rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Starting Again 131 2
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 650 31
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 361 10
- Mortgage Adviser's request 164 4
- CGT on spouse's death 90 1
- Tax relief for networking day out? 394 8
- Payroll software 173 4
- Company UTR numbers 292 6
- Summer house for business only 83 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 97 1
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 559 18
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 133 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 127 3
- How do you count your clients 399 4
- Contractor & possible IR35 152 1
- GASDS What's the rule? 112 1
- Proposal to strike off...... 468 9
- Property Expenses 122 3
- Accrued salary unpaid 169 3
- Calling my southern Brothers. 744 15
- Construction CIS LLP Company 591
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 578
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 375
- Pensions Regulator 345
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 279
- Government Gateway - VAT 275
- Using the correct forms 261
- SA penalty proposals 244
- RTI - duplicate employee record 234
- Accelerated payment notices 227