Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Fees 27 1
- Do you use commercial software for Self Assessment tax returns? 182 6
- Travel is part allowable if combined with personal holiday 49 1
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 217 5
- ACCA Special Business Resolutions... 153 2
- Non VAT invoices 57 1
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 213 7
- Form 17 Download 63 1
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 1,331 31
- Claiming VAT on car lease 530 28
- Small hotel - food for personal use 363 4
- HMRC Information notice 977 24
- Recommendations for online payroll software 259 3
- Accountant Specialization. 361 5
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,734 42
- Sage Line 50 160 3
- Off topic slightly - any football fans out there? 159 1
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 427 6
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 388 7
- Seafarer's Earnings Deduction 157 1
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 751
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 410
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 362
- Electric Car 297
- S222 Charge 242
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 199
- IP trans to holding company 192
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 179
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 172
- AIA 171