Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Shortening an Accounting Reference Date 828 16
- Company Van 151 3
- cash basis 83 1
- Restoring a Ltd company which had been struck off 233 8
- question 180 2
- HMRC CT600 TOOL 95 1
- Connected person and properties 113 2
- Do your DIY clients ever get their books right ? 678 13
- Auto enrollment. What's the basis for contribution ? 265 3
- Business only use of company car 1,566 34
- Overlap profits 376 14
- How do I correct a previous accountants major mistake on PAYE/SA? 776 11
- How best to split income on a Buy To Let - married. How do you decide beneficial ownership 1,327 12
- HMRC Security Deposit 417 12
- Invoicing for monthly clients 367 7
- Company investment 786 9
- Entrepreneur's Relief Query 358 6
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 365 1
- Bookkeeping for voluntary organisations 259 3
- Tax - Paying Yearly 569 17
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 384
- Any thoughts on Capium? 352
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 279
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 254
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 239
- French ConnectionUK 189
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 183
- Fundraising for friend - minimise tax? 174
- Can anyone explain Indian Minimum Alternate Tax 173
- APN's 163