In the real economy . . .
It has been suggested to me that clients who are used to their businesses being profitable are failing to adjust to lower profits being made now. Is that your experience?
One accountant said to me that clients were used to spending money from their businesses and 'covering' that with dividends at the year end. The clients had not reduced their expenditure (and were to some extent unable to do so because of kids' school fees or whatever) but were now finding the profits did not support sufficient dividends to 'cover' the 'drawings' they had made during the year.
Is that just one accountant's experience or is that common?
Is it perhaps the case that many businesses either have not yet been hit by the recession - or have been hit but do not have accounts showing them what the effect has been on profit?
If so, when will the impact be felt / recognised?
Discuss! (or not if you prefer!)
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 162 13
- Corp Tax Refund 127 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,751 477
- Email hacker for hire ... 314 8
- Fees for Property Tax Return 482 15
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 86 10
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 258 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 49 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 174 1
- Audit partner? 233 6
- Losses on FHL Property 90 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 237 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 115 1
- corp tax software 967 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 305 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,616 72
- Can't read my handwriting 552 12
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 692 15
- Is this fraud? 846 13
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 414 4
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,365
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 404
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 237
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 216
- Employer's Helpline 185
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 144
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 138