Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 90 1
- Vat 262 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,263 13
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 334 7
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 108 2
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 412 6
- Why should I retain membership? 2,687 46
- Recharge for private use of a company car 175 3
- Funding Circle Servicing Fee 138 2
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,476 18
- CT/CIS offset 128 2
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 184 4
- Trade name 184 3
- Musician - Allowable Travel expenses 133 1
- New business - journal entries 314 20
- B2B vat in the EU 119 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 314 18
- VAT on deposits 207 2
- VAT clearance for determining the correct rate to apply 138 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 415 12
- Auto enrolment excuses 805
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 710
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 390
- Social investment tax relief 208
- Digita Hosted Software 202
- Call Centre Data Costs 193
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 162
- Travel costs and contractors 152
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 147
- Certificates of tax deposit 139