Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 10 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 213 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,210 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 340 6
- Go Cardless 368 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 304 3
- Mehjoo 321 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 108 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 365 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 187 4
- SA302 328 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 289 13
- Bringing money to Uk 286 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 214 4
- Hmrc software 249 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 173 1
- Hosted email exchange 188 5
- South African Government Pension 183 1
- Can anybody help withe the RTI end of year process? 377 4
- VAT Bad Debt Relief 325 13
- Xtuple 515
- Qtac payroll for bureau 355
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 298
- Industrial & Provident Societies 292
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 233
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 207
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 204
- Domain name sale and limited company 178
- CIS schemes 175
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 151