Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Legal Advice Needed Bank Account Blocked 779 12
- Breach of employment contract 24 1
- Box CP18 CT600 74 2
- Who can I refer leads to? 435 10
- Vat on 'pig slurry' - palatable subject I know! 64 2
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 97 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 694 29
- new capital structure ltd with investors 318 6
- Gift to employee 188 4
- Benefit of my ACCA membership to my Non Qualified Employer 339 5
- Growing pains 234 3
- Unfurnished properties allowable replacement expenditure 91 2
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 112 3
- Capital or revenue expense? 53 1
- Capital or revenue expense? 71 1
- VAT on land sale 267 8
- Letter from HMRC telling me client passed away 1,754 25
- NOMINAL CODES 154 2
- Any Need to Formally "Sack" Client Company? 527 8
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 375 10
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 440
- CTA study material 398
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 268
- Pre incorp expenses 256
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 232
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 225
- Slight twist on employment related securities 201
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 166
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 151