I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Kasperskey - home pc 287 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 141 2
- Overseas bank interest 58 1
- Rental Income Tax Planning 250 4
- Undeclared rental income 1,773 18
- Cash basis 217 7
- Statutory sick pay 94 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,867 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,197 12
- Lorry Drivers 341 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 228 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,511 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 118 1
- PRR 582 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 210 2
- Partially exempt? 316 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 256 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 578 4
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 249 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 212 4
- Skandia using wrong address 528
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 286
- Employee rewards 277
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 250
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 241
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 231
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139