Requirement for payslips
What is the legal requirement for payslips.
Scenario thus, owner manager company.
Payroll below tax/NI thresholds.
P35 and P60 prepared and submitted etc.
CSA telling me it is a legal requirement to give an employee payslips, he doesn't want the expense.
ERA 1996 says thus:
8 Itemised pay statement.
(1)An employee has the right to be given by his employer, at or before the time at which any payment of wages or salary is made to him, a written itemised pay statement.
(2)The statement shall contain particulars of—
(a)the gross amount of the wages or salary,
(b)the amounts of any variable, and (subject to section 9) any fixed, deductions from that gross amount and the purposes for which they are made,
(c)the net amount of wages or salary payable, and
(d)where different parts of the net amount are paid in different ways, the amount and method of payment of each part-payment.
Call me picky, but to me there is a big difference between a right to be given and a requirement to give.
Answers on a post card please!
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 309 9
- Company Fuel - Reimbursement to avoid Benefit in Kind 25 2
- Software to use 90 3
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 18 1
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 15 1
- Where can I get Quickbooks help 159 6
- Early repayment of CIS deductions - sole trader 70 3
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,485 35
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 93 4
- Rental Property on Self Assessment 93 1
- Discretionary trust reporting 84 1
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 653 15
- Partnership profit share - tax efficient for husband and wife 92 1
- Client change of address for VAT - can't do it online?! 393 7
- Benchmark Scale Rates 69 1
- Rollover relief and private use 101 2
- Annual Investment Allowance (AIA) 221 3
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 881 12
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,824 72
- SAGE con 357 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,062
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 567
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 377
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 284
- Charge out rates in London? 230
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 223
- Personal consumption by landlord 196
- Interest on Loan to a Company 182
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 162
- Agent fees to sell business 151