
- Childcare vouchers 369 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 98 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 91 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 87 1
- two business from one premises 191 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 68 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 251 4
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 374 4
- Merry Christmas 153 2
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 509
- corporate hierarchy 479
- Advice - 330
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 279
- WWOOFers 267
- The booking.com con 252
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 251
- Cocaine anyone? 235
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 228
- UK State pension paid in NZ 178