Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Capital Gains on Inherited Property 219 8
- VAT on garage rent 48 4
- Tasks for new trainees 81 3
- Obvious Question but if NOT registered for VAT EU refunds as under minimum amounts, what does an expense get recorded as for UK VAT return? 57 1
- COMPANY DIRECTOR 26 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 533 15
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 45 1
- Offshore insurance bonds 94 2
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 2,629 46
- Property scam victim 288 4
- Has anyone been told of the extra Sage Payroll fees for auto enrolment? 208 5
- Tax Returns, 2011-2012 238 6
- Aggressive HMRC 1,798 19
- Is there is a tax neutral way of splitting a company? 157 6
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 130 2
- Partnership returns software 83 1
- Personal consumption by landlord 266 2
- Business purchase cost - treatment? 67 1
- Has anyone got copies of the Tolley's CTA study manual pdfs from last year? 87 1
- company loss, Can he start again?? 154 4
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,082
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 570
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 381
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 285
- Charge out rates in London? 238
- Interest on Loan to a Company 184
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 171
- Agent fees to sell business 161
- Alphabet shares 157
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 150