Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- IT advisory questions? 253 7
- signature required 531 22
- Use of home query 60 1
- Pratice Management Software 154 2
- How can I deal with an unethical accountant? 226 6
- Error in audited accounts 62 1
- Vat registration exception 197 3
- CIS software 73 2
- Homing sandwiches 467 11
- CT600 122 3
- Director appointment not valid - any observations? 180 7
- Settlement discount 144 4
- Director Personal Bank Account in company's books 516 9
- How do I undo the work of a Macro in Excel 184 5
- A number of Clearbooks VAT return issues! 173 2
- VAT on hotel payments received in advance 133 2
- Norwegian p45, which UK Tax return does it go into 216 10
- Left UK in 2006 but did not declare rental income since 2009 136 1
- VAT rate charged by surveyor 190 2
- Related Party Transactions 129 2
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,245
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 816
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 523
- Digita Hosted Software 339
- Credit where credit's due....... 314
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 238
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 197
- TheTax Donut 181
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 162
- Corporation Tax return - more than one trade 162