Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 342
- Set up a company pension 279
- RTI Fees 264
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 240
- Where's our 10%? 239
- Driving sales growth 209
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 204
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 203
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 199
- CIS late registration 194
- EIS 193
- Regiatration of a Trust 193
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 184
- Break up basis accounting 178
- Best structure 173
- Accounts production software for business SSC 167
- Property owned privately 165
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 162
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 152
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 145