Revenue got it wrong
Consider this situation:
The Revenue have amended a tax calculation resulting in a sizeable refund.
On checking it is found that they have ignored a lump of income which was submitted in the return.
Before we could inform them of the error the client has seen it and told us not to correct it, he will take the chance that they won't notice!!
Very uncomfortable about this - what should be done?
- Insovent companies 846 18
- Rounding errors on CT600 106 4
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,287 48
- BrightPay quirks 158 2
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 89 1
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 782 20
- Xerocon 2016 1,167 31
- Website Content 80 1
- Mortgage Reference 473 5
- Personal Tax 611 12
- New Build 144 1
- Claiming annual pension allowance top up in SATR 112 1
- Starting band for savings - for 2014/2015 147 1
- USA Tax Query 279 2
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 422 5
- last minute request 631 6
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 333 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 366 7
- Disengagement Help! 1,722 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 984 6