Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Simple consolidation question 38 1
- Capital Gain? 470 13
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 970 27
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 86 4
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 393 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 196 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 230 5
- break even point 553 16
- How much to charge? 113 2
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 64 1
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 116 4
- IHT Query 212 4
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 367 9
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 426 2
- BrightPay 683 22
- 3 Days Grace for late FPS's? 236 3
- What are CIS subcontractor clients worth to you ? 441 8
- Gift or Capital Gain? 376 11
- SDLT on leases 133 1
- Is practising Certificate needed 396 7
- Possible Partnership? 458
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 434
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 424
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 225
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 220
- Clubs and Taxable Income 214
- Income tax on foreign dividends 206
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 205
- New Fangled Penalties 203
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 176