Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 346 13
- capital gains on PPR 223 12
- Claiming depreciation on a company vehicle 143 7
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,780 441
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TAX EFFICIENT WAY TO SELL 40% SHARES IN YOUR START UP BUSINESS FOR APPROXIMATELY 1 MILLION POUNDS 114 2
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,283 62
- Company expansion 74 1
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 367 6
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 159 3
- Pension Contributions Relief 488 15
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 514 8
- 100% Xero practice 2,471 46
- Fees for Property Tax Return 236 6
- Can I calculate a total amount on my freelance tax relief? 158 1
- Separating business for VAT purposes 147 2
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 290 9
- PRR 365 13
- 40% rule for travel expenses 404 11
- Cash injection by shareholder 316 7
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 439 20
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,314
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 480
- National Insurance 369
- Non Resident 296
- Franchise income and costs 260
- Hands on experience of Digita 214
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 192
- Employer's Helpline 165
- employment capital allowances 161
- CIS paid under reg 9 157