I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 11 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 97 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 150 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 430 22
- What are options for non CA firm 1,529 18
- Tick & Bash Bristol 196 4
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 87 1
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 42 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 77 1
- Tax position re this lease? 131 2
- VAT on Training Courses 128 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 131 2
- Self employed travel expenses 146 3
- which software 378 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 60 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 390 4
- Audit exempt subsidiary 86 1
- Accounting treatment of service charges incurred prior to occupation 142 1
- Best apps for clients 278 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 602 8
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 576
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 448
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 333
- Sorry ignore me 315
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 270
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 262
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 255
- Cancelled 196
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 163