rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- FCA regulated company in a small group 360 1
- Are you going to Xerocon? 1,095 27
- Questions from Liquidator 2,174 23
- Really?! 272 4
- Legal Fees Allowable in dispute 331 7
- Is the CT61 return dead? 115 3
- How did you recalculate your payroll fees 793 10
- Entrepreneur - want to submit accounts by myself 982 14
- HMRC site still hasn't updated for January SA filings 530 8
- SSP and Contractual Sick Pay Query 355 9
- Commercial Premises Purchase using Company Profits 487 13
- Company Car for Owner Director number crunching - is there a ready reckoner? 366 4
- Property letting & CAs 438 1
- Share capital - death of a shareholder 551 18
- Viewing folder contens en masse 288 7
- HMRC time to pay and bailiff letters 491 6
- Separate companies same Director buy from each other 510 10
- Bench-marking software, any ideas? 339 6
- No Contact From Client - When to Disengage? 402 2
- Car benefit or not? 1,656 17
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 696
- 2015 tax year end 423
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 403
- Self employed consultant working in Ireland 336
- Costly Accounting Software contract 280
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 246
- Directors' advances and credits 235
- DTA tie-breaker issue 233
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 213
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 196