In the real economy . . .
It has been suggested to me that clients who are used to their businesses being profitable are failing to adjust to lower profits being made now. Is that your experience?
One accountant said to me that clients were used to spending money from their businesses and 'covering' that with dividends at the year end. The clients had not reduced their expenditure (and were to some extent unable to do so because of kids' school fees or whatever) but were now finding the profits did not support sufficient dividends to 'cover' the 'drawings' they had made during the year.
Is that just one accountant's experience or is that common?
Is it perhaps the case that many businesses either have not yet been hit by the recession - or have been hit but do not have accounts showing them what the effect has been on profit?
If so, when will the impact be felt / recognised?
Discuss! (or not if you prefer!)
- Dividend payment date 1,870 33
- Hollyoaks cast - changes due to Social Security Regulations 2,693 18
- Garage Conversion -Ltd Company Office 117 2
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 127 5
- Director hired as an individual 66 2
- Real names 523 20
- VAT charge needed on van sale? 93 2
- Company Secretarial Software 1,279 27
- Agricultural Land Hold Over and Roll Over 86 2
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 196 2
- Taxfiler - is it really good? 179 6
- Tax relief on licence costs 116 1
- Who owns the data 220 3
- Clarification over - VAT Box 8 - Flat rate scheme 155 5
- Sole Trader Fees 119 1
- Loan interest rental property 193 5
- Theatre as charitable company 47 1
- Peer to Peer lending 138 5
- What's the plural? 671 14
- Well well well 256 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 569
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 432
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 334
- IFA incorporation 312
- Mortgage interest claim on Buy to let hic up 299
- Can the receivers fees be allowed for tax? 296
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 251
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 239
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 231
- Sorry ignore me 225