Resign from ICAEW?
I bet the ICAEW website has some useful information and I'll mosey along there, but I'm interested in views from the folks on here - current members, ex-members, never-been-members.
My job, while notionally in finance, is more about maintaining accounting systems and much less about actual financial reporting or even book-keeping! CPD is a joke - nothing I can learn from the available courses has any relevance to my work. I get nothing of real value from my institute - not their fault.
My qualification wasn't even of much interest to my current employer when they offered me the job - as a demonstration of being able to attain such a qualification that's fine but they see little value in retaining it. Of course if I change jobs then maybe I'll regret giving up my membership, although I think 5+ years not really being an accountant is more relevant than a qualification I earned 15 years ago. When you've been working for 20 years surely experience counts for much more.
The other thing that worries me is how easy (or not) it is to resign. I think I've seen accounts before of indifference from the ICAEW (typically when members resign complaining of the heavy compliance burden of being a small practicioner) but can't help wondering if I'll be bombarded with questions.
I don't take resignation lightly, and would welcome any thoughts...
- Company Secretarial Software 1,341 29
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 21 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 104 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 242 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,550 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,899 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,897 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 53 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 110 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 156 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 449 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 80 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 79 1
- Tax position re this lease? 149 2
- VAT on Training Courses 135 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 134 2
- Self employed travel expenses 158 3
- which software 383 4
- Filing Dormant LLPs with Companies House 77 1
- Is a tax return required - rental income? 405 4
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 271
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 255
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 165