I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 185 2
- Mehjoo 308 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 59 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 326 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 183 4
- SA302 315 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 284 13
- Bringing money to Uk 277 4
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 281 5
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 205 4
- Go Cardless 351 9
- Hmrc software 242 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 145 1
- Hosted email exchange 182 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 315 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 316 13
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 250 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 157 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 301 7
- Xtuple 514
- Qtac payroll for bureau 354
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 297
- Industrial & Provident Societies 290
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 229
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 198
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 196
- Domain name sale and limited company 174
- CIS schemes 174
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 149