rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Am I getting Soft?? 42 5
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 462 14
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 77 1
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,278 8
- RTI and corrections to payroll 1,248 13
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 984 29
- You know its over 401 4
- HMRC BACK AND FORTH FIGHT ON BTL PROPERTY ALLOWANCES 523 9
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 256 13
- Valuing my fast-growing internet business for transfer of goodwill on incorporation 205 2
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 195 2
- What is the amount of dividends received as a shareholder that requires registration for self assessment? 312 3
- Cocaine anyone? 552 8
- Late Registration for VAT 505 13
- EIS/SEIS 167 1
- Amortisation of Goodwill 290 1
- TaxCalc Accounts production 439 5
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 746 10
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 581 10
- ACCA - still making me laugh 606 4
- Hive up 498
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 466
- corporate hierarchy 447
- Advice - 283
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 230
- WWOOFers 225
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 212
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 209
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 188
- Mutual Trading - Exempt CT Income - Do I need clearance? 185