Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Where has Portia gone? 5,079 111
- Help 198 10
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 106 2
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 249 9
- Overlap profit 298 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 324 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,067 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 142 1
- Payments on account 193 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 96 1
- What do your junior staff do? 529 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 662 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 420 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 542 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 133 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,944 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 362 3
- On the high seas 117 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 149 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 863 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 853
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 445
- Sanzar 344
- How do you do it 338
- Digital marketing focus group 313
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 296
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 210
- Fit for purpose 203
- new investor structure 200
- VAT Registration 181