Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Who can I refer leads to? 142 2
- Easiest and quickest way to reopen dissolved company, for the purposes of having access to funds in the bank account. 174 6
- Engagement letter 124 2
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 107 3
- Minutes & Dividend Vouchers 265 7
- How do you account in the VAT return for 266 4
- Abortive legal fees deductible on sale? 85 2
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 126 3
- Signing Accounts for Mortgage Reference 162 2
- Missing accountant! 1,365 6
- ACCA qualified but not enough 1,030 18
- Sage Import Data 151 3
- Australian dividend 88 1
- Wages paid into another persons bank account 481 9
- Private Healthcare Benefit In Kind 95 3
- Can a director pay for their childs tuition through the company 572 13
- updating shareholdings on companies house 76 1
- Spanish Tax Return 200 6
- Dividend Vouchers 225 3
- National Insurance. 254 2
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 420
- CTA study material 385
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 282
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 262
- Pre incorp expenses 237
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 212
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 205
- Slight twist on employment related securities 192
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 136
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 134