Residential rental – UPVC windows
Replacing wooden windows that are not broken or falling apart is clearly a capital expenditure.
However the wooden windows would have needed painting at about the same time as they were replaced to prevent them starting to rot, so the cost of painting would have come under “prevent the property from deteriorating”.
So can the cost of the saved painting be offset against revenue while the rest of the costs of the UPVC windows are offset against capital?
- incorrect old p60 533 15
- Company to buy shareholder land 58 4
- Deferred income - financial concern no recognised turnover CT600 167 1
- Posting Corp Tax to Sage Line 50 107 1
- Special dividends & CGT 183 1
- Director's Earnings when Drawing from Goodwill profit from Sole Trading Company sale to Ltd Company 143 1
- Networking 334 5
- Turnover on a tax return 486 10
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,213 33
- VAT refund 275 2
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 265 2
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 296 4
- Corrupt excel .XLSX file 141 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 327 5
- Professional coaching claimable? 268 2
- IT Contractor 281 1
- Sage instant account codes 189 1
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 288 1
- Cashflow forecasting software 329 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,974 19