Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 438 7
- private to company car? 128 3
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 203 13
- Buy to let allowable interest 85 2
- We accountants are not the only ones!! 113 1
- Partner with an IVA 140 5
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 900 33
- Your fondest calculator memories 531 26
- Goodwill Valuation Prior to April 2002, with the intention of selling on due to personal changes 402 11
- Has been asked before but help needed 233 7
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 207 6
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 297 4
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 332 13
- Consequential loss claim 69 1
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 133 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 241 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 107 4
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 403 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 278 4
- That old chestnut 613 9
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 449
- CTA study material 412
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 299
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 275
- Pre incorp expenses 266
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 234
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 229
- Slight twist on employment related securities 204
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 176
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 174