rental property and claim as PPR
I've two houses - both of which I rent out. I'm caring for my elderly parents, so live in their house with them.
But, in the times when my rental properties are empty, I go live there for say a month in-between tenants to decorate etc. I live there for that month or so.
So, do I need to make a "claim" to the HMRC for periods I live in the rental properties to keep my PPR allowance when I come to sell? Like do I need to build up a "dates rented dates lived in" list?
Or because i live in a property I don't own, can I allocate one of the rental properties as my PPR although it's rented out? Then switch each year or whatever?
If I need to make any claims, will a letter do, or should it be on a specific form?
- How do you get HMRC to refund overpaid PAYE and NIC 413 5
- RTI lost some data on laptop packing up!! 36 1
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 219 4
- Practice Company Secretarial Software recommendations please 136 2
- Does This Company Need To File A Tax Return 125 1
- Is a property owner charging a peppercorn rent to a limited company acceptable 177 5
- Who's going to the next Tick & Bash? 304 4
- HMRC computer behind the times 120 2
- fraud 392 1
- Optimum salary for directors appointed part way through the year 211 3
- Which purchase date should I consider in the asset register 191 2
- UK property, split year non-UK reisdent help 99 1
- VAT on employee loan 362 6
- Interest, surcharges and interest on late payment of tax 160 3
- Travel expenses from Spain to the UK - tax deductible ? 308 9
- Auto enrolment 1,501 14
- Charity requirements to report ALL I&E in accounts 178 3
- Client's company struck off 626 17
- Extension of lease in flat management company 124 1
- Does SMP and SPP go up if leave goes across 2 tax years? 217 7
- QROP pension input amounts 473
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 434
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 411
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 261
- EPS and CIS deductions 253
- Construction CIS LLP Company 244
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 208
- SAGE winforecast 176
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 169
- Managing deliberate defaulters hmrc 160