Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 372 5
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,183 30
- Treatment of private ambulances on introduction to business 156 4
- New Company reviews please 636 16
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 1,088 33
- Business only use of company car 748 27
- Voluntary Disclosure 411 8
- Gift to son by parents 176 1
- valuation of vehicles 495 19
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 294 4
- Director Salaries - Sole Director Limited Company who is also employed elsewhere 195 1
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 420 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 467 4
- BTC is slow 315 3
- Director registration for SA question 538 17
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 476 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 522 22
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 534 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 371 4
- VAT with Russia 292 2
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 327
- Any thoughts on Capium? 268
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 263
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 249
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 229
- auto enrolment 203
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 188
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 175
- How to account for investment in JV? 168
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 159