Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 28 2
- tax credits 36 3
- Who owns SAGE Data? 475 10
- Sage 50 Customer Statements and Running Balances 193 1
- EC VAT 220 10
- Land Opt to Tax - VAT scope 204 7
- Musician deductible expenses 85 1
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there....accountants need to help other accountants out :) 411 17
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 98 4
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 579 17
- Invoice or journal for inter-company transactions 94 1
- How do I clear transaction history - Sage 50 v9 279 8
- Tax Return Deadlines 145 2
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 535 11
- Flat rate vat error 336 7
- Dividend paid to non-shareholder 536 13
- Property versus Trade in a Ltd Company 292 14
- can I claim a per diem 277 5
- s.755 ITA 2007 Gains on transactions in land 143 2
- Who picks up the slack? 1,390 8
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 847
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 510
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 323
- How to format a stock book 293
- Tax efficient holding company structure 235
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 231
- Investment property company accounts template 220
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 214
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 182
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 151