Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Accountants' Error 682 13
- ICPA taxwise fee protection 139 3
- Scoot 170 4
- Zero Rated VAT on New Building 145 2
- Tax code for Companies House fees 190 3
- G'day IPA-IFA 659 11
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 1,444 20
- VAT customer is registered in France, goods shipped to the UK 102 1
- Regaining my qualification 188 2
- Self-Assessment - NIC Exemption 232 2
- Recommendations for tax advice sole practitioner 215 2
- Auto enrolment 186 3
- Shareholder agreement 168 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 194 3
- Company Reorganisation 159 3
- Employee Loan 201 2
- IRIS - Personal Tax - 2013/14 - Page UKP2 461 15
- Statutory residence test - transit days 588 5
- CGT - Is a calculation required now? 141 1
- Wear and tear allowance 461 6
- Skandia using wrong address 1,449
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 760
- Any views 694
- HMRC Employers Diary 521
- International interest certificate 423
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 387
- Sale of business 352
- NOVA 258
- Advertising services? 251
- IRIS Open Books problem 241