Rents received in the P&L ??
A property management limited company derives rents from commercial clients in two scenario's :
1) lease agreement between company and clients and between company and landlord
2) lease agreement between landlord and clients
In (2) above the company is simply collecting the rents on behalf of the landlord and paying this straight across. Sometimes a surplus is retained a surplus on rents collected but essentially the company charges the clients an admin/mgt fee for this facility.
In (1) above the company charges the clients rent receivable in excess rents payable to the landlord under there own arrangement/lease agreement. An admin/mgt fee may or may not be charged in addition but fundamentally the profit is derived from the net surplus rents received.
The question therefore is how should this be displayed in the P&L ?? I am assuming that in (2) the income is not reported in the P&L as it is technically not trading income of the company, however in the event of a net surplus can this be combined with the rents received in (1) or are they required to be reported separately in the P&L ??
Note that I am NOT netting-off the rents receivable and payable derived from (1), as this I consider to be trading income and cost of sales of the company.
A little bit complex but hopefully I have made myself clear.
Any advise greatly appreciated.
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 836 28
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,058 29
- directors loan 272 8
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 385 14
- Director registration for SA question 277 11
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 230 3
- New Company reviews please 466 12
- Business only use of company car 608 23
- Holiday pay calculator for client use? 345 4
- CIS not deducted 316 5
- Car Capital Contribution 183 2
- cgt quoted shares losses 211 1
- LLP and corporate members - timing differences impact on corp tax 99 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 209 3
- Money Laundering Manual 264 10
- As I was saying, Its VAT question day 358 8
- VAT with Russia 141 1
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 218 2
- Worst corporate entertaining events? 1,166 9
- CGT on Let Property 241 4
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 285
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 236
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 235
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 211
- Any thoughts on Capium? 204
- Expenses Software 189
- auto enrolment 178
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 168
- How to account for investment in JV? 147
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 146