In the real economy . . .
It has been suggested to me that clients who are used to their businesses being profitable are failing to adjust to lower profits being made now. Is that your experience?
One accountant said to me that clients were used to spending money from their businesses and 'covering' that with dividends at the year end. The clients had not reduced their expenditure (and were to some extent unable to do so because of kids' school fees or whatever) but were now finding the profits did not support sufficient dividends to 'cover' the 'drawings' they had made during the year.
Is that just one accountant's experience or is that common?
Is it perhaps the case that many businesses either have not yet been hit by the recession - or have been hit but do not have accounts showing them what the effect has been on profit?
If so, when will the impact be felt / recognised?
Discuss! (or not if you prefer!)
- Wrong career 67 4
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 169 5
- Newsletter 231 5
- RTI Filing 1,750 22
- Would this save hours of your time? 70 1
- Fee's for P11D's 295 5
- Agent with HMRC 236 10
- Quarterly PAYE 213 7
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 43 1
- reporting salary? 167 3
- Payroll software : RTI submissions 316 16
- CGT on Inherited Property 271 2
- Employment Allowance related companies 95 3
- Value pricing 580 19
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 387 1
- Childcare Vouchers 172 3
- Audit Report Query 185 5
- Coming in from the cold 221 2
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 1,312 26
- VAT Query re: Foreign VAT 97 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 768
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 523
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 390
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 275
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 216
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 216
- Director Loan account operation 205
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 203
- vat return 166
- Free Tax Legislation? 166