Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Capital Gains Relief 95 4
- Investment from Friend 34 4
- client can't/won't pay 1,555 28
- Identity check problem 1,224 13
- A Director of a Ltd Company let a general Manager run the company, and if anything goes wrong the general manager is responsible? 141 3
- Business Set up cost 88 1
- Advice on letting a client go ? 633 12
- Aged Debtor 49 1
- Taxcalc , the hub of the problem 945 34
- Loss carry back in Taxfiler 70 3
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 758 28
- blank - ignore 489 8
- Part disposal of shareholding with CGT loss attached 80 2
- calculate mortgage interest 348 5
- Do we have to register for VAT? 439 9
- Companies House praise 223 1
- Tax Penalty overreaction 2,061 14
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 159 1
- Directors NIC's 180 5
- VAT field when booking bills for organisations on VAT FRS 73 1
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 875
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 571
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 534
- Latest phishing scam 469
- Entrepreneurs' relief 412
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 338
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 317
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 240
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 230
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 163