I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Use of home deduction 494 15
- Copy Wanted 665 3
- Tax Relief on Bridging Loan 25 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 848 31
- Non resident income. 237 12
- Company dividends 392 12
- Self Assessment University Superannuation Scheme 58 1
- 11pm and having a blonde moment 81 2
- Losses B/F and Class 4 NIC 176 2
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 531 21
- Software 327 8
- Tax return filed on time but payment late 399 6
- SA late payment penalty 183 3
- Death of taxpayer - personal allowance 297 8
- No codes in Sage 50 Nominal List? 104 1
- Might income tax be payable on these gifts? 108 2
- How Long does it take to get an Agent ID 113 2
- Private Residence Relief after gift 121 3
- Companies House late filing penalties 2,419 81
- Buy to let property : Is parking bay tax deductible ? 264 5
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 853
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 547
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 514
- Latest phishing scam 402
- Entrepreneurs' relief 374
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 334
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 316
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 301
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 213
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 190