Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Increasing the personal allowance: A top priority? 475 18
- Double tax treaty Italy and UK 96 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 1,103 7
- Bereavment payment 84 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 273 4
- Apologies for reposting this but first post was on Friday afternoon! 344 2
- CT600 Computations - Company Tax Return help 1,294 14
- Sage Bank Reconciliation 146 2
- Companies House incorporation service 348 12
- Factors affecting tax charge FRS 19 (marginal rate) 75 1
- P35 and Service Company questions 150 3
- VAT chargeable to conference attendees 193 6
- Is Accountancy Becoming like an Insurance Policy 203 1
- Long period of account for Corporation Tax 266 7
- Flat Rate VAT and EU sales (Non VAT) 143 3
- NIC £2000 Allowance - Care Support Worker 152 3
- VAT, vans, sole traders and business use. 1,598 12
- Share Capital 132 2
- Trading income or not? 197 1
- Charge HMRC 424 3
- Xtuple 549
- Qtac payroll for bureau 376
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 317
- Industrial & Provident Societies 314
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 292
- CIS schemes 223
- Domain name sale and limited company 205
- Investment 187
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 186
- Italian friend wants to set up a UK company to reduce taxes 178