Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- NALS Accountants Report 86 1
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,456 35
- Legal title not in the company name 256 10
- Dividend dates 550 10
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 111 3
- Sole properietor 155 4
- transitioning payroll 225 8
- dividend proposals 90 2
- How to reclaim VAT that was missed off previous invoices? 220 2
- Deduction from Salary 283 8
- PPR exemption - can it be due on a bigger area than 0.5 hectares? 179 2
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 2,712 60
- Child Tax Credits - date of cessation of qualifying young person 81 2
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 433 10
- ACCA Cert/Dip in IFRS 156 2
- 12 Pay Problems 248 3
- VAT online filing exemptions 247 3
- Mutual trading organisation has chargeable gain 86 1
- Redudancy 91 1
- Redundancy pay for directors? 483 13
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 621
- Cancelled 362
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 342
- Cancelled 310
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 282
- Probiz 271
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 230
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 227
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 202
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 175