In the real economy . . .
It has been suggested to me that clients who are used to their businesses being profitable are failing to adjust to lower profits being made now. Is that your experience?
One accountant said to me that clients were used to spending money from their businesses and 'covering' that with dividends at the year end. The clients had not reduced their expenditure (and were to some extent unable to do so because of kids' school fees or whatever) but were now finding the profits did not support sufficient dividends to 'cover' the 'drawings' they had made during the year.
Is that just one accountant's experience or is that common?
Is it perhaps the case that many businesses either have not yet been hit by the recession - or have been hit but do not have accounts showing them what the effect has been on profit?
If so, when will the impact be felt / recognised?
Discuss! (or not if you prefer!)
- client can't/won't pay 4 1
- Loan repayments (personal) and profits 113 3
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 723 19
- Welcome to the Saturday Club 802 38
- Warning! Cannot pay SA tax at Post Office 647 16
- Is it possible to offset part Class 4 losses for year from one business against part profits of second business 143 4
- Tax Penalty overeaction 532 10
- 5% penalty on late payment 65 1
- New Boiler at Rental Property 227 3
- Ongoing trade? 216 4
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 51 1
- Can I undertake a solicitors audit? 223 4
- Freelance software consultant 280 3
- Tax deduction for Partners for items outside of accounts 143 1
- Tax Enquiry - Inspector Error 230 1
- opening balamces 348 11
- Limited company closed payroll then changed its name: does it need to apply for a new PAYE reference to reinstate payroll? 288 4
- What is included in earnings for Carers Allowance purposes? 110 2
- payroo 196 3
- Which P45 to Use 280 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 774
- Copy Wanted 486
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 450
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 448
- Latest phishing scam 277
- Entrepreneurs' relief 259
- Limited Company Garden Office - Minor Personal Use - BIK 257
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 242
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 224
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 222