Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Auto enrolment 156 2
- starting a ltd company with intangible assets 102 3
- Registration as self-employed 155 2
- Clients have been told I'm working from home 1,049 15
- Corporation Tax Software 405 12
- VAT on commision and connected persons 88 1
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 673 18
- How to end partnership for HMRC 99 1
- First year's sole trader accounts and 2014/2015 tax return 156 1
- Electric Vehicle company car battery rental - how is it taxed? 110 4
- Regular Director bonus 453 11
- Careers advice - is it worth moving from an SME to a corporate? 153 1
- BrightPay 1,098 35
- HMRC Summons for £14k 543 7
- SA REFUND; DEFRAUDED BY UNKNOWN PARTY 365 5
- Footballers Testimonials Taxable? 1,124 17
- BIK for an electric car 171 2
- New Practice - Accounting Software 3,642 90
- How do I save face? 2,406 14
- Goodie bag 3,122 72
- Possible Partnership? 694
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 538
- Fuming! 519
- New Fangled Penalties 468
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 336
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 278
- Moving away from CCH software 267
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 259
- Outsource Data Entry 259
- Do I need a US Tax Identification Number to complete W-8BEN-E? 208