rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- FILING COMPANY ACCOUNTS 979 29
- Accounts submitted to a the charities comission 55 1
- Project being run jointly 186 3
- Buying Microsoft's Surface Pro 3 297 4
- Companies House 586 9
- Dress code 360 12
- French Excise Duty - Help Please! 119 1
- not self employed since March 2011 now received a penalty for late tax return for year 2012-13 318 11
- Where to start to get any of jobs in Finance and Accounting Industry 721 9
- How much did you pay for your website 1,424 25
- What would you do in this situation? 601 13
- Help Required 384 10
- directors control and tax problems 249 5
- Fastest Software 796 13
- What's in a name ? 357 5
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 277 4
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 462 15
- Bulk Invoicing 186 6
- Travel and Substinance expenses while abroad 171 3
- Self Employed Self Assessment: Capital Allowance and Car Lease/HP 255 2
- CTA study material 712
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 434
- Employment related securities question 273
- AIM Stocks and IHT 251
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 207
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 203
- Recommendations for Ross Martin Tax consultancy 2014 201
- Expat pension contributions? 194
- Trust for Employee 192
- Quickbooks losing VAT return data 164