Rents received in the P&L ??
A property management limited company derives rents from commercial clients in two scenario's :
1) lease agreement between company and clients and between company and landlord
2) lease agreement between landlord and clients
In (2) above the company is simply collecting the rents on behalf of the landlord and paying this straight across. Sometimes a surplus is retained a surplus on rents collected but essentially the company charges the clients an admin/mgt fee for this facility.
In (1) above the company charges the clients rent receivable in excess rents payable to the landlord under there own arrangement/lease agreement. An admin/mgt fee may or may not be charged in addition but fundamentally the profit is derived from the net surplus rents received.
The question therefore is how should this be displayed in the P&L ?? I am assuming that in (2) the income is not reported in the P&L as it is technically not trading income of the company, however in the event of a net surplus can this be combined with the rents received in (1) or are they required to be reported separately in the P&L ??
Note that I am NOT netting-off the rents receivable and payable derived from (1), as this I consider to be trading income and cost of sales of the company.
A little bit complex but hopefully I have made myself clear.
Any advise greatly appreciated.
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 294 9
- Practice management 160 2
- Flat Conversion Allowance 67 1
- Watch out self-assessment scam e-mail 220 4
- Conversion from UK GAAP to IFRS 90 1
- IHT and cash gifts 84 1
- Childcare voucher schemes 143 7
- Clothing 186 4
- VAT registration transfer 160 3
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 591 30
- Sponsorship & VAT 91 1
- CT/CO'S HOUSE DATES ALLIGNMENT 123 2
- Director drawings 407 31
- IRIS opentax login problems?! 325 3
- Online Payroll with Auto Enrolment 103 1
- HMRC SA302s 212 3
- What does the "K" signify 440 7
- Director or self-employed 163 1
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 132 3
- Reporting foreign income in Self-Assessment Tax Return 144 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 909
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 615
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 581
- Latest phishing scam 536
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 380
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 349
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 283
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 202
- Capital allowances in first basis period 192
- Sabbatical payments 179