Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Nominal Code for Car lease? 156 7
- Put fees on website 185 5
- s75 ICTA88 Management expenses - idiots guide 1,465 27
- Director resignation 134 3
- Can't find a good web address 91 1
- effective advertising 122 2
- Mobile phone and P11D 1,246 4
- I'm thinking of moving to Ireland 235 3
- Sigma Red 1,368 3
- CIS Software Recommendations 336 5
- VAT on medical/care services? 79 2
- Definition of "relative" in benefits code 159 2
- Live Chat on Accountancy Website 437 6
- Should we let the Client Call the Shots? 473 7
- VAT Variation Team 191 3
- Cloud Based Software recommendations please 93 1
- Sage help please 301 4
- charges for storing documents 197 1
- Share scheme annual returns problem 88 1
- VAT in Eu 78 1
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 475
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 459
- WIP Software 331
- No payroll scheme in place 284
- Is there anything wrong with this? 254
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 246
- Small Part Disposal of Property 225
- Uncommercial property business 216
- Apple Employees - RSU vesting and tax witheld 188
- SA Penalty 180