Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- The stupidity continues 453 18
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 159 5
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 85 1
- transactions after account have been closed 98 3
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,316 25
- New Employers Helpline 183 4
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 174 3
- Software recommendations 242 1
- Share transfer question 360 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 296 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 158 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,409 19
- Overlap relief 751 19
- What is IRIS World like? 352 8
- Pension contributions 369 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 485 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 183 1
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 477 9
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 268 8
- Free project management software with Gantt charts, preferably on-line 206 1
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 436
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 431
- WIP Software 294
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 287
- No payroll scheme in place 231
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 228
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 205
- Is there anything wrong with this? 198
- Small Part Disposal of Property 182
- Uncommercial property business 176