Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Anyone having problems with IRIS OpenSpace? 164 5
- Has been asked before but help needed 129 4
- Is a Mercedes Vito a van for tax purposes? 276 4
- How much to charge for Ltd company accounts ? 380 5
- Your fondest calculator memories 472 25
- Can't understand my own electricity / gas bills 302 13
- Consequential loss claim 41 1
- Does Freeholder have to be director of our RTM Company? 173 11
- private to company car? 86 2
- Does anyone do payrolling of benefits? 120 1
- Sub-contractor provided with a vehicle 220 8
- Sale of an investment between group companies 102 4
- HMRC Penalties - are they enforceable? 857 32
- I hate HMRC's voice recognition system - The Inept Interrogator 395 12
- RTI - EPS - ??? 261 4
- That old chestnut 600 9
- Sale of part of business & Entrepreneur's Relief 68 1
- Partner with an IVA 116 4
- Joint filing delays 70 2
- Anyone use Xero for estate agent clients? 207 4
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 443
- CTA study material 408
- Sect 102 TMA 1970 296
- Sage Forecasting - Print filename 271
- Pre incorp expenses 263
- Relief on French Tax Deposit? 233
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 227
- Slight twist on employment related securities 202
- How to claim additional losses after mistake in CT return 172
- What is the tax position if I am working overseas but via a UK agency? 168