Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,471 41
- Purchase of shares and goodwill 137 3
- Directors Remunerations and Employees on CT600 84 1
- Anyone Heard of This Outfit? 250 1
- How can I tell what returns are outstanding on HMRC online? 232 3
- Practice management - that old chestnut....... 1,231 19
- Suppliers for Online Card Payments? 363 6
- Go Cardless 381 10
- Self assessment tax arrears 328 3
- Mehjoo 334 2
- Tax Return Member LLP 149 1
- How to prove income for a mortgage if you have no SA302s 406 5
- Amazon Fees, Sage VAT/Tax code T20? 195 4
- SA302 344 7
- US Employment Income - Double Tax Treaty 295 13
- Bringing money to Uk 300 4
- Capital Allowances on Furnished Holiday Lets Business 219 4
- Hmrc software 261 3
- What expenses can be claimed after a move to Cornwall? 195 1
- Hosted email exchange 192 5
- Xtuple 519
- Qtac payroll for bureau 357
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 300
- Industrial & Provident Societies 294
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 236
- Why would HMRC offer to close an investigation by contract settlement 211
- VAT Payable on Expenses for Non-VAT Registered Ltd Co 211
- Domain name sale and limited company 182
- CIS schemes 178
- Director legal fees in loose connection to the company 153