Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Are these allowable capital expenditures for a jewellery retail shop? 133 1
- IR35 calc - which months' E'ees NICs and PAYE to include? 118 3
- Clients 103 2
- error on companies house accounts 271 7
- Any Answers changes - feedback required 3,376 109
- Excel 2010 pivot table rows 30 1
- VAT rules on Compensation invoice to EU company 71 1
- VAT rules on recharge sales invoice 91 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 289 6
- Extension of lease in flat management company 156 2
- Client's company struck off 674 18
- 2010-11 tax return is incorrect 109 1
- Overtime etc for PT employees 202 3
- Newly Started Practice 341 7
- problems getting through to the ACCA technical helpline 168 4
- Benefit in kind calc, s.106 ITEPA 156 3
- ACCA Accountants Report 153 1
- Sole trader startup losses and PAYE income in same year 213 5
- Commission on holiday accrual 107 1
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 174 2
- QROP pension input amounts 479
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 450
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 423
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 272
- EPS and CIS deductions 264
- Construction CIS LLP Company 249
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 218
- SAGE winforecast 185
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 174
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 171