Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Which tax returns can I submit? 173 5
- Cocaine anyone? 897 15
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 258 5
- Vat on new builds 63 1
- Using home as clients registered address 238 5
- VAT MOSS registration 98 1
- Anyone else still working this week? 471 15
- How much does the company pay 822 35
- HMRC property income enquiry 457 10
- Proof of identification 134 2
- When to provide S419 tax in the accounts 162 4
- Sole Trader change of accounting date 125 1
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 309 5
- Childcare vouchers 375 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 107 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 100 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 95 1
- two business from one premises 197 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 76 1
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 380 4
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 516
- corporate hierarchy 480
- Advice - 333
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 281
- WWOOFers 269
- The booking.com con 257
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 255
- Cocaine anyone? 238
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 232
- UK State pension paid in NZ 182