I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,973 70
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 205 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,944 47
- inflation rate year on year 179 4
- Accounts Question 150 5
- Deleted question? 755 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,210 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 726 13
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,410 24
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 665 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 456 4
- VAT Return Errors 198 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 155 5
- Yorkshire Day 616 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 196 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 384 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 153 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 298 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 242 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 158 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 358
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 264
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 238
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 233
- More spam 184
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 154