I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Only pref shares. Does it matter 106 4
- Laptop help needed I bought the wrong operating system 498 10
- Identify cost savings 69 1
- Freelance/Employee 902 22
- VAT on children's clothing 132 4
- when is a bad debt a bad debt 211 6
- Why do I get the feeling ... 367 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 2,416 50
- Concurrent users 424 7
- SEIS: is it ok for co to spend money before the shares are issued? 75 1
- Member meet up 1 October in London 216 6
- Just another average day trying to deal with HMRC 1,556 18
- P11D & tax return 234 9
- Companies Made Simple - I guess they don't want our business any more 262 3
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 468 8
- Fees 720 7
- Creation of leases out of freehold 166 2
- Selling Business 322 2
- Capital Goods Scheme 142 6
- HMRC incompetency 386 2
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 796
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 437
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 388
- Electric Car 327
- S222 Charge 264
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 235
- AIA 209
- IP trans to holding company 209
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 197
- Car used both in a partnership and sole trader business - how to claim capital allowances? 165