Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Career slump - advice and/or sympathy much appreciated 104 2
- Operating lease 58 3
- Gifting shares 69 1
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 222 4
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 452 8
- paye scheme very used 149 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 797 25
- Disclosure query 118 3
- Invoice factoring 71 2
- Auto enrolment 277 4
- Reverse charge - do you always book it? 237 6
- LLP Accounts format 82 1
- Scoot 303 6
- A question about share structure 72 1
- Corporation tax due date confusion 197 3
- Top slicing relief question 153 2
- Share swap 190 3
- Is our client doing anything wrong? 328 2
- Tax on sale of shares 172 3
- Accountants' Error 899 17
- Skandia using wrong address 1,466
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 785
- Any views 713
- HMRC Employers Diary 533
- International interest certificate 430
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 399
- Sale of business 360
- NOVA 267
- Advertising services? 263
- IRIS Open Books problem 260