Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Small hotel - food for personal use 126 2
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 83 2
- Xero Pain Points 183 11
- VAT - How hard is it? 297 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 129 4
- New starter - tax code 93 3
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 90 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 546 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 216 3
- Childcare 255 4
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 209 2
- The importance of Grammar 784 21
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 790 19
- New .accountant domain name extension 94 1
- VAT REGISTATIONS 200 4
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,455 18
- Can I force IRIS to produce an amended tax return ? 206 5
- Fees for successfully defending a COP9 enquiry 411 12
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,535 53
- Is this dodgy? 776 17
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 357
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 293
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 278
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 276
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 268
- Electric Car 219
- S222 Charge 199
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 192
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 188
- Company Structure 168