Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- PI cover 231 4
- VAT and customer entertaining 210 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 933 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 725 26
- Profit split from an investment property 156 6
- The importance of Grammar 1,306 39
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,412 39
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 105 1
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,249 10
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 159 3
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 132 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 274 6
- tax saving on card points 238 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 261 9
- Scissors 881 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 440 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 457 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 263 6
- Availability of Tax Relief on Expenses incurred for Voluntary Work Overseas 127 2
- Xero Pain Points 507 17
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 372
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 321
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 307
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 296
- Electric Car 249
- S222 Charge 218
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 214
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 161