Rental Income Losses
Clients of mine have had rental income over the last 4-5 years. Due to the low levels of rent received they have not been obliged to submit a tax return.
Now however they are both company directors and as such are completing tax returns. My question relates to the previously unreported rental losses. My clients are keen to now include these figures due to the fact that with low interest rates they may start recording rental profits in the future.
Can these now be included in the current tax return as bfwd rental losses?
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,051 36
- Disengagement Help! 1,298 20
- Accounting for stolen van? 78 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 1,140 21
- Capital losses on foreign property 145 1
- Creative Auto Enrolment 674 10
- self employed losses 122 1
- Unpaid fees 401 9
- Vat payable on van 298 2
- Accounting for corporation tax 559 13
- AccountingWEB survey 305 2
- Is self-employment "another job" for PAYE 592 12
- Change PAYE agent address 135 1
- Account and Taxable Profit 558 22
- Save QCD's 321 6
- Tax Calculations 761 11
- Bankstream 1,211 28
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 135 1
- Probate services 590 18
- Cash gift from India 438 12