Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,485 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 160 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 111 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 294 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 239 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,240 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 373 6
- Go Cardless 388 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 335 3
- Mehjoo 339 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 163 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 418 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 201 4
- SA302 350 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 298 13
- Bringing money to Uk 305 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 223 4
- Hmrc software 267 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 207 1
- Hosted email exchange 197 5
- Xtuple 526
- Qtac payroll for bureau 358
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 302
- Industrial & Provident Societies 295
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 239
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 217
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 217
- Domain name sale and limited company 185
- CIS schemes 180
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 157