Quickbooks and 64 bit
Has anyone out there managed to get Quickbooks 2008 registered and working on a 64 bit operating system, and if so how??
I love my new shiny (Windows 7 64 bit) laptop. It is so fast compared to my old machine (and actually has a battery that works!).
Unfortunately, and fairly fundamentally for an accountant being a member of the Quickbooks advisers programme and with a number of clients using Quickbooks, you apparently cannot register Quickbooks (2008 in this case) on a 64 bit operating system.
I dutifully called Quickbooks for a registration code after installation (I used the software several times up to this point and it worked perfectly as far as I could see). I typed in the code and got an error ('The validation code is incorrect....'). We tried various solutions, such as running in XP compatability mode but they did not work.
In the end the adviser's solution was to 'get a new computer' or 'get a different operating system'. Not very helpful!
PS The adviser also said that the next version would be out in May or June (and would not necessarily support 64 bit), so watch this space for Quickbooks 2011 sometime next year!!!!!
- Capital Gains Relief 182 6
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 91 3
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 666 26
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 200 4
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 231 6
- HMRC SA302s 40 1
- Amend tax return? 80 1
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 966 40
- Investment from Friend 199 10
- Receipt bank 358 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 66 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 498 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 171 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 351 4
- Company dividends 552 15
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 106 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,198 15
- TRONC scheme 112 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 725 13
- client can't/won't pay 1,621 29
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 584
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 250
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175