rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 439 5
- See you all on the other side 605 6
- 12Pay 321 2
- dividends 433 2
- R&D 239 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,112 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 397 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 304 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 268 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 496 5
- Seeking a tax case 546 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 415 4
- Companies house strike off 385 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 306 2
- Moving to the cloud 693 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 195 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 837 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 186 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,060 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 440 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 541
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 409
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 360
- IRIS and FRS 102 341
- Capitalising Finance Lease 304
- USA help 304
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 276
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 264
- Capital gains on rental property 246
- Sage Coretime 226