Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Interprise software 74 1
- TAX, VAT and non-UK residence 498 19
- Charity accounting 262 6
- Outsourcing Payroll 88 1
- sage 109 3
- Separate Pay runs for salary and commission 152 4
- Bank Requesting clients' tax residence 1,050 13
- ATT Exam tips and study help 206 4
- NO SUCH THING AS UNQUALIED ACCOUNTANT 135 1
- FBI2 200 3
- Double entry 169 4
- Companies House 148 3
- Small house in garden 148 1
- THE PUBLIC SECTOR SUCKS 148 2
- Clients 923 18
- can a dormant company make an employer pension contribution? 290 12
- Manually amending PAYE Code Number in HMRC Basic PAYE Tools 150 5
- Accountants not providing all required information 281 4
- Director's personal expenses paid by the Company 312 5
- Sage 50 - How do I find the column headings when I export to CSV 131 5
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 539
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 470
- EPS and CIS deductions 328
- Sole trade business in UK, but the owner works from EU 311
- Construction CIS LLP Company 302
- Stamp duty on house transfer between spouses 296
- Tax Investigation - Employee Travel 264
- Overdrawn director account 219
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 205
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 200