Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Using home as clients registered address 167 4
- How much does the company pay 739 31
- Accounting for cash put into Ltd 273 4
- Childcare vouchers 358 8
- Is this a qualifying loan for interest deductions? 58 2
- New Enterprise Allowance 66 1
- VAT Notice 700/64 - claiming VAT on motor repairs 50 1
- two business from one premises 175 3
- VAT transfer on going concern on incorporation 40 1
- SELLING A PROPERTY at LOSS/PROFIT - CAP GAINS ALLOWANCE 239 4
- HMRC property income enquiry 404 9
- 10 Worst xmas presents for an accountant 334 4
- Merry Christmas 115 2
- THEATRE SHOW - HIRE - VAT PAYABLE ON TICKET SALES 80 3
- New Incorporations - ERTNAC hoax - anyone else seen this? 1,087 12
- Anyone else still working this week? 421 13
- LTD home office - would HMRC seek to disallow 1,429 9
- Client being taken to court and really do not know what to do 551 12
- Section 165 TCGA 1992 - time limit? 121 2
- AIA 296 18
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 506
- corporate hierarchy 470
- Advice - 325
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 274
- WWOOFers 265
- The booking.com con 248
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 243
- Cocaine anyone? 230
- Tax liabilities in USA for warehoused products 219
- UK State pension paid in NZ 177