I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Recharge for private use of a company car 603 18
- Community awards 2014 - first category 217 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 346 18
- Payment plans for clients 293 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 109 4
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 487 14
- Employee steeling client data 149 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,374 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 195 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 138 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 94 1
- CT600 283 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 225 4
- signature required 924 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 214 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 349 4
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 182 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 95 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 163 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 108 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,312
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 861
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 560
- Credit where credit's due....... 344
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 264
- TheTax Donut 237
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 196
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 188
- Director's business mileage 159
- Sole trader CPD 149