Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Goods Purchased for Rental 354 13
- builder's 'cost only' job 56 1
- accounts & tax software for small accountancy firms 654 23
- Myfirmsapp 597 13
- Valuation of business 244 4
- CGT implications for gift of shares to connected person 102 4
- Dividend Payments 343 9
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 55 2
- I.d for vat registration 107 6
- Filing past due corporation tax returns 268 1
- Completing Self-Assessment for a Director of Owner Managed Business 146 3
- CIS Deductions 101 2
- SA302's anyone?? 2,637 40
- Accounting for VAT not yet paid in year end 119 3
- Loan to Partnership is s455 tax relevant? 468 17
- Legal Counsel PC costs 67 1
- High Income Child Benefit 125 2
- Fees for sale 354 6
- Incorporation - any tax advantage? 2,615 24
- Share premium or Directors Loan 654 28
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 1,007
- International interest certificate 586
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 506
- NOVA 470
- Bonus Bonds 354
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 327
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 257
- Payment for Promotional Samples 225
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 221
- Quickbooks 2015 145