Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Company Secretarial Software 1,355 30
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 628 9
- Proceeds of Overseas Property Sale - Any Tax Implications 219 7
- Real names 1,056 33
- Tools for conversion OST to PST files 27 1
- FRS to standard - check my understanding 107 2
- Tick & Bash Bristol 249 5
- What are options for non CA firm 1,554 19
- sole trader employing his girlfriend 1,915 17
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 1,907 11
- Can Sage 50 Forecasting work with Excel 2013 or Office 365 59 1
- What do "Former Contracted Out" rebates mean 112 1
- Downloads EU VAT from 1/1/15 158 4
- Do I need to pay Capital Gain Tax 455 22
- Are pre trading lossess able to be off set if the company does not trade? 87 2
- Accounting for VAT on an EU Acquisition 82 1
- Tax position re this lease? 154 2
- VAT on Training Courses 137 2
- No VAT apportionment on tools on hand at registration? 135 2
- Self employed travel expenses 164 3
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 577
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 451
- Accounting for Insurance Premium Financing 351
- IFA incorporation 335
- Sorry ignore me 316
- Moving into own BTL property - allowable costs 271
- Will Ni be payable on the salary I receive abroad ? 265
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 256
- Cancelled 197
- property ownership between husband wife three taxpayers 165