Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Microsoft One Drive 187 5
- Accounts Package 188 7
- Question about VAT Group Registration 94 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 636 18
- Not a question but made my day 539 13
- Does reputation of a tax agent affect likelihood of a HMRC audit 195 3
- Reclaim VAT charged by US company 261 3
- Travel expenses for director - flight 360 3
- Repayment of Share Capital 389 8
- VAT on property 105 1
- To make a claim against my PI insurer 250 4
- PPR ELECTION 306 9
- Late night meals self employed 352 2
- Auto enrolment pension scheme set up 415 9
- EBT Self Assessment Return 268 1
- Is there a way around new dividend tax changes? 2,833 18
- Vat Exemption moving to a partnership 123 1
- Is it okay to make full time drivers self employed? 1,876 25
- Audacity 1,222 21
- 2014/15 Forms P11D and P11D(b) 262 1
- NHS finance professionals 572
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 377
- Foreign Pension Contribution 346
- Fines for late submission of the RDR 329
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 310
- vat gross profit percentage margins 307
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 283
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 251
- Thinning income 229
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 203