Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Stand alone practice management software 1,732 26
- Allocation of income from property 656 23
- RTI and Advances to Employees 392 10
- CTA 248 3
- AIA/Capital Allowances 340 11
- Selling to USA, Delivery to Poland, VAT? 118 3
- Anybody got through to VAT today? 38 1
- Anyone else experiencing issues with sage 50 payroll 764 22
- Payment on account reminders 115 1
- Time values in Excel 154 3
- No more tax returns... 1,373 12
- bookkeeping system 561 8
- Spanish Assets taxation - UK Residence 176 3
- HELP CT Return filed but doesnt match up HMRC's AP 225 6
- International VAT 128 2
- Office 365 vs. Google apps 655 9
- Insurance payout 147 1
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 537 11
- RTI / P11d 188 2
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,111 21