Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- KPMG email campaign and impact on market 1,246 20
- How to avoid a bankruptcy 504 13
- Incapable of reading 98 1
- How to pay national insurance 133 2
- Overlap relief 456 12
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 98 1
- Related party - Transaction with sole director’s father 71 1
- Dormant payroll 837 9
- Form 17 - legal ownership requirements 171 5
- Can I get around an ostrich director? 125 1
- "Can your client afford the following" 1,328 21
- Why won't CH validate accounts? 624 13
- PPR exemption on separation 144 1
- P11DX: change of requirement by HMRC 1,545 10
- Selling a practice 328 4
- Intercompany loans 109 1
- How do I create a tax journal from my corporation tax return? 171 3
- Limited Company 336 11
- Sage renewals and terminations 129 1
- Suspicious debt recovery offer? 212 1
- Theatre Tax Relief 442
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 345
- Windows 10 on-going support ... 335
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 311
- Perkbox 274
- Compensation - Taxable or not then CGT or IT 242
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 242
- Self Assessment - What to enter on the return 231
- Document Management Systems 215
- WIP Software 199