rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Not a good start no broadband 235 5
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 375 7
- new software IXBRL and Accounts production? 109 1
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 543 10
- is this fraud? 422 8
- Question regarding gym training 129 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 144 4
- Directors Subsistence 353 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,085 26
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 566 9
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 190 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 410 9
- R&D tax credit claim 153 4
- New company - form a group? 91 1
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 132 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 344 2
- Incorporation Relief 299 6
- Penalty suspension 170 2
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 346 7
- Corporate shareholder question 232 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 563
- Cancelled 337
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 321
- Cancelled 278
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 240
- Probiz 223
- CIS Deductions 180
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 169
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 160
- Car leasing scheme 156