Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Reregister for VAT 97 1
- Would this save hours of your time? 425 11
- Director's tax return 245 6
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 191 6
- Value pricing 669 23
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 45 2
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 180 5
- Wrong career 453 18
- Payroo Employer allowance query 126 1
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 261 7
- Laptop purchase 1,375 20
- PTP software disaster 255 2
- CIS repayment shambles finally over? 219 2
- Treatment of EU Purchases on Sage 96 2
- Tricky VAT question 169 1
- RTI Annual Scheme Query 114 2
- VT accounts licence key 258 5
- Weely paid employees 219 2
- Splitting the tax year 103 1
- FPS Submission 153 2
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 792
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 546
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 413
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 292
- Free Tax Legislation? 261
- Director Loan account operation 241
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 237
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 236
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 229
- Paye procedures for CVA 159