Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Professional coaching claimable? 84 1
- Sage instant account codes 121 1
- Networking 134 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 265 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 178 1
- Turnover on a tax return 305 8
- incorrect old p60 451 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 303 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,933 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 293 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 252 3
- VAT refund 188 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 262 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 270 3
- Missing tax return 396 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,128 30
- Inflation and fees 1,410 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 847 24
- Micro-entity accounts 317 1