Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- LLP - Member leaving 138 6
- what time is it ? 64 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 253 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,052 14
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 239 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 667 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 222 4
- Year end 156 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 570 21
- How would you account for warranty? 155 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 397 22
- Sweet Tooth 184 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 177 2
- trading or dormant 116 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 123 1
- tax credits 137 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 569 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 276 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 122 1
- Foreign income for self employed 138 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 877
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 518
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 331
- How to format a stock book 312
- Tax efficient holding company structure 245
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 241
- Investment property company accounts template 226
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 192
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 166