Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Payment plans for clients 286 4
- How a company director can keep paying £833 77 4
- Community awards 2014 - first category 193 7
- Suggested tips to become a better accountant? 476 14
- Employee steeling client data 119 1
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,358 23
- Small bus. accounting software with departments 190 5
- Subsistence Exclusions 133 3
- Insurance Claims - Legal Services 93 1
- CT600 275 9
- VAT Office Grimsby 214 4
- signature required 914 34
- i want to get the reserves below 25K 193 1
- Can you help me spot errors? 339 4
- format cell to exclude decimals 333 17
- WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON AT HMRC? 157 2
- Form VAT 600 FRS 90 1
- Dividend Waiver and Settlement Legislation 154 2
- Supply of service to EU community body exempt from VAT 98 1
- Lease 149 4
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,309
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 856
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 550
- Credit where credit's due....... 342
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 262
- TheTax Donut 234
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 191
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 183
- Director's business mileage 152
- Sole trader CPD 146