Is this really what we have to do for money laundering!?
I have just been told by my MLRO that before we do any work for an existing client, for whom we already hold ID - having got it when we took them on (anywhere from last week to the start of MLR), we have to get new ID.
As if it isnt bad enough trying to get accounts done and invoiced, this could cause considerable confusion and delay.
Surely if we have an existing (current) photo ID and we have 64-8 in place (so we can check ID at HMRC). The only thing we have to do is get the photo ID up to date - or do we even need to do that.
If we do have to get the new ID when does "new work" start from 1st January, 2011 SAITR, annual accounts, next phone call or even each phone call?
(The perceptive among you may notice that the previous paragraph is little more than a rant, but realistically when does it have to be updated?)
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 710 21
- Year end 206 3
- tax credits 178 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 985 16
- Foreign income for self employed 152 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 277 9
- LLP - Member leaving 164 6
- what time is it ? 146 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 282 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,075 14
- Tax Return Deadlines 232 4
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 588 21
- How would you account for warranty? 170 4
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 407 22
- Sweet Tooth 211 6
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 189 2
- trading or dormant 129 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 148 1
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 578 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 282 3
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 885
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 520
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 332
- How to format a stock book 313
- Tax efficient holding company structure 249
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 243
- Investment property company accounts template 227
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 220
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 193
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 171