Recharging non-allowable cost
I have a client who frequently recharges costs incurred back to his clients and at times this includes non-allowable items. For instance he may be asked to entertain a sales prospect.
If we show this as separate income and expense entries then the expense should be disallowed hence creating a tax charge on a neutral transaction. But I am concerned that netting off would not be correct.
Can anyone advise the proper treatment.
- Xerocon 2016 1,017 24
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,189 41
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 227 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 239 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 592 12
- Personal Tax 493 11
- USA Tax Query 167 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,660 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 944 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 288 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 600 18
- Corrupt Excel File 674 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 350 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,975 43
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 290 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 411 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 175 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 334 4
- last minute request 515 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,254 46