Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- pension paid by company? 270 7
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 690 16
- Late annual return 70 1
- Charity work 182 10
- Company Director In Prison 324 8
- Incorporated when they should not have 88 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 202 12
- HMRC Agents Line 60 2
- Tax position re this lease? 308 5
- Managing Employee Expenses 160 6
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 42 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,664 60
- inheritance tax 552 14
- donations to school via self employed business (registered charity) 147 5
- Is compensation for surrender of a lease subject to VAT 51 1
- Do I need a smartphone? 604 21
- SA Agent's Priority Line 138 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 771 24
- Reasonable excuse for not filing returns....Death? 266 3
- MAAT vs ACCA 397 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 671
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 489
- Cancelled 423
- Cancelled 360
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 359
- Probiz 332
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 320
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 241
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 212
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 194