Rental Income Losses
Clients of mine have had rental income over the last 4-5 years. Due to the low levels of rent received they have not been obliged to submit a tax return.
Now however they are both company directors and as such are completing tax returns. My question relates to the previously unreported rental losses. My clients are keen to now include these figures due to the fact that with low interest rates they may start recording rental profits in the future.
Can these now be included in the current tax return as bfwd rental losses?
- TaxCalc Accounts production 116 2
- Working out private usage for a Taxi Driver? 366 8
- Fines for filing 12 months of FPS on one submission 206 3
- Running two businesses from the same premises 400 5
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 74 2
- Invest in ''buy to let'' property 1,361 42
- How much of your work is admin? 625 5
- Nominal Ledger 388 11
- Gave wrong info to client about tax due 573 20
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 188 2
- Old CGT loss 207 3
- Gov.UK = NOT OK! 180 3
- Paper tax return 156 4
- Start up allowance? 381 12
- Will I need to resign? 203 1
- Penalty for late PAYE registration? 247 3
- AIA or IFA 458 7
- Surely not? 463 10
- Batch input of data to Xero - is there an app? 644 9
- Late Registration for VAT 364 11