Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 487 5
- See you all on the other side 625 6
- 12Pay 348 2
- dividends 475 2
- R&D 268 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,133 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 411 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 348 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 295 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 510 5
- Seeking a tax case 582 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 440 4
- Companies house strike off 426 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 339 2
- Moving to the cloud 707 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 204 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 858 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 189 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,071 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 456 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 544
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 411
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 361
- IRIS and FRS 102 342
- Capitalising Finance Lease 308
- USA help 305
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 278
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 273
- Capital gains on rental property 251
- Sage Coretime 228