Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Have I dropped a major clanger? 438 9
- What is going on with VAT applications?? 1,975 39
- Director forgot to take salary for 2013/2014 2,320 17
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 2,589 23
- VAT & capitalising 117 3
- Final year's accounts 144 1
- Do I Need A Balance Sheet? 259 5
- Self Assessment Tax Return Penalties 290 5
- Errors in prior year accounts 824 21
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 308 7
- Filing FPS early with moneysoft 235 15
- Have we a distribution when we reduced our capital but it hadn't been registered? & tax implications in winding up 135 2
- What are options for non CA firm 1,972 36
- Invoice Help 246 7
- Summer evenings and ponderings of capital allowances 178 3
- Employee overpaid who has left 249 4
- Limited Company keeping receipts 236 3
- Sorry ignore me 907 24
- Donaldson v HMRC case being heard tomorrow! 588 5
- Free Shares ? 251 2
- Proposed Amendments to IAS 1 625
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 532
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 294
- Cancelled 285
- Cancelled 245
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 193
- Sage Report Designer - Nominal Activity in Currency 191
- Probiz 178
- Married woman dies owning marital home 168
- What's the market like for temps? 166