Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- iris update 11.9.2 369 6
- Anyone having problems with Taxfiler 527 18
- Tax Planning for Family and Owner-Managed Companies 2015/16 535 8
- Sports Sponsorship 214 2
- Divorcing husband, both 50% owners of a Ltd business 343 7
- Annual Return for company for whom director/shareholder has died 102 2
- Paid too much !! 394 3
- New (non resident) client not filed in 20 years 229 2
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 125 3
- Credit against UK NI for NI paid to EEC Countries 244 1
- will this work for IHT 268 2
- Best software for small practice? 677 20
- Auto enrolment confusion 1,768 39
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 336 7
- Taxfiler been down since mid-afternoon 278 5
- Gifting Shares to a Limited Company 158 1
- Company separation for Wholesale & Retail businesses 128 1
- Selling a VAT Qualifying vehicle at a loss 137 1
- Paying dividends to Ordinary shares with different nominal values 487 15
- 2012 13 HMRC QUERY 757 11
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 771
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 456
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 276
- DTA tie-breaker issue 264
- Tax on internet ad sharing income 251
- CGT for NOn UK residents 226
- Apprenticeship Levy 203
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 195
- Capital Gains personal representatives 184
- Just checking re PSA 178