I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 402 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 65 2
- Cleaners wages at small church -PAYE or self employed ? 103 2
- What does it mean?? 348 11
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 286 13
- VAT on motor expenses 895 32
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 71 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,707 22
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,306 40
- How to account fot Cross-border vat. 101 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 140 3
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 165 7
- Introduction of Goodwill 201 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 160 4
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 747 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 392 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 210 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 334 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 117 2
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 97 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,548
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 853
- International interest certificate 472
- NOVA 329
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 236
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 222
- Management expenses for investment company 210
- Bonus Bonds 209
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 205
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 194