Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- General tax book with planning 140 2
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,194 69
- 2013/14 failure to submit end of year submission 275 11
- Gift of property & improvements 109 2
- Error in past Corporate tax return 337 5
- VAT Invoice 125 4
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 800 32
- IHT and Swiss Property 125 1
- Sale of house with planning permission - tax free? 211 3
- Flat rate Vat Scheme & Vat on wholesale production of Cakes and other deserts 176 7
- Vat code for journal entries of director's expenses 145 2
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 444 10
- HMRC overreaching its powers -again against a small surveying firm? 369 8
- Help with tax codes on Sage 252 1
- Letting relief on property transferred to a spouse 180 6
- VAT code for invoice from not VAT registered company 258 4
- Accounting for a finance lease 160 4
- SA302's anyone?? 534 16
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 1,643 41
- Renting for military reasons 192 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,620
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 901
- International interest certificate 509
- NOVA 368
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 293
- Management expenses for investment company 263
- Bonus Bonds 261
- Entertainer withholding tax in Australia 172
- tax on apprenticeship income 172
- P11D benefit received by widow 149