Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,134 453
- Devolved HMRC? 95 2
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 1,761 11
- capital gains on PPR 340 18
- 100% Xero practice 2,593 49
- Shutting down a company with creditors 1,554 33
- Is it possible to retrospectively change the tax year that dividends were paid. 733 29
- PAYE 254 5
- What accounting software is there for Irish Accounts? 207 2
- Working from home - time apportionment 186 1
- incorrect PAYE statements 248 3
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 128 1
- Cloud based payroll sofware? 497 8
- Does anyone use quotation software? 156 2
- What is the best, tax efficient way to sell 40% shares in your start-up business for approx £1m 447 5
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 346 10
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 447 10
- How can customer service quality vary between the basic pension firms? 392 5
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 583 10
- Will this AIA be disallowed when asset transferred to Ltd Co 353 12
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,326
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 488
- National Insurance 378
- Non Resident 302
- Franchise income and costs 267
- Hands on experience of Digita 223
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 198
- Employer's Helpline 170
- employment capital allowances 167
- CIS paid under reg 9 162