Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 548 23
- another ir35!!!! 126 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 198 1
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 781 11
- Settlement, or any other issues? 55 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 70 3
- Buying blocks of fees 333 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 260 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 156 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 134 1
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 251 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 119 1
- Wear and tear allowance 302 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 638 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 117 3
- tax insider 378 5
- Tax on sale of shares 89 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 223 2
- late payroll registration 97 1
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 492 18
- Skandia using wrong address 1,422
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 734
- Any views 668
- HMRC Employers Diary 498
- International interest certificate 412
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 371
- Sale of business 325
- NOVA 233
- Advertising services? 222
- IRIS Open Books problem 214