Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 181 5
- Companies House 48 2
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 72 3
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 90 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 363 7
- Company Pension Contributions 235 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 143 4
- Expenses allowable 122 3
- How to Value a Business 442 8
- Let Property Campaign 368 6
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 494 11
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 110 1
- Self employment trap - pension 329 3
- Awkward IP 597 9
- ESC A19 115 2
- When does my Property business start 259 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,529 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 862 19
- Preparing a consolidated TB 225 5
- Company Pension Contributions 2013/14 1,241 20
- CTA study material 593
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 590
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 364
- Employment related securities question 221
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 194
- ATED Penalties 192
- AIM Stocks and IHT 174
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 129
- Trust for Employee 124
- Expat pension contributions? 124