Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 113 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 455 13
- Coding Notice 220 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 233 6
- New business - journal entries 391 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 219 3
- Payroll software 638 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 254 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 389 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 724 18
- B2B vat in the EU 182 4
- VAT on Hire Purchase 139 1
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 196 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 225 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 191 4
- LLP as member of LLP 134 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,825 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 501 7
- Vat 302 7
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,301 13
- Auto enrolment excuses 852
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 718
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 404
- Social investment tax relief 218
- Digita Hosted Software 212
- Call Centre Data Costs 199
- accounting for this transaction 183
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 171
- Travel costs and contractors 166
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 161