Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- How do you integrate prepaid expenses in to the cash conversion cycle? 54 2
- Family Partnership 242 6
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 161 4
- Problems viewing AWeb posts 90 2
- flat rate scheme 2,325 47
- Signed accounts for bank 640 14
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 829 12
- Business lending another business money (UK) 290 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 169 5
- VAT Query on new build 102 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 138 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 146 4
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 93 1
- P11D Car Value 259 6
- NOVA declaration 104 1
- Business valuation advice 709 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,508 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,226 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 293 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,110 26