In the real economy . . .
It has been suggested to me that clients who are used to their businesses being profitable are failing to adjust to lower profits being made now. Is that your experience?
One accountant said to me that clients were used to spending money from their businesses and 'covering' that with dividends at the year end. The clients had not reduced their expenditure (and were to some extent unable to do so because of kids' school fees or whatever) but were now finding the profits did not support sufficient dividends to 'cover' the 'drawings' they had made during the year.
Is that just one accountant's experience or is that common?
Is it perhaps the case that many businesses either have not yet been hit by the recession - or have been hit but do not have accounts showing them what the effect has been on profit?
If so, when will the impact be felt / recognised?
Discuss! (or not if you prefer!)
- FRS12 Redundancy and notice period provision 59 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 56 1
- 27,000 Really? 1,024 30
- This is getting boring 576 12
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 228 7
- pension paid by company? 81 3
- inheritance tax 396 12
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 314 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 212 4
- State pension 284 3
- Accountancy Career 103 1
- CIC Company 652 13
- Exactly which business miles can I claim from my employer? 1,811 22
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 3,271 66
- Deduction from Salary 638 15
- Bank account of a different company being used for transactions. 428 5
- Group Audit Thresholds 352 10
- One off meeting new client 1,685 16
- Legal title not in the company name 757 22
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 300 3
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 639
- Cancelled 393
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 353
- Cancelled 333
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 306
- Probiz 301
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 277
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 258
- How not to compose an email 245
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 221