Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- Accountancy software for an imac 159 4
- Treatment of deferment duty in the correct accounting period 97 2
- Value pricing 2,122 92
- CVA guidance 78 1
- LLP members share of profits 360 20
- SDLT on land 101 4
- Payroll Charging too much Tax? 213 2
- Can UK ACCA Practice prepare accounts for Indian company? 122 2
- why prior period posting will be single entry transaction and it wont have any balance transaction 216 3
- HMRC request for Sage Back Up 1,983 20
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 564 15
- VAT Box 7 and supplies from unregistered traders 411 13
- PAYE Coding Notices 454 7
- March RTI Submission 137 1
- VT accounts licence key 547 9
- SDLT implications on an informal lease 84 1
- Renewable Heat Incentive Income - Taxable? 110 1
- VAT Option to tax 249 1
- From Ireland. Self-Employed or Foreign Income? 104 2
- Current tax asset 140 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 880
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 614
- Free Tax Legislation? 362
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 354
- Director Loan account operation 353
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 312
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 299
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 284
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 272
- Paye procedures for CVA 203