Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Overdrawn DLA 54 3
- Electronic v printed payslips 77 1
- Where to advertise for staff 161 5
- CIS monthly declaration 70 5
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 849 36
- Personal investment trading company 57 1
- CIS schemes 250 1
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 87 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 91 2
- Excel formula 511 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 520 13
- Self assesment losses 131 3
- Self assessment tax arrears 445 4
- overdrawn directors loan 153 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 291 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 151 2
- Fee protection 694 12
- Rights of Alphabet shares 260 8
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 111 2
- Disposal of an opted property 84 1
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 318
- Domain name sale and limited company 214
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 197
- Investment 197
- Tax on damages received 160
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 139