I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 128 3
- Scams are not always obvious 667 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 90 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 85 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 77 3
- Related party disclosures 161 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 170 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 65 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 601 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 200 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 239 8
- Is this legal? 607 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 178 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,980 23
- Cells from many sheets 122 2
- Taxation of rental income 190 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 134 6
- Childcare vouchers 95 1
- Directors loan 1,402 9
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 136 1
- New Fangled Penalties 1,040
- Moving away from CCH software 900
- Recruitment agencies 525
- QROP pension input amounts 409
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 361
- Deemed Employment Payment 342
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 306
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 216
- fraud 210