Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Flat Rate Job Expenses 88 1
- Categories on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 268 4
- Annual director payments for a small limited company 239 5
- Relevant life plan 226 6
- Flat Rate VAT - reclaiming VAT on Capital Purchase (bought on lease hire) 142 4
- The return 939 28
- Directors loan - no longer a director 112 1
- Why .... 543 6
- HMRC Unpaid Debt Collector 521 10
- Any advice on large 55 inch + computer monitor 148 1
- Pylon compensation - what am I missing? 385 6
- NI Contributions in order to claim state pension 466 10
- Limited Company expenses 291 7
- Formating cells in Excel 277 6
- UK taxation of income from property in Cyprus 192 4
- Advice needed for Annual Accounting Period - companies house 295 8
- Tax relief for backdated pension contributions 613 17
- Freehold Property Depreciation 358 15
- VAT - E-commerce site (middle man only) - like Not on the high street 116 2
- More Auto enrolment (sorry) 723 2
- Possible Partnership? 578
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 494
- New Fangled Penalties 384
- Clubs and Taxable Income 312
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 286
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 235
- Loans to other companies 234
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 200
- Outsource Data Entry 192
- Moving away from CCH software 178