Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Pay in Lieu of notice 143 5
- Legal title not in the company name 581 16
- Farm barn lettings 153 3
- inheritance tax 92 3
- Using profits from Ltd company as start up funds for new venture 72 1
- Capital payments offshore trust 67 1
- Gift with reservation, IHT & CGT 100 1
- Splitting hairs with a national firm 1,209 9
- Sage 50 re-key - VAT problem 105 2
- Unreimbursed employee expenses 184 1
- Deduction from Salary 470 11
- Doctor and Locum Work 162 2
- State pension 158 1
- NALS Accountants Report 295 4
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 261 6
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,137 40
- CIC Company 620 11
- simple one...capitalisation of legal fees on purchase of business 285 6
- This is getting boring 497 10
- 27,000 Really? 777 24
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 632
- Cancelled 378
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 349
- Cancelled 323
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 298
- Probiz 288
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 260
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 246
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 217
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 194