Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 399 4
- Employment support allowance and self employed 130 3
- Company pays me the mileage rate of a company vehicle 99 1
- Registered Office 151 3
- PAYE coding notice - deliberate misstatement 1,485 23
- recovery of S455 on informal winding 314 5
- Partnership Registration 108 2
- Can you declare dividends and not withdraw them 907 36
- Owners loan to business - is interest taxable 112 2
- Would this save hours of your time? 690 12
- Audit Required 1,187 22
- HMRC to sell our tax data to private companies 310 9
- Residential Management Companies 93 2
- Value pricing 2,857 37
- Problems with CT600 filing 400 5
- Flat rate scheme - which rate to use? 397 11
- Payroll software for Mac 123 1
- Online / Cloud Data Back Up 124 2
- Excel problem - pivot tables and multiple data sources 218 5
- CIS and Close Company 209 6
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 947
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 661
- Understanding the implications of January 2015 VAT changes for downloads on threshold for VAT registration 401
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 334
- rent-a-room allowance for part of the year 263
- HMRC Second Income Campaign - not so much a question as heads up 251
- Paye procedures for CVA 251
- Expenses Re-imbursed on the VAT Flat Rate Scheme 200
- Compliance Checks - Time limits 194
- Pension Fixed Protection 189