Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Dormant co. now trading 249 8
- VAT on sale of goods outside of EU - Flat Rate 72 1
- CisVerification as an agent 263 5
- Cloud-based email services? 176 3
- Late PAYE Registration 101 4
- Online or Paper 64-8? 67 1
- Is the CT61 return dead? 543 9
- Client tied in to accountant. Unfair contract? 1,749 15
- Auto Enrolment 530 2
- Lease premium accounting treatment 62 1
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 1,559 20
- Rental holiday in lieu of repairs 555 13
- Casual Driver 501 7
- Questions from Liquidator 2,344 25
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 316 3
- Not renewing AAT 1,290 12
- Auto Enrolment - Help each other by sharing known problems 496 5
- Viewing folder contens en masse 457 11
- pension contribution annual allowance charge 315 4
- Property letting & CAs 490 2
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 720
- 2015 tax year end 459
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 424
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 369
- Costly Accounting Software contract 339
- Directors' advances and credits 273
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 257
- DTA tie-breaker issue 242
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 229
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 206