Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 329 11
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 268 10
- New business - journal entries 82 7
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 249 7
- PAYE 437 12
- Resident Landlord Expenses 131 2
- Using CT600.pdf if all the directors are different 53 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 40 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,450 40
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 148 2
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 270 16
- Lettings expenses 50 1
- IFA incorporation problems 174 3
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 60 2
- Director's loan account in credit 185 1
- Excel question - how can I easily link to a row of data with gaps between the cells? 670 23
- Excel Help - Check box and hiding cells 305 3
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,376 17
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 154 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 156 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 723
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 698
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 374
- Social investment tax relief 191
- Digita Hosted Software 185
- Call Centre Data Costs 183
- option to tax 167
- VAT on deposits 158
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 142
- Travel costs and contractors 137