Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- What are you doing now 31 Jan is past? 77 1
- Limited Company 196 4
- I do not love you 237 4
- Gift of FHL - subsequent PPR not denied? 185 1
- Love is in the air 756 10
- Stamp Duty 339 5
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 749 19
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 894 8
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 401 5
- Paying Son 815 19
- CGT on lost shares/scam 405 5
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 284 10
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,075 47
- Setting up a practice 648 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 633 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 567 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 496 1
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 249 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,873 21
- Incorporation of gp practise 466 1
- Foreign domicile status 315
- DTA tie-breaker issue 306
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 304
- CGT for NOn UK residents 286
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 284
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 263
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 249
- Apprenticeship Levy 248
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 239
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 236