Revenue got it wrong
Consider this situation:
The Revenue have amended a tax calculation resulting in a sizeable refund.
On checking it is found that they have ignored a lump of income which was submitted in the return.
Before we could inform them of the error the client has seen it and told us not to correct it, he will take the chance that they won't notice!!
Very uncomfortable about this - what should be done?
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 542 12
- Personal Tax 434 11
- Xerocon 2016 946 19
- buying asset and settling vendor's debt 129 4
- USA Tax Query 106 1
- Disengagement Help! 1,641 25
- Is HMRC Basic Tools basically wrong? 924 6
- Posting invoices with balance brought forward 164 6
- Expenses paid by director (the comapny owner) 217 2
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 580 18
- Corrupt Excel File 670 10
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 338 4
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,959 43
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,166 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 281 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 377 7
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 136 1
- 64-8's amazingly quick 253 4
- last minute request 465 5
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,246 46