Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Overdrawn DLA 52 3
- Electronic v printed payslips 77 1
- Where to advertise for staff 159 5
- CIS monthly declaration 66 5
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 849 36
- Personal investment trading company 57 1
- CIS schemes 250 1
- Form 2.8b notice of intention to appoint administrator 87 1
- Advertising with Hibu nee Yell (Yellow Pages) 90 2
- Excel formula 511 11
- Ltd company or sole trader 519 13
- Self assesment losses 131 3
- Self assessment tax arrears 445 4
- overdrawn directors loan 153 4
- P35 and Service Company questions 291 7
- Should the Report of the Director be included in the interim financial statements of a small company 151 2
- Fee protection 694 12
- Rights of Alphabet shares 260 8
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 111 2
- Disposal of an opted property 83 1
- Xtuple 558
- Qtac payroll for bureau 379
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 329
- Industrial & Provident Societies 318
- Domain name sale and limited company 214
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 197
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 197
- Investment 194
- Tax on damages received 159
- Is an apprenticship classed as another job for PAYE RTI rules 139