Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Tax question about small group and how to set up 215 14
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 185 10
- Incorporation Relief 76 1
- What type of Trust? 137 3
- What is 'an asset' for A/A+B CGT? 122 5
- OBK 569 19
- Instant CPD offer 112 2
- cost of moving out for a few weeks 223 7
- Dividend in specie 104 2
- Investor exit 101 2
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 88 2
- Withholding Tax - Invoicing Ecuador 155 4
- Flat Rate Scheme - Joining date 76 1
- Auto-Enrolment 3,707 175
- NIC thresholds - two employments 1,747 26
- Sage error message 148 2
- Partially exempt? 175 5
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 521 5
- Mileage claim 256 9
- Proof of Delivery 257 8
- Skandia using wrong address 464
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 269
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 263
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 216
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 207
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 207
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 190
- Etax Australian 165
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 152