Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- New starter - tax code 168 6
- The importance of Grammar 877 23
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 82 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,675 60
- PI cover 75 2
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 249 3
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 109 2
- HMRC site down ? 142 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 134 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 191 3
- Xero Pain Points 249 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 92 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 108 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 154 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 369 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 147 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 586 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 231 3
- Childcare 270 4
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 812 19
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 284
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 220
- S222 Charge 200
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 194
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 189
- Company Structure 170