Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 338 6
- Tech Champion of the Year 256 6
- Xmas party 118 1
- Just because it's Friday 292 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,361 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 149 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 107 4
- Capital Allowances 155 4
- equipment rental 219 10
- Acquisition by company 115 5
- Non sequitur 541 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,499 23
- R&D on products not sold 100 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 917 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 197 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 646 9
- Transfer of land to family members 98 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 592 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 217 6
- Not registered for VAT. Germany wants proof! 242 5
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,366
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 241
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 230
- Charge out rates in London 184
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 169
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141