Recommendation on time sheet recording
I run a small practice with 5 staff and we have always quoted fixed fees for most oof the work we do, except tax investigations and other ad hoc work, and it has worked out okay for us.
However, I have always got my staff to complete time sheets just as a back up to prove we had spent the time doing the work in case it was ever queried.
Recently, while looking more closely at the time sheets, I have realised that some of the work we have carried out has been correctly quoted, some have a decent profit, but then a few losses as well!
We dont have a time sheet or billing software, and all time sheets are recoded on an Excel work sheet I have created.
I wanted to know if anyone can suggest how I can keep an eye on the costings of jobs without having to buy a time recording / billing software ?
- Apostille documents 142 3
- Fair Value Accounting 105 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,468 88
- Self-employed or Ltd Company or seek employment 222 6
- Husband Wife let property 376 11
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 110 2
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 195 4
- Games Tax Relief 43 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 523 13
- Goodie bag 1,689 54
- CIS monthly returns 218 3
- can I approach clients ? 485 9
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 174 2
- Film Actors - Averaging? 357 9
- Paying Harvest casuals and casual beaters 228 3
- FreeAgent question 139 2
- Output tax for retailer 326 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 301 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 150 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 151 1
- Possible Partnership? 647
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 524
- New Fangled Penalties 451
- Fuming! 394
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 321
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 262
- Outsource Data Entry 245
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 239
- Moving away from CCH software 234
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 179