Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 77 3
- HMRC Post 649 10
- Star v Sage for bureau payroll work 34 2
- www.pool.adzio 252 4
- Losses carry forward to self employed 305 6
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 354 6
- The Higgs Decision 406 5
- Selling Business 73 1
- Freelance/Employee 745 18
- FHL - hedge purchase 168 2
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 593 20
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,839 20
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 342 4
- Fees 567 6
- Time to ditch Sage? 509 8
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 466 8
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 314 3
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,920 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 306 3
- Transactions with directors 496 3
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 772
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 421
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 371
- Electric Car 305
- S222 Charge 256
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 220
- IP trans to holding company 198
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 192
- AIA 190
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 185