I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- Partnership returns software 107 2
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 813 18
- Tasks for new trainees 165 4
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 281 10
- VAT on garage rent 145 9
- Error or mistake claims (as was) 95 1
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 168 3
- Property scam victim 321 5
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 249 6
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 62 1
- Have i messed up? 757 11
- Are HMRC getting it right? 425 8
- 10 year debentures and CT 61 1
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 118 2
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 76 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 84 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 577 15
- Offshore insurance bonds 109 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,657 46
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 272 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,097
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 578
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 384
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 290
- Charge out rates in London? 246
- Interest on Loan to a Company 190
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 175
- Agent fees to sell business 166
- Alphabet shares 163
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 156