I may be called upon to give a reference for a temporary worker who has been reporting to me for about 5 months.
This person has been difficult from day one. They started off by saying that they suffer from some illness which affects their ability to get up each morning and consequently arrives about 15 minutes late each day. Their first task is then to go to the canteen and return with a bacon sandwich and coffee which is consumed at their desk prior to doing any work.
They take over an hour for lunch when the official time is 30 minutes and frequently return from lunch with their lunch which they eat at their desk.
Every request is questioned and they will do the work their way or the stress will trigger a migraine and tears.
I am on a temporary contract myself and this nightmare is off in a few days to inflict their approach on some other poor souls.
So, how honest can a reference be in these pc days? I may not be called to give one but I want to know what can be said and what can't.
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 321 6
- Can Excel sheets be imported into Digita Accounts Production Posting Sheets? 58 1
- Director's current account - fuel costs and expenses 312 11
- Starting up in practice - safety net 138 3
- How to avoid PAYE Registeration 203 4
- Rental property company 103 1
- How quickly do you turn around y/e accounts? 294 7
- Payroo Employer allowance query 251 8
- Enforcing A CCJ 381 7
- RTI 'Late Filing' & paying employees in arrears 152 1
- Reporting no P11d due when PAYE scheme closed by HMRC 5Apr2013 190 2
- Comapny valuation qualifications 145 2
- Ex Client from over 3 years ago 488 5
- Director's tax return 398 8
- Sale of assets - availability of AIA to the purchaser 180 3
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 3,133 34
- Flat rate vat 236 2
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 194 5
- Coming in from the cold 388 3
- Splitting the tax year 189 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 816
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 566
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 434
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 313
- Free Tax Legislation? 289
- Director Loan account operation 269
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 256
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 255
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 234
- Paye procedures for CVA 175