Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Option to tax: effect on VAT 48 1
- What are options for non CA firm 2,045 39
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 352 7
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,717 26
- Errors in prior year accounts 902 25
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 583 11
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 638 6
- Unallocated client money 446 10
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 2,023 41
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,473 26
- Expenses Apps 264 5
- VAT & capitalising 170 3
- Final year's accounts 193 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 398 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 335 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 302 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 172 2
- Invoice Help 271 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 220 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 282 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 627
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 534
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 299
- Cancelled 287
- Cancelled 247
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 195
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 194
- Probiz 180
- Married woman dies owning marital home 179
- What's the market like for temps? 169