Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Introduction of Goodwill 168 5
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 144 4
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 258 10
- Associated companies - CT small profits relief 139 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 726 19
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 377 12
- Money transfers between companies owned by one person 189 9
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 313 11
- Sage 50 (2010) 90 2
- ideas for a bonus scheme for accountants 377 3
- Recommendation of US tax adviser? 86 1
- Notes to statutory accounts 312 15
- Two clients (married to each other) disappeared from client list 387 9
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 125 2
- HMRC VAT misstatement disclosure 90 1
- VAT Registration 451 19
- Tax Credit Overpayment 271 9
- Property Expenses - Allowable 141 1
- Entrepreneurs' relief for trustees - receipt of rent 123 2
- Tax advice person/business 148 1
- Skandia using wrong address 1,536
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 845
- International interest certificate 464
- NOVA 322
- Subby expenses subject to tax & NI? 220
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 214
- Bonus Bonds 203
- Management expenses for investment company 199
- DOUBLE TAXATION RELIEF BETWEEN A PRIVATE LTD COMPANY AND GREECE (the private Ltd has no employees and its main activity is 188
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 176