Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 723 14
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 806 1
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 467 10
- Real time 193 2
- Withdrawal of a quote 393 7
- Opt To Tax Refund 250 3
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 226 2
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 215 5
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 602 15
- When to top-up pensions? 177 2
- Support / ticketing software 332 11
- Are Tax Agents designed out of online systems? 330 3
- Imported goods and VAT 142 1
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 437 15
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 593 11
- Stamp Duty 181 3
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,867 22
- Company Number 10000000 999 13
- Online accounting provider for multicompany with turnover £10m 370 5
- CGT on lost shares/scam 241 3
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 471
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 290
- DTA tie-breaker issue 281
- CGT for NOn UK residents 243
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 220
- Apprenticeship Levy 217
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 210
- Just checking re PSA 196
- Capital Gains personal representatives 190
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 177