Your Claim for tax credits will end from April 2012 unless you contact us
I have a few cilents who have been getting tax credits, and are contacting me in a panic to ask what the HMRC knows about thier income that they don't know!
The first line of the letter starts:
This is because:
- Your household inocme is too high to get a payment of tax credits now or
- Changes taking effect from April mean that your household income will be too high based on the information we hold to get a payment of tax credits.
I have one client, would need the joint income to go up by 62% from the amount HMRC was given for 2010/11 before the entitlement will cease completely.
What is going on?
Anyone any ideas? Are HMRC no longer going to wait until 31 July to get the information anymore?
- Spousal transfer and PPR 626 25
- Thoughts on revenue recognition 528 16
- recompense capital input 123 5
- help guys! self employed or still company income? 72 2
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 716 19
- Exports/Dispatches - non VAT registered 88 1
- Deferred Tax Asset & Liability 409 12
- Where has Portia gone? 2,210 68
- Financial Advisor / Mortgage brokering 112 1
- Associated disposals - Entrepreneur's relief 179 3
- unmarried couple, two houses, one rental - CGT? 207 7
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 217 5
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 977 22
- What shall I reduce payments on account to? 184 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 244 5
- Merging my businesses 223 3
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 483 8
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 374 9
- Sage Vat return box 2 334 1
- Holiday entitlement 592 11
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 795
- RTI - duplicate employee record 561
- Pensions Regulator 451
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 413
- Portia ... Where art thou 324
- Sanzar 315
- How do you do it 300
- Digital marketing focus group 298
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 273
- new investor structure 183