Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Directors Share Purchase 194 6
- Directors Remuneration 785 25
- Registering a client for Self assessment through Agent log ons 158 2
- How to convert a pdf file to.. 514 9
- Incapable of reading 230 2
- Using VT Transactions + for first time .. struggling with flat rate VAT 191 3
- How much to charge 296 4
- How to pay national insurance 235 8
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 249 4
- Government Gateway 1,014 16
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,594 11
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 221 6
- Project Manager Consultant with Profit Share 115 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 131 2
- P11D Rejection 390 9
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 564 14
- Selling a practice 385 5
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,305 20
- Overlap relief 475 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 184 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 448
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 351
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 344
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 315
- Perkbox 280
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 251
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 246
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 244
- Document Management Systems 220
- WIP Software 209