Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- Outsourcing iXBRL Tagging 138 7
- Use of home for storage 167 4
- Negativer Payslip Request 76 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 8,692 328
- Anyone out there with charity accounts experience 195 10
- Late filing penalty for personal tax return. Reasonable excuse 160 7
- where has the honest passion to help gone..??? 431 12
- Mortgage deposit Gift 323 16
- Amending Share Capital 160 6
- Family loan 965 13
- Getting VAT right for a sole trader pilot 94 4
- FIFA game and making money 1,026 10
- Loan to a related company 325 14
- Being Tax relevant 529 7
- About to buy a block of fees. Any advice? 973 4
- What should I do for 'free' 438 5
- planning to be self employed bookkeeper what do i need to do before i start? 502 7
- Payroll provider 327 6
- Partnership to Sole Trader 116 2
- Umbrella Company 88 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,162
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 383
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 303
- National Insurance 293
- Payments on account coded out?? 256
- valuation of intangible asset FRS10 and FRS20 248
- Cass 5 FCA Client Money Software recomendation 227
- Unnecessary S9A Enquiries 217
- Non Resident 203
- Franchise income and costs 190