Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,072 15
- CGT on spouse's death 242 11
- Tax relief for networking day out? 449 12
- VAT on non-denominated postage 44 2
- Starting Again 241 11
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 608 19
- CT101 Completion 124 1
- P&L Treatment of property assets 40 1
- Non resident pension withdrawal 143 2
- Mortgage Adviser's request 259 6
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 711 35
- P11D Software 771 9
- PAYE Dashboard inconsistency 197 4
- Why can't I paste into AccountingWeb? 264 5
- Can shareholders lend to their company at interest? 390 10
- Payroll software 186 4
- Company UTR numbers 302 6
- Summer house for business only 137 1
- Transfer of property to Limited Company 117 1
- New starter not showing on RTI FPS submission (MoneySoft payroll) 161 3
- Construction CIS LLP Company 596
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 581
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 381
- Pensions Regulator 346
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 284
- Using the correct forms 262
- SA penalty proposals 250
- RTI - duplicate employee record 240
- Accelerated payment notices 229
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 216