rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Corp Tax Refund 52 1
- How to cancel a partnership registration for self assessment 607 17
- PPR posers 189 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,520 466
- employment capital allowances 183 1
- RTI penalties coming in from 6/10/14 51 1
- Direct Debit - no receipts 341 6
- Does anyone use quotation software? 225 3
- VAT on Imports 41 1
- Use of home expenses Rent calculation 202 1
- Can't read my handwriting 376 9
- Sole trader - Normal Bank account used for business? 213 2
- Annual PAYE schemes - Moneysoft 104 2
- Who is a Minister of Religion for Tax Purposes? 110 1
- corp tax software 786 11
- Audit partner? 119 3
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,558 71
- Overnight subsistence 134 2
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 665 13
- FL Memo - Any Good 572 9
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,352
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 500
- National Insurance 386
- Non Resident 309
- Hands on experience of Digita 231
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 206
- Employer's Helpline 181
- CIS paid under reg 9 168
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 139
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 134