Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Capital Gain? 509 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 195 5
- Sell business after leaving country 112 2
- How much to charge? 225 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 156 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 638 15
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 101 1
- Income tax on foreign dividends 238 2
- break even point 591 18
- Simple consolidation question 102 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 388 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 998 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 404 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 205 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 276 5
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 113 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 165 4
- IHT Query 238 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 446 2
- BrightPay 695 22
- Possible Partnership? 464
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 441
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 429
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 232
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 226
- Clubs and Taxable Income 217
- New Fangled Penalties 216
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 211
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 184
- Loans to other companies 167