Rents received in the P&L ??
A property management limited company derives rents from commercial clients in two scenario's :
1) lease agreement between company and clients and between company and landlord
2) lease agreement between landlord and clients
In (2) above the company is simply collecting the rents on behalf of the landlord and paying this straight across. Sometimes a surplus is retained a surplus on rents collected but essentially the company charges the clients an admin/mgt fee for this facility.
In (1) above the company charges the clients rent receivable in excess rents payable to the landlord under there own arrangement/lease agreement. An admin/mgt fee may or may not be charged in addition but fundamentally the profit is derived from the net surplus rents received.
The question therefore is how should this be displayed in the P&L ?? I am assuming that in (2) the income is not reported in the P&L as it is technically not trading income of the company, however in the event of a net surplus can this be combined with the rents received in (1) or are they required to be reported separately in the P&L ??
Note that I am NOT netting-off the rents receivable and payable derived from (1), as this I consider to be trading income and cost of sales of the company.
A little bit complex but hopefully I have made myself clear.
Any advise greatly appreciated.
- Does a UK LTD pay Corporation Tax before sending dividend to Holding Company? 126 3
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 968 47
- New starter error how to correct 102 2
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 242 4
- Summer house for business only 224 2
- Taxi Plate & Car 194 5
- Dividends out of profit where P&L bfwd is in deficit 153 4
- SA316s 250 4
- Director with lots of personal expenses 111 2
- LEL and PAYE registration 131 2
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 598 13
- Filing amended tax return 137 1
- Tier One Tribunal 229 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 841 26
- Prompt Payment Discount (PPD) Vat 2015 - CREDIT PRIOR INVOICE 124 1
- Pooled cars legislation unfairly punitive 142 2
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 265 5
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 170 2
- Another transfer of property 164 2
- VAT on non-denominated postage 231 7
- Construction CIS LLP Company 614
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 600
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 390
- Pensions Regulator 360
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 297
- Using the correct forms 272
- RTI - duplicate employee record 268
- SA penalty proposals 260
- Accelerated payment notices 241
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 238