rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 300 9
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,743 71
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 145 2
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 568 11
- Which software for practice books? 524 20
- Related Parties Note 571 10
- Dazed & confused 338 5
- Law Shipping/Odeon related question 104 2
- Goerge fixes PAs for long period 126 2
- Are HMRC getting it right? 294 7
- trading or dormant 239 6
- Is Hold over relief available? 185 6
- Payroll Liabilities 99 2
- SAGE con 290 6
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 128 4
- Charity reserves 218 5
- Part-time work - advice please? 131 2
- Aggressive HMRC 1,664 18
- Starting an accountancy practice for bachelors? 316 5
- Recommendation for a good website on exchange rate forecast 168 12
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,040
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 563
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 370
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 279
- Charge out rates in London? 219
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 217
- Personal consumption by landlord 189
- Interest on Loan to a Company 177
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 154
- Agent fees to sell business 149