Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 1,320 21
- VAT online filing exemptions 262 4
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 851 18
- NALS Accountants Report 97 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,466 35
- Legal title not in the company name 267 10
- Dividend dates 560 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 124 3
- Sole properietor 166 4
- transitioning payroll 235 8
- dividend proposals 103 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 231 2
- Deduction from Salary 295 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 191 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,724 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 87 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 437 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 158 2
- 12 Pay Problems 255 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 89 1
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 624
- Cancelled 363
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 311
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 283
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 231
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 230
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 176