Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- I have let a client go as it wasnt worth the hassle, 2,019 19
- JUDGE FRAUD ALERT 25 1
- TaxCalc - A Return to Form 371 6
- Should a non trustee sign Scottish charity accounts? 116 1
- How do we get US withholding tax back? 188 3
- CIS Subcontractor Catch Twenty Two Position after 14 years 87 1
- FPS or EPS 124 2
- Can I record depreciation, prepayments and accrued expenses in cash accounting? 250 3
- Continuity of Practice 183 2
- IRIS Professional Yearend 119 2
- Letting Agents - requirement for audit of clients accounts 309 10
- Scams are not always obvious 2,202 34
- Financial statements accounting policies 243 5
- Does Members voluntary liquidation require change of year end 154 3
- Market Value/Connected Persons 293 10
- Online Downtime 336 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 328 3
- What do you all do in your spare time? 793 31
- Personal allowance 674 15
- Google contacts sharing within our domain 448 6
- Moving away from CCH software 948
- QROP pension input amounts 437
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 380
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 355
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 323
- fraud 283
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 252
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 221
- Construction CIS LLP Company 209
- EPS and CIS deductions 196