Reporting and disclosure requirements of a Franchise Fee
Does anyone know the correct accounting treatment and necessary disclosure in the financial statements for a one-off Franchise fee payment. The franchise agreement is for a period of five years. The Franchise agreement can be renewed at the end of five years, however there is no requirement to do so.
It is my opinion, that the Franchise fee paid (£8,500) is an intangible fixed asset and should be written off over 5 years (the term of the franchise agreement) on a straight line basis.
The company is a limited company and qualifies as a small company.
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,081 20
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 120 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 597 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 113 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 113 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 165 1
- How to deal with prior year error 161 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 531 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,340 33
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,050 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 409 4
- Exemption from CGT 239 2
- VAT Registration 249 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 467 14
- Autumn statement predictions 440 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 344 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 193 3
- Moneysoft error 436 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26