Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Taxfiler - SA100 - More efficient? 312 5
- See you all on the other side 514 6
- 12Pay 244 2
- dividends 302 2
- R&D 197 1
- Quarterly Reporting - The Logistics 1,055 17
- Auto enrolment contribution rates 350 3
- How long are you waiting for appeal reply 254 4
- Borrowing money to loan to company 207 1
- Mother as Guarantor for Son's mortgage 445 5
- Seeking a tax case 476 9
- When do we qualify for state pension? 339 4
- Companies house strike off 302 3
- Tax treatment of alterations to property 245 2
- Moving to the cloud 669 9
- Iris open space/doc exchange for SATRs 183 2
- How much to charge for payroll? 802 16
- Unincorporated charity transfer to CIO 174 4
- BTC vs Digita 1,028 29
- Has anyone tried calling HMRC to get tax on dividends put in code? 396 4
- HMRC Joint Filing 530
- Capital Contribution towards a company car 401
- Capital Reduction & Impact on EIS Shares 357
- IRIS and FRS 102 336
- Capitalising Finance Lease 300
- USA help 296
- National Minimum Wage issue on Directors joining a Workplace Pension 264
- Dormant company accounts under FRS 102 255
- Capital gains on rental property 237
- Sage Coretime 222