Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Bookkeeping - Relevant Qualifications? 275 5
- Overdrawn directors loan account. 827 20
- The importance of Grammar 898 24
- New starter - tax code 179 6
- Treatment of private car expenses put through limited company 117 2
- Why does Aweb always take the nuclear option … 2,684 60
- PI cover 100 2
- Capital loss on cessation for a sole trader 126 2
- HMRC site down ? 163 4
- Tax Filer - Transfering figures from partnership to personal returns 140 6
- Small hotel - food for personal use 202 3
- Xero Pain Points 257 12
- Models, agency rules and intermediary reporting 93 1
- Samsung Galaxy - Tablet War 120 1
- Late RTI submissions on change of accountants 161 2
- VAT - How hard is it? 381 15
- Tax Return for arrivals into the UK 152 4
- Copies of every transaction can't be OK!! 593 9
- ACCOUNTING TREATMENT FOR DISBURSEMENTS 234 3
- Childcare 275 4
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 360
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 299
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 285
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 280
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 272
- Electric Car 223
- S222 Charge 203
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 196
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 192
- Company Structure 174