Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Dress code 1,132 26
- Joining the flat rate scheme retrospectively 597 8
- Scottish Independance 400 13
- How to complain about HMRC 806 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 316 8
- VAT Flat rate scheme for property management company 66 2
- NOMINAL CODES 304 4
- Do HMRC automatically close inactive PAYE schemes? 147 2
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax Consultancy 2014 682 5
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 659 17
- VAT on goods never entered the UK 275 9
- Interest relief before property is rented out 215 4
- Which company is best for online new company formation? 362 7
- What is the best practice for running a roofing company in Sage 422 9
- Sharing of Fixed Assets 91 1
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 242 1
- CIC Tax - what is trading? 330 12
- How much did you pay for your website 1,599 27
- Dividend 429 6
- FRS and Debtors 240 2
- CTA study material 745
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 460
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 332
- Employment related securities question 298
- AIM Stocks and IHT 273
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 243
- Expat pension contributions? 234
- Trust for Employee 226
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 140
- Wind Turbine - Company or not? 128