Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Profit and Loss Account Adjustments 151 7
- Expenses paid by director (the owner) 240 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 516 18
- Breaking Up A Property Company 264 2
- Website development costs - tax and accounting treatment 220 3
- *Urgent pls advise * filing dormant accounts to Companies House 433 17
- G'day IPA-IFA 513 8
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 472 16
- Declaration of Trust 568 20
- Inventory valuation of precious metals? 61 1
- Who can wind up a Promissory Trust? 89 2
- MAAT signing off ACCA PER? 323 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 194 1
- tax insider 330 4
- Auto-Enrolment 224 3
- Annual subs 183 2
- Statement of Earnings, no P45 175 2
- Mileage and Self Assessment 182 1
- ICAEW professional subscription and tax implications 258 4
- CGT Relief on Share Sale in LTD company 345 5
- Skandia using wrong address 1,415
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 728
- Any views 662
- HMRC Employers Diary 494
- International interest certificate 410
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 370
- Sale of business 320
- NOVA 227
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 226
- Advertising services? 220