Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Cash injection by shareholder 272 7
- Fees for Property Tax Return 106 3
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,647 434
- capital gains on PPR 145 7
- Separating business for VAT purposes 54 1
- 40% rule for travel expenses 337 9
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,233 62
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 327 6
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 261 8
- Private portion of costs and expenses in Accounts 410 20
- 100% Xero practice 2,392 43
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 346 5
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 289 8
- PRR 327 12
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 227 3
- corp tax software 385 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 458 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 485 7
- Which tax box 211 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 186 3
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,306
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 471
- National Insurance 365
- Non Resident 290
- Franchise income and costs 259
- Hands on experience of Digita 212
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 177
- Employer's Helpline 161
- employment capital allowances 156
- CIS paid under reg 9 149