Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 501 10
- Rental losses on jointly owned property 118 3
- Personal Tax 716 13
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 122 2
- Stumped - IHT 94 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 400 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 465 11
- Tips on meals 131 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,277 33
- Credit management tools 110 1
- property capital gains 112 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 768 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 373 7
- CGT and primary residence 153 1
- Marriage Allowance 250 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,142 12
- S455 and February year ends 308 7
- HMRC having technical difficulties 881 18
- Closing down loss-making company 444 5
- S.455 Tax again 285 3