Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- 31st october deadline 354 6
- Property gift to sister 71 4
- RTI Late Registration query 132 1
- Treatment of one-off payments to non-employees 210 2
- Payroll software 130 1
- Who gets the CGT deduction 205 2
- Accounting for display stands 227 7
- Companies House Search 291 3
- VAT training 243 4
- Letter saying client is IR35 compliant 251 3
- Is it any of my business ? 1,507 15
- VAT Flat Rate Scheme 294 3
- A Friday Funny. 309 5
- Something for the weekend? 242 5
- Moneysoft Payroll 552 12
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 1,249 19
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 2,537 26
- Coming out of flat rate 154 1
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 1,601 27
- AML reporting to NCA 164 3
- NHS finance professionals 707
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 429
- Foreign Pension Contribution 401
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 383
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 383
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 336
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 301
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 278
- IFA income recognition & reporting 224
- Incorporating doctors 217