Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 982 42
- Adding shop sales to sage 22 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 674 26
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 244 7
- self assessment repayment requesto 536 10
- Capital Gains Relief 184 6
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 99 3
- Two weeks grace on self assessment where repayment is due? 209 4
- HMRC SA302s 45 1
- Amend tax return? 83 1
- Investment from Friend 202 10
- Receipt bank 359 8
- Trading lossess & non trading co & investment income 68 1
- Do we have to register for VAT? 501 10
- Self Assessment and P11D 174 4
- Director remuneration £1000 only in year. paye registration required? 352 4
- Company dividends 553 15
- Directors Salary and Self Assessment (PAYE) 109 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,203 15
- TRONC scheme 113 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 882
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 585
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 546
- Latest phishing scam 481
- Entrepreneurs' relief 429
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 353
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 327
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 251
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 251
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 175