Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 887 52
- Go Cardless 231 8
- business entertaining deductibility 85 1
- Disengaging a client who uses our office as a registered office address 747 17
- Self assessment tax arrears 82 2
- R & D 91 3
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 209 1
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 57 1
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 92 2
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 121 3
- Payroll software with annual pay period? 109 1
- New Business Registration 202 5
- Audit rules 131 3
- Hosted email exchange 117 4
- Excel formula for UK corporation tax including losses 131 1
- G P life time allowance 100 3
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 364 11
- Bringing money to Uk 203 3
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 114 1
- Accounting for investment club gains 105 2
- Xtuple 497
- Qtac payroll for bureau 332
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 276
- Industrial & Provident Societies 273
- Mehjoo 216
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 214
- New strategic report 168
- Domain name sale and limited company 154
- South African Government Pension 148
- CIS schemes 143