Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 98 4
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 382 5
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 518 12
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 489 9
- Transferring DLA between Directors 287 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 116 2
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 103 1
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 185 1
- Stumped - IHT 331 5
- Creative Auto Enrolment 812 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,379 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 119 3
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 254 4
- True Potential AE 273 2
- Closing down loss-making company 517 6
- CGT and primary residence 229 2
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 325 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,248 14
- VAT disaggregation 295 4
- Giving shares away 458 8