Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- FIFA game and making money 854 10
- Loan to a related company 308 14
- Anyone out there with charity accounts experience 158 8
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 39 2
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 73 3
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 244 8
- Mortgage deposit Gift 286 14
- Family loan 807 11
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 79 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,557 322
- Use of home for storage 101 2
- Being Tax relevant 506 7
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 847 4
- What should I do for 'free' 377 5
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 475 7
- Payroll provider 305 6
- Partnership to Sole Trader 101 2
- Amending Share Capital 129 4
- Umbrella Company 77 1
- Disclosure of pending convertible loan notes? 243 11
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,154
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 380
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 303
- National Insurance 287
- Payments on account coded out?? 249
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 248
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 227
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 213
- Non Resident 201
- Franchise income and costs 189