rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- SA302 360 8
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 459 6
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 395 8
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 428 5
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 372 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 183 2
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 196 5
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,511 41
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 139 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 245 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,246 19
- Go Cardless 399 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 356 3
- Mehjoo 347 2
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 204 4
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 302 13
- Bringing money to Uk 310 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 227 4
- Hmrc software 276 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 228 1
- Xtuple 527
- Qtac payroll for bureau 359
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 303
- Industrial & Provident Societies 296
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 241
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 219
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 219
- Domain name sale and limited company 186
- CIS schemes 183
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 161