Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- White van man 343 17
- Worried over stock value 172 2
- Sole Trader using Tax Losses 139 9
- Window Comb Binder Cover 287 5
- STUDENT LOAN 53 1
- Bookkeeping question 572 6
- wave software 216 2
- Directors Pension Contribution 338 8
- Teacher doing marking - tax deducted 207 3
- Backdate C79? 160 2
- Entertaining - definition? 294 2
- Do you lose losses on cessation 353 10
- foreign income 109 1
- SA1 Online 87 1
- UK resident non domicile recieving a gift from his parents in Pakistan. 91 1
- Relevant earnings and losses 90 2
- Sole trade and vehicle leasing 346 9
- VAT recovery on company owned van used by employee with some personal use 99 1
- Capital allowances offset rule 140 1
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 126 4
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 820
- Copy Wanted 545
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 501
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 486
- Latest phishing scam 341
- Entrepreneurs' relief 311
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 284
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 277
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 273
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 180