Recharging non-allowable cost
I have a client who frequently recharges costs incurred back to his clients and at times this includes non-allowable items. For instance he may be asked to entertain a sales prospect.
If we show this as separate income and expense entries then the expense should be disallowed hence creating a tax charge on a neutral transaction. But I am concerned that netting off would not be correct.
Can anyone advise the proper treatment.
- Missing tax return 13 1
- CG on Spanish property disposal 257 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 126 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 515 18
- Physiotherapy 206 3
- Inflation and fees 1,156 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 115 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 247 8
- CGT help please 107 1
- How much would you charge for an interim audit? 327 7
- Cashflow forecasting software 92 2
- What happens when a customer with PPD pays late? 142 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 282 1
- Community Interest Company 130 3
- Redundancy Pay 415 5
- Advice please! 331 1
- Unusual marketing ideas for accountants 739 6
- Do we have to honour her notice? 628 5
- Stand alone practice management software 1,285 21
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 120 1