Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- CTA and Tolley's tax handbooks 319 8
- Audit 393 13
- PITA ex-client 94 6
- Can I contribute to SIPP if I pay no salary/dividend from ltd company 290 4
- What font do you prefer to use for correspondence? 51 3
- What quality paper do you use for correspondence? 816 22
- PPR relief and half hectare rule 62 2
- Capital allowances on a 3G Pitch 227 13
- Scottish Independance 865 24
- Funding Circle experience 55 1
- Uncomfortable with some advertising Sift takes 691 20
- Awkward IP 1,489 16
- New supplier 91 2
- Sage 50 cost centre limitations 52 2
- Buying a horse?? 308 9
- How to post Sales figures in Sage50 Accounts (we use separate Sales ledger) 206 4
- Do I need to pay my accountant 1,128 12
- Straightforward email correspondence or PDF letter attached to blank email? 976 11
- What's in a name ? 1,154 9
- Vodaphone Share Scheme 226 2
- CTA study material 792
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 489
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 442
- Employment related securities question 315
- AIM Stocks and IHT 294
- Expat pension contributions? 275
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 272
- Trust for Employee 251
- Service Charge Accountant Career Options 214
- IPP (International Pension Plan) income 155