Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Moneysoft Payroll 197 4
- Capital Allowance on Vehicles - CT600 117 2
- Introduction of assets to Limited Company (Comic Books) 276 11
- Has Microsoft taken a huge bite out of Apple 925 20
- Seeking advice: Do you pay tax on donations if you are not a registered charity? 253 4
- Practicing without a Practicing Certificate 937 14
- Buying a company for £20,000 from owner how it works? 476 7
- BTL property and holdover or other relief 173 4
- Client right to working papers 1,546 11
- vat gross margins 191 2
- Employer PAYE Refund 215 4
- e mail 216 1
- Auto enrolment 582 9
- HMRC Debt collectors 1,358 6
- VAT on new build property 165 2
- Auto enrolment 302 9
- SAGE 50 2011 165 1
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 1,638 36
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 1,881 22
- Loss on sale of goodwill 226 2
- NHS finance professionals 672
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 413
- Foreign Pension Contribution 383
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 369
- vat gross profit percentage margins 367
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 355
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 315
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 283
- Management reporting dashboards and cloud accounting 243
- IFA income recognition & reporting 215