Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- Data Protection and emailing documents 1,092 16
- UK Tax Treatment of Finance Lease Payments 72 1
- Can I zero rate the VAT? 17 1
- Taxfiler V's BTC 585 23
- Goods Purchased for Rental 478 28
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,970 25
- Does anyone have a formula to compare employment to self-employment rates? 414 8
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 741 25
- Valuation of business 298 5
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 148 7
- Dividend Payments 402 10
- I.d for vat registration 165 7
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 129 4
- builder's 'cost only' job 163 1
- Myfirmsapp 626 13
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 279 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 180 3
- CIS Deductions 137 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,692 40
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 173 3
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,009
- International interest certificate 588
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 512
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 355
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 333
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 227
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 222
- Quickbooks 2015 152