rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Has anyone else come across VAT account suspensions? 48 1
- Should I move back home away from my office? 361 8
- Ceasing in membership of ATT 481 7
- Entrepreneurs Relief 762 43
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 441 8
- Sage payroll alternatives 602 12
- More AE! 642 14
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 69 1
- IT advisory questions? 102 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 90 4
- PAYE 1,584 17
- Scanners 85 1
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 1,097 16
- Relevance of UK Residency 112 2
- VAT Tax Point - Overseas Purchase 109 3
- Invoice dispute 588 5
- DAILY PENALTIES / APPEALS 262 2
- Construction Industry Allowable expenses 422 9
- Property inheritance by overseas resident 98 1
- 2013-14 Tax Return-Transparent Benchmarks? 138 1
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,141
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 792
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 479
- Digita Hosted Software 316
- Credit where credit's due....... 257
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 220
- Director phone costs 219
- General rule: Evidence that the customer is in business 192
- What to say to Tom, Dick and Harry... 163
- Warning for freeagent accountants using payroll import 161