rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 102 2
- Recommendations for payroll/AE software? 586 13
- More HMRC on gov.uk 606 11
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 64 1
- Offshore company transferring assets to a UK individual. 336 14
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 232 4
- Research and development - repayment timescale 215 5
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 87 2
- Sole trader hid directorships. 363 6
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,379 46
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 279 5
- NOVA 546 1
- Clearing payments on account/ Sage 50 260 10
- Regional Development Grant 108 4
- Problem ex client...again.. 2,369 21
- Company car without a salary 220 2
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 386 10
- Charity donations 1,062 21
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 142 2
- VAT on finance leases 198 3
- Bonus Bonds 389
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 376
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 287
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 255
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 184
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 169
- Finance Lease 154
- Company Car Lease 152
- Form 42 147
- Demerger Reserve 129