Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Is this legal? 554 9
- Scams are not always obvious 580 16
- Market Value/Connected Persons 152 7
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 567 16
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 100 3
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 225 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,959 23
- Cells from many sheets 104 2
- Taxation of rental income 133 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 126 6
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 47 1
- Childcare vouchers 59 1
- Directors loan 1,384 9
- Expenses allowable against income from lodger 111 1
- New company formation and equity 154 3
- Previously dormant company now medium sized - does it need an audit? 109 1
- Tax planning, transferring BTL property to company 211 5
- Forming a Holding Company 152 2
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 98 1
- OMB contractor company making himself redundant 235 3
- New Fangled Penalties 1,038
- Moving away from CCH software 899
- Recruitment agencies 521
- QROP pension input amounts 408
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 361
- Deemed Employment Payment 340
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 301
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 297
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 216
- fraud 198