I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- How much of your work is admin? 608 5
- TaxCalc Accounts production 83 1
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 38 1
- Nominal Ledger 377 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 545 20
- Running two businesses from the same premises 383 4
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 191 2
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 179 2
- Old CGT loss 196 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 153 3
- Paper tax return 143 4
- Start up allowance? 367 12
- Will I need to resign? 157 1
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,350 41
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 243 3
- AIA or IFA 448 7
- Surely not? 452 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 637 9
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 357 7
- Late Registration for VAT 359 11