I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Probate services 297 4
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 41 1
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 289 10
- Community Faux Pas 755 25
- AAT before CIMA? 67 1
- trading losses allowable? 705 13
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 411 9
- Tax Fines - HMRC 718 11
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 60 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 840 34
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 140 6
- Here we go.... 798 25
- Capital Gains 321 6
- Anybody have that old ACCA Student Training Record (STR)? 137 1
- Salary Sacrifce School Fees Self Assessment 281 11
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 642 21
- Group relief for CT 125 2
- Practical experience 770 14
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,250 23
- How do others remember to do things you promise for different clients? What systems? 1,513 32