Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Help with CGT please 113 3
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 582 21
- How much does the company pay 135 3
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 891 12
- BA Cabin Crew Employment Expenses 1,481 5
- Lack of VAT Receipt 148 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 319 6
- Benefit in Kind 325 6
- How do you find shareholders of a Cyprus Company ? 328 17
- Will I need to resign? 962 11
- Cocaine anyone? 692 11
- HMRC won't let me set up online DD for PAYE 263 4
- Anyone using BTC Accounts Production yet? 180 4
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 207 3
- Allocation of Receipt from DWP 185 2
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 739 13
- Personal pension 462 9
- Business rates consultancy 279 4
- Wrong tax code 206 6
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 126 2
- Hive up 525
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 480
- corporate hierarchy 460
- Advice - 303
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 251
- WWOOFers 247
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 226
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 204
- The booking.com con 195
- Cocaine anyone? 180