Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 244 7
- Would this save hours of your time? 387 9
- Wrong career 434 18
- Laptop purchase 1,365 20
- PTP software disaster 234 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 165 4
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 212 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 94 2
- Director's tax return 204 3
- Tricky VAT question 157 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 106 2
- VT accounts licence key 247 5
- Weely paid employees 215 2
- Splitting the tax year 90 1
- FPS Submission 144 2
- Value pricing 642 20
- non resident receiving UK dividends 208 3
- P11d & Medical Ins 136 1
- vat return 226 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 179 3
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 412
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 291
- Free Tax Legislation? 258
- Director Loan account operation 238
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 235
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 235
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 228
- Paye procedures for CVA 159