Rental Income Losses
Clients of mine have had rental income over the last 4-5 years. Due to the low levels of rent received they have not been obliged to submit a tax return.
Now however they are both company directors and as such are completing tax returns. My question relates to the previously unreported rental losses. My clients are keen to now include these figures due to the fact that with low interest rates they may start recording rental profits in the future.
Can these now be included in the current tax return as bfwd rental losses?
- flat rate scheme 2,432 51
- Importing transactions from VT Cashbook to VT Transaction+ 48 1
- Family Partnership 345 10
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,261 24
- Moving to BTC from Sage Accounts Production 88 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 201 3
- Multiple for fee bank purchase 251 5
- Business lending another business money (UK) 332 9
- Manufacturer cashback on fixed asset purchase 112 1
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 340 7
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 222 5
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 208 6
- Business trips - director and family 439 3
- Signed accounts for bank 693 15
- Rollover relief - No new asset purchased 339 5
- Can I prepare dormant accounts? 245 2
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 126 2
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 887 12
- Deferring dividends on paper 241 5
- VAT Query on new build 147 1