Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 1,427 25
- Do I need a smartphone? 1,991 70
- Company valuation for IHT purposes 210 5
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,951 47
- inflation rate year on year 186 4
- Accounts Question 158 5
- Deleted question? 767 19
- What are options for non CA firm 3,220 67
- MAAT vs ACCA 730 13
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 669 3
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 461 4
- VAT Return Errors 205 2
- Adjustment to previous self assessments 166 5
- Yorkshire Day 623 38
- Principal Private Residence relief on two semis knocked together 202 4
- Subcontractor and CIS Deductions made by Contractor 389 16
- Entrepreneurs relief sale of business to two different buyers?? 154 3
- SMP reclaimable by employer 300 7
- Agent help line - long queues? 243 4
- the umbrella scheme for PAYE 161 1
- Cancelled 471
- Cancelled 388
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 379
- Probiz 359
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 265
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 239
- Another HMRC computer glitch? 235
- More spam 184
- Does anyone have SCI unit contact details? 162
- Employee Benefit Trust 154