Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 299 2
- Client Paperwork Retention? 508 12
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 363 9
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 256 1
- Very large share capital by mistake 209 1
- Reimbursing director travel costs 412 6
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,977 45
- Love is in the air 320 3
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,699 20
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 241 8
- Allegedly ICAS most of us at 50 should pack up - Interesting 400 8
- Sage 50 VAT Return 246 2
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 522 1
- Paying Son 657 18
- HMRC accounting 386 3
- Employers NI allowance 462 6
- Dividend taxation 390 3
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 189 2
- Tax Overlap Reporting 274 3
- Buy to Let Property! Shell I buy or not? 456 4
- DTA tie-breaker issue 295
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 277
- CGT for NOn UK residents 276
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 269
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 249
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 235
- Apprenticeship Levy 231
- Capital Gains personal representatives 215
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 209
- Mandating Rental income or dividend income to a company 189