Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- OBK 404 17
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 89 3
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 61 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,646 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,721 26
- Sage error message 129 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 70 1
- Partially exempt? 147 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 471 5
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 136 3
- Mileage claim 216 9
- Proof of Delivery 232 8
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 92 4
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 523 1
- Difference of Sales Invoices and Bank receipts for Sales 337 8
- VAT on converted property having opted to tax 228 9
- Property expense - legal fees 155 3
- Research expenses for authors 277 6
- Investor exit 83 1
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 133 3
- Skandia using wrong address 460
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 268
- Employee rewards 247
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 246
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 215
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 205
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 201
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 187
- Etax Australian 160
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 148