Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- QBO VAT box 2 and 4 114 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 593 25
- Transfer of a trade WITHOUT assets? 101 1
- Amend a 2010/11 return 97 1
- Advanced SMP, but employee returns to work early 154 1
- How to deal with prior year error 145 2
- Repaying Directors Loans within 9 months 523 19
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,334 33
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,071 19
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,044 20
- Tax Calculations 657 10
- Tax Fines - HMRC 402 4
- Exemption from CGT 226 2
- VAT Registration 238 3
- Digita Users - Can you please confirm? 466 14
- Autumn statement predictions 427 8
- ACCA Practising Certificate Holder 329 4
- How to claim relief under a Double Taxation Agreement 185 3
- Moneysoft error 434 7
- Repaying Directors loan by transferring an asset 649 26