Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 179 4
- Business lending another business money (UK) 320 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 77 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 297 7
- Family Partnership 292 9
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 199 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 199 6
- Business trips - director and family 425 3
- Signed accounts for bank 670 15
- flat rate scheme 2,388 50
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 175 2
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 332 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 205 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 105 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 869 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 218 5
- VAT Query on new build 131 1
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 128 1
- P11D Car Value 278 6
- NOVA declaration 114 1