Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 529 17
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 22 1
- Audit 138 2
- What is the status of "Whistleblowing" these days - do you get rewarded? 695 22
- Do I need to pay my accountant 885 11
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 1,098 12
- LLP members transfer to limited companies. 106 1
- carry back of gift aid 172 3
- Employee to move to Isle of Man 294 8
- Awkward IP 1,212 12
- What's in a name ? 985 8
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 866 10
- Negligible value - JJB Sports 204 1
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 557 11
- Is it possible to change a client's trading address for Vat purposes online 236 3
- Should everyone be entitled to a personal allowance 391 6
- Potentially dodgy client 431 3
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 561 28
- Entrepeneurs relief 464 18
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 403 9
- CTA study material 785
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 484
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 429
- Employment related securities question 313
- AIM Stocks and IHT 292
- Expat pension contributions? 270
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 265
- Trust for Employee 249
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 200
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 154