Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Do HMRC impose harsher penalties on unrepresented taxpayers? 47 1
- Is a Business Bank Account compulsory for a sole trader? 25 2
- Is it possible and what should be done? 126 1
- Remortgage costs on redidential lettings 180 2
- Self-employed: claiming expenses initially paid by somebody else 387 11
- Unhappy client over fees 1,350 29
- do i need an online accounting software 544 7
- VAT DIY self build shceme 98 1
- COMPANIES HOUSE - DOWN LOAD FREE ACCOUNTS 614 17
- Employee expenses & benefits - bringing myself up to date 242 1
- Backdating Partnership registration to 14/15 998 16
- Can you claim part of the AIA and WDAs on the remainder 159 2
- Bank account security - Kashflow 281 4
- Double tax relief -UK tax paid in error 118 2
- Partnership Share Ratio Quandary 460 12
- Multi user accounting software 108 1
- ACCA student with study package 408 8
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 404 3
- Flat rate VAT and Work in progress 297 5
- Incorporating doctors 424 1
- NHS finance professionals 791
- Foreign Pension Contribution 473
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 465
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 405
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 371
- IFA income recognition & reporting 280
- Are subsistence claims firmly attached to the 24 month rule ? 261
- Form P55 in year tax repayment claim for non-resident 256
- When is sale recognised in an agency who receives commission? 208
- FRM claim for travel to training course 199