I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 2,519 68
- Vat threshold issues 1,305 12
- Charging for book-keeping on a 'per transaction' basis 744 19
- How much did you pay for your website 368 12
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 306 8
- Fastest Software 475 6
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 750 14
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 64 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 326 7
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,280 32
- CCJ and Shareholder/ Director ramifications 220 1
- Tax Allowance on University Course 1,316 6
- Time recording software 271 3
- Importing data into CCH AP 74 1
- Self employment trap - pension 246 2
- Mixed partnerships - new rules 239 3
- Donaldson v HMRC - result?? 1,087 12
- Would this fall into IR35 201 3
- ECSL 201 3
- Company Pension Contributions 105 1
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 583
- CTA study material 580
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 347
- Taxation of partners in an LLP following new rules 276
- Employment related securities question 217
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 186
- ATED Penalties 181
- AIM Stocks and IHT 166
- Foreign Premium Distributions 138
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 119