Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Errors in prior year accounts 831 22
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 445 9
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,976 39
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,323 17
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,592 23
- VAT & capitalising 119 3
- Final year's accounts 145 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 265 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 293 5
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 309 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 237 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 136 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,974 36
- Invoice Help 247 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 179 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 250 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 236 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 588 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 532
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 193
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 191
- Probiz 178
- Married woman dies owning marital home 168
- What's the market like for temps? 166