Revenue enquiry - client wants to handle it
The Revenue have written with detailed enquiry into a clients return.
The business is a "cash based" business so the questions are detailed and many.
eg request for copy of cash account, breakdown of drawings etc etc(the usual).
I had the client come to the office to discuss this and advised what I thought the fees could be depending on how the enquiry went.
The client was obviously less than impressed as I've received a call from his wife advising that to avoid additional fees he intends handling the matter himself.(good luck!!)
Where does this leave me with the revenues original letter.There are obviously some questions like those above which the client will not be able to answer without my help.
Should I reply to the Inspector answering all of those questions I can and advise that the client will take it from there?
I don't want to be unhelpful to the Inspector but at the same time if the client is unwilling to pay for my time I'm reluctant to get into a position were I am effectively dealing with the enquiry for nothing.
- Community awards 2014 - first category 69 3
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 125 2
- Can you help me spot errors? 270 3
- Payment plans for clients 254 3
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 402 11
- CT600 236 8
- format cell to exclude decimals 300 16
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 43 1
- Lease 109 4
- Free invoicing software 487 4
- Digita Hosted Software 389 4
- signature required 858 31
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,289 21
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 163 5
- Thin Client recomendation 204 3
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 180 5
- VAT Office Grimsby 156 2
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 109 2
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 123 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,299 15
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,298
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 849
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 540
- Credit where credit's due....... 333
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 253
- TheTax Donut 221
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 180
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 169
- Director's business mileage 144
- Sole trader CPD 144