Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Dividends from UK plc - tax years and dates 73 2
- Help 126 9
- What do people do with signed accounts/engagement letters/tax returns? 201 9
- Where has Portia gone? 5,022 109
- Overlap profit 290 7
- Moneysoft or Sage payroll with auto enrolment? 315 6
- RTI Payroll ID 2,059 25
- What is the correct Vat treatment and rate to use to record a business stay in a hotel in the EU? 118 1
- Payments on account 174 2
- Recurring Revenue/Costs occurred before registering, how do I handle this? 71 1
- What do your junior staff do? 521 7
- OMG HMRC !!!! Employ some ppl!! 644 12
- Keeping disastrous accounts 410 5
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 531 10
- VAT Exemptions for Dance Education 128 1
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,940 74
- In pratice using part time accountants 345 3
- On the high seas 112 1
- Entrepreneurs Relief Shares Received as Part of Divorce Settlement 145 2
- Spousal transfer and PPR 856 34
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 852
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 444
- Sanzar 340
- How do you do it 336
- Digital marketing focus group 311
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 295
- Bed & Breakfast trade via Limited Company 209
- Fit for purpose 202
- new investor structure 198
- VAT Registration 180