QuickBooks "accountants copy" extract
Apologies if this is a stupid question to all you QuickBooks experts - I barely know the package, being more of a Sage person! In any case, this is payback for all the questions I have answered in the past!
Client has QuickBooks 2008. When at the client's premises, I first took a "normal backup" of the data and then an "accountants copy" extract. Since I didn't really know which one I required, I thought I'd take both to be on the safe side.
However, unknown to me, taking the accountants copy locks the client from reconciling the bank any further until the accountants adjustments have been restored.
I see we have QuickBooks 2006 and 2010 in the office and have been able to restore the backed up data and extract the bookkeeping reports required. However, I'm reluctant to do any accountants adjustments on QuickBooks 2010 (using this accountants copy extract thingy) and then try and restore it on my client's QuickBook 2008 (if indeed that is possibly), just in case it screws the whole thing up.
Is there some function within my client's QuickBooks 2008 that can simply switch off the flag that the accountant's copy extract was taken and then she can go back to reconciling her bank account. As far as opening balances are concerned, I'd rather just pop over there, sit in front of the company and enter them there and then, rather than do it in any more sophisticated way than that.
Thanks in advance.
- jury service 175 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 191 7
- Checking a contract 75 3
- Pattern for CTA 46 1
- VAT on garage rent 219 12
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 132 5
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 119 3
- which software to use? 144 1
- Related Parties Note 963 12
- Tasks for new trainees 279 7
- Giving a seminar 201 12
- Discretionary trust reporting 134 3
- Website - Should I upgrade? 87 1
- 10 year debentures and CT 86 3
- General legal fees 58 1
- Capital gain or not? 245 4
- Are HMRC getting it right? 500 11
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 168 3
- Foreign Tax 50 1
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 346 13
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,110
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 583
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 387
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 293
- Interest on Loan to a Company 195
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 178
- Agent fees to sell business 169
- Alphabet shares 166
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 159
- Residency 91 day rule 145