Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 134 4
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 407 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 72 2
- What does it mean?? 359 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 286 13
- VAT on motor expenses 899 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 72 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,711 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,311 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 106 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 140 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 168 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 205 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 160 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 750 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 392 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 212 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 336 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 120 2
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 97 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 472
- NOVA 329
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 237
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 224
- Management expenses for investment company 210
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 209
- Bonus Bonds 209
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 195