Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 88 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 202 10
- Incorrect Generic non-filing notice 86 1
- Added years superannuation 71 2
- Giving a seminar 539 30
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 202 1
- JIEB Exams 137 1
- RTI 102 1
- Christmas party 115 1
- Am i Liable? 142 4
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 746 10
- Checking a contract 296 8
- Flat Rate Scheme 313 15
- Altered PAYE cheque 238 5
- deleting customers on Sage 50 162 7
- VAT on garage rent 327 14
- Value-shifting 79 1
- Pattern for CTA 212 4
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 455 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 84 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,220
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 609
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 410
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 316
- Alphabet shares 192
- Agent fees to sell business 190
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 183
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 177
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 167
- Office recharges 150