Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 959 29
- You know its over 346 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 491 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 221 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 177 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 162 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 253 3
- Cocaine anyone? 515 8
- Late Registration for VAT 492 13
- EIS/SEIS 146 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 278 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 419 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 426 12
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 721 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 557 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 592 4
- Personal pension 403 9
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 223 1
- How much of your work is admin? 1,220 11
- Petrol expenses for self-employed 178 3
- Hive up 492
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 458
- corporate hierarchy 439
- Advice - 273
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 227
- WWOOFers 218
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 208
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 202
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 183
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 176