Requirement for payslips
What is the legal requirement for payslips.
Scenario thus, owner manager company.
Payroll below tax/NI thresholds.
P35 and P60 prepared and submitted etc.
CSA telling me it is a legal requirement to give an employee payslips, he doesn't want the expense.
ERA 1996 says thus:
8 Itemised pay statement.
(1)An employee has the right to be given by his employer, at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to him, a written itemised pay statement.
(2)The statement shall contain particulars of—
(a)the gross amount of the wages or salary,
(b)the amounts of any variable, and (subject to section 9) any fixed, deductions from that gross amount and the purposes for which they are made,
(c)the net amount of wages or salary payable, and
(d)where different parts of the net amount are paid in different ways, the amount and method of payment of each part-payment.
Call me picky, but to me there is a big difference between a right to be given and a requirement to give.
Answers on a post card please!
- Xmas party 166 2
- What is the best blog for practitioners to follow? 390 8
- Fixed asset registers 322 10
- Tech Champion of the Year 273 6
- Just because it's Friday 334 6
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,373 66
- Inheritance Tax - Simple Question 178 4
- Non-resident employer & employee 111 4
- Capital Allowances 172 4
- equipment rental 224 10
- Acquisition by company 141 5
- Non sequitur 549 7
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 1,522 23
- R&D on products not sold 102 3
- Distance between Postcodes in Excel 951 13
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 203 4
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 656 9
- Transfer of land to family members 115 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 603 11
- The process of issuing dividend? 234 6
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,371
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 437
- Alphabet shares 243
- Agent fees to sell business 231
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 230
- Charge out rates in London 186
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 170
- which entity 151
- UK tax regime 'attractive' to investors, says KPMG 142
- confusion about 141