Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- What are options for non CA firm 1,631 25
- Dividends with an annual profit but retained losses 118 1
- How to make restoration of corrupted excel 2007 file? 117 1
- Anyone come across this shower before? 1,898 35
- Real names 1,134 34
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 520 23
- What are the tax implications of employer paying my tuition fees? 167 1
- Company Secretarial Software 1,385 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 685 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 242 7
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 120 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 141 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 302 5
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 2,001 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,974 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 98 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 128 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 167 4
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 130 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 94 1
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 584
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 456
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 355
- IFA incorporation 339
- Sorry ignore me 327
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 281
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 274
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 264
- Cancelled 207
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 178