Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- Deleted question? 213 2
- Why would they want his purchase invoices?? 897 24
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,243 34
- Accountancy Career 508 11
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,097 22
- MAAT vs ACCA 505 9
- EU VAT Registration Thresholds 91 5
- Vat on Payments on Account 39 1
- IHT 205 partnership and business interests 108 3
- Yorkshire Day 318 20
- calculation DTR restriction 150 4
- Company Limited Liability vs Public Liability Insruance 57 1
- Company no longer showing on Companies House web site 145 4
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,865 45
- Group Audit Thresholds 405 12
- Flat rate VAT 259 5
- Client payment options 94 1
- Benefit in Kind - Clothing - PPE 120 1
- Help with HMRC investigation 471 8
- Best apps for clients 961 7
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 555
- Cancelled 440
- Cancelled 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 364
- Probiz 343
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 343
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 249
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 222
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 211
- More spam 173