In the real economy . . .
It has been suggested to me that clients who are used to their businesses being profitable are failing to adjust to lower profits being made now. Is that your experience?
One accountant said to me that clients were used to spending money from their businesses and 'covering' that with dividends at the year end. The clients had not reduced their expenditure (and were to some extent unable to do so because of kids' school fees or whatever) but were now finding the profits did not support sufficient dividends to 'cover' the 'drawings' they had made during the year.
Is that just one accountant's experience or is that common?
Is it perhaps the case that many businesses either have not yet been hit by the recession - or have been hit but do not have accounts showing them what the effect has been on profit?
If so, when will the impact be felt / recognised?
Discuss! (or not if you prefer!)
- Telephone call from "Xero" 409 5
- Error on SA Tax Return 102 3
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 1,160 46
- dividend 139 10
- Purchase of shares in a Limited Company 102 5
- Repairs or Improvement? 249 5
- Credit Card Payment - What are we required to do? 161 3
- Irish Taxation 135 4
- Now the phishers have baited their hooks with SAGE 302 2
- Self assessment tax arrears 509 6
- Drector renting room to company 89 1
- Off site storage 148 5
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 598 6
- Anyone know about Cloud-Based Practice Management Software? 246 7
- Industrial & Provident Societies 348 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 235 3
- Auto-enrolment - Fees 326 4
- Self assesment losses 320 8
- RTI and s18 ITEPA 172 3
- Garden studio - tax and VAT deductible? 183 1
- Xtuple 563
- Qtac payroll for bureau 385
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 341
- Domain name sale and limited company 232
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 211
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 207
- Investment 204
- Multiple bodies and practicing certificates 179
- Tax on damages received 179
- Temporary non residence and CGT on non-UK asset 149