Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Tax relief for networking day out? 439 11
- VAT on non-denominated postage 24 1
- Starting Again 238 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 599 19
- CT101 Completion 121 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 36 1
- CGT on spouse's death 224 10
- Non resident pension withdrawal 141 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 253 6
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 710 35
- P11D Software 770 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 196 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 261 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 387 10
- Payroll software 185 4
- Company UTR numbers 301 6
- Summer house for business only 133 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 116 1
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 158 3
- Tax implication giving money to friend (not family) 156 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 593
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 580
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 380
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 283
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 250
- RTI - duplicate employee record 239
- Accelerated payment notices 229
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 214