Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- What password safe app does anyone recommend? 860 22
- RTI and bank holiday Friday 52 2
- Laptop purchase 827 16
- Company petition 26 1
- Belated VAT Exception Application 177 6
- Do you design it or pick what's out there? 533 13
- CT600 for the first time 115 5
- CGT and PPR and Lettings Relief? 315 7
- Agent with HMRC 156 9
- Propert purchase, renovation then rented out and VAT 47 1
- Purchase buy-to-let property personally or LTD? 549 9
- Sage Payroll 100 4
- VAT query 145 2
- Elective DeductionsModel 104 2
- company secretarial software 201 4
- How best to own a 4-way property partnership 259 5
- Value pricing 388 13
- Weely paid employees 103 1
- Tax repayment for 2013-14 295 6
- Should design costs be capitalised? 85 1
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 739
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 508
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 368
- One man Company and closing payroll scheme as none paid 350
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 268
- VAT on Gaming Machines 222
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 204
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 194
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 184
- Director Loan account operation 165