Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Capital allowances or revenue is capital? 72 1
- any implications of this type of transaction 45 1
- How much did you pay for your website 1,681 28
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 96 3
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 283 11
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 1,029 13
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 262 7
- Sage data 102 1
- Course costs for retraining as a barrister 422 9
- Limited company buying a car 361 6
- Funding Circle experience 154 3
- Excel query 117 2
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,293 13
- Payment on account penalties 127 3
- Tax on free shares 143 5
- Flat Rate Vat 14.5% and 5% reduced rate VAT 207 3
- Capital allowances on sale and puchase of business assets 125 1
- Audit 489 14
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 127 3
- Buying a horse?? 429 12
- CTA study material 805
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 496
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 461
- Employment related securities question 322
- AIM Stocks and IHT 311
- Expat pension contributions? 281
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 281
- Trust for Employee 256
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 232
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 161