rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Do you lose losses on cessation 265 9
- Child benefit charge 694 8
- Changed Company Year End - CT Penalty 238 9
- Contribution to charity as % of profit 186 9
- CGT on sale of Spanish property 54 1
- Incorrect CIS Invoices from Subcontractors 75 3
- SA800 Returns 127 3
- RTI Annual Scheme 1,234 20
- Non sterling partnership profits, exchange rates and tax 51 1
- Corporation Tax 200 9
- Company name change question... 68 1
- CGT and 2nd property 952 14
- Is there a risk in helping overseas companies that have no intention of doing business in the UK 90 1
- Self Ass. Return 241 3
- Late payment payroll 167 2
- Deferred Tax 220 9
- New Boiler at Rental Property 505 6
- anyone using Office365 for practice management 823 22
- Depreciation 404 8
- Knuckle down one week to go! 424 7
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 812
- Copy Wanted 529
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 482
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 472
- Latest phishing scam 321
- Entrepreneurs' relief 300
- Supply teachers and Ltd Companies 267
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 263
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 261
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 166