Rents received in the P&L ??
A property management limited company derives rents from commercial clients in two scenario's :
1) lease agreement between company and clients and between company and landlord
2) lease agreement between landlord and clients
In (2) above the company is simply collecting the rents on behalf of the landlord and paying this straight across. Sometimes a surplus is retained a surplus on rents collected but essentially the company charges the clients an admin/mgt fee for this facility.
In (1) above the company charges the clients rent receivable in excess rents payable to the landlord under there own arrangement/lease agreement. An admin/mgt fee may or may not be charged in addition but fundamentally the profit is derived from the net surplus rents received.
The question therefore is how should this be displayed in the P&L ?? I am assuming that in (2) the income is not reported in the P&L as it is technically not trading income of the company, however in the event of a net surplus can this be combined with the rents received in (1) or are they required to be reported separately in the P&L ??
Note that I am NOT netting-off the rents receivable and payable derived from (1), as this I consider to be trading income and cost of sales of the company.
A little bit complex but hopefully I have made myself clear.
Any advise greatly appreciated.
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 125 4
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 454 9
- Question regarding gym training 79 1
- Directors Subsistence 334 3
- first year company tax return for a limited company 1,029 26
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 555 9
- Gong round in Circles with CT600 176 2
- How long are 64-8s taking these days? 406 9
- R&D tax credit claim 148 4
- Dissolving company to avoid CCJ 359 5
- New company - form a group? 79 1
- Not a good start no broadband 196 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 124 3
- Married woman dies owning marital home 328 2
- Incorporation Relief 295 6
- Penalty suspension 155 2
- is this fraud? 370 7
- reliable alternative to registered ofice required 338 7
- Corporate shareholder question 229 4
- Bartercard 318 4
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 560
- Cancelled 336
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 321
- Cancelled 276
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 240
- Probiz 221
- CIS Deductions 179
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 169
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 160
- Car leasing scheme 154