I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Retrospectively change VAT scheme? 102 2
- Can interest received be netted against interest paid in this scenario? 71 1
- FreeAgent question 77 1
- CIS monthly returns 157 2
- Goodie bag 1,533 52
- Husband Wife let property 345 9
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 493 12
- Output tax for retailer 311 8
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 266 3
- 13-14 Payroll return needs to be filed 120 2
- Payroll Software & Auto Enrolement 117 1
- CT600 Advice 110 1
- Fair Value Accounting 72 1
- Client incurring expenses on company car 125 4
- can I approach clients ? 387 8
- Companies House Penalties 116 2
- Apostille documents 109 2
- Budget 2015 predictions 538 13
- AE - employees making different contributions 74 1
- Transfer of properties to a limited company stamp duty 335 14
- Possible Partnership? 640
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 517
- New Fangled Penalties 445
- Fuming! 377
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 316
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 254
- Outsource Data Entry 239
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 234
- Moving away from CCH software 226
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 174