rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Retail vat schemes for a restaurant 124 1
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 255 1
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 277 1
- Ownership of land - declaration of trust 145 3
- Fee base v staff ratio 283 6
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 148 2
- Cash basis 433 11
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,835 27
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 315 3
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 222 2
- Gift in kind to charity by company: services 76 1
- Investor exit 186 3
- Partially exempt? 361 10
- Debtor/creditor set-off 132 1
- Redundancy payment added to p45 396 3
- Undeclared rental income 2,244 22
- CIMA accountant wants to start consultancy 375 4
- Statutory sick pay 243 3
- Overseas bank interest 227 5
- Contractor accommodation expenses 168 1
- Skandia using wrong address 559
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 303
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 300
- Employee rewards 283
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 237
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 221
- Etax Australian 181
- LLP in Construction Industry 146
- Selling On Amazon & Calculatign Prices/Vat 127
- Interest and late payment charges HMRC 125