Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- HMRC Post 571 8
- Time to ditch Sage? 415 8
- First director's salary payment 3 months after ltd company formation 165 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 437 8
- Fees 445 5
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 509 17
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 284 3
- www.pool.adzio 148 2
- Losses carry forward to self employed 173 2
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,874 43
- Agent Authorisation Issue 280 3
- Transactions with directors 474 3
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 309 9
- Non VAT invoices 243 4
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 252 2
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,433 32
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 273 5
- Form 17 Download 193 1
- Claiming VAT on car lease 593 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 408 4
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 766
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 418
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 370
- Electric Car 303
- S222 Charge 250
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 213
- IP trans to holding company 196
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 190
- AIA 187
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 182