Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 53 1
- SA302 241 4
- Hosted email exchange 161 5
- South African Government Pension 174 1
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 148 3
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 236 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 286 13
- Thinking to start accepting Online Card Payments 153 1
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 229 7
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 139 3
- Stopping trading and de-registering for VAT 269 7
- New Email Extensions 170 1
- Are HMRC cutting out Agents in tax investigations? 294 2
- Dental practice incorpration 143 1
- Audit rules 169 4
- Go Cardless 296 8
- business entertaining deductibility 166 1
- Self assessment tax arrears 210 2
- R & D 114 3
- Shareholder/Directors termination payments 101 1
- Xtuple 503
- Qtac payroll for bureau 338
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 287
- Industrial & Provident Societies 279
- Mehjoo 225
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 165
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 158
- CIS schemes 157
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 144