Reclaiming Import VAT / C79 Certificates
I wonder if anyone could be so kind to help me. I am currently waiting on a C79 certificate from H M Revenue & Customs. I have been VAT registered since March 1st, 2011 however I never did receive a C79 certificate as I had to re-register for EORI and was not aware of this until I realised I hadn't been receiving the certificates. My courier, UPS, have now re-allocated all imports from March 1st to my correct VAT number and have advised that this will prompt a C79 and I will also start getting C79's monthly - at least I hope.
As I registered in March, I have aleady completed my first VAT return for the first period (which covered March 1st - March 31st) and now my 2nd return is due by August to cover April to June.
When I receive the C79 certificate some of the entries on there should hopefully relate to the imports I never claimed for for March - is it possible to still reclaim these on my next return (providing they are on the C79 certificate)?
How do you record the C79 certificate in your accounts package? Do you treat it as a seperate invoice? I use Kashflow accounting software if it helps. Do I just take whatever is on the C79 certificate and reclaim this on my return?
Before I was VAT registered I would just record my import duties and VAT into the accounts as an expense (as I receive an invoice from my courier). I assume now I should only be recording the Import Duty & Brokerage fees because the VAT will be a seperate entity which is reclaimed on the return?
I hope my questions make sense and would greatly appreciate any advice.
- Vat on solicitors charges 92 3
- Late leaver notification 88 1
- Could i ask for a bit of help please. 217 6
- Filling in my self assessment 658 14
- Should small companies be audited? 975 41
- Mileage claim restriction 357 3
- Self Assessment employed and self employed 113 1
- You know you're an accountant when... 1,397 41
- Overlap profit 565 15
- What does PITA mean? 395 9
- career 340 2
- Help required please 454 10
- Skype treating businesses as private consumers; no VAT invoices 456 1
- Help - ACCA uk practicing certification forms 218 3
- Vat to be Paid? 200 3
- CGT base cost 304 11
- A little bit of politics 432 5
- Ultimate Controlling Party Disclosure Questions 246 5
- RSU and double taxation 151 1
- Can i really not unreconcile a vat return in sage? 176 1
- Sanzar 452
- Digital marketing focus group 376
- Sage troubleshooting for employee who has previously claimed SMP 335
- Continuity Agreement 289
- Are commercial mortgage cashbacks subject to Corporation Tax ? 271
- Sainsbury's mangement 264
- Buyback 263
- Avanti Accounts 242
- Entrepreneurs' relief (ER) for EMI shares 200
- Iris and Miicrosoft 365 172