I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Cashflow forecasting software 276 4
- incorrect old p60 404 10
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,907 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 254 4
- Turnover on a tax return 206 7
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 233 3
- VAT refund 145 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 225 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 261 3
- Missing tax return 380 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,106 30
- Inflation and fees 1,400 24
- Sage Priority Support 182 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 837 24
- Micro-entity accounts 277 1
- Related party disclosure 229 3
- Company reconstruction 163 1
- Rolled up interest and late interest rules 244 6
- US LLC - anomaly in UK and US treatment 169 3
- Basic Tools and PAYE succession 191 1