Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 515 14
- Selling a practice 334 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,255 20
- Incapable of reading 108 1
- How to pay national insurance 139 2
- Overlap relief 458 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 100 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 76 1
- Dormant payroll 838 9
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 174 5
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 127 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,329 21
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 624 13
- PPR exemption on separation 145 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,545 10
- Intercompany loans 109 1
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 175 3
- Limited Company 337 11
- Sage renewals and terminations 131 1
- Suspicious debt recovery offer? 212 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 442
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 345
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 335
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 311
- Perkbox 274
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 242
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 242
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 233
- Document Management Systems 215
- WIP Software 199