Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- PAYE versus Dividends 155 3
- Employee or partner 21 1
- Dormant company owns shares in another company 188 5
- The Cotter Case 184 2
- The complete uselessness of the British banking system 122 3
- HMRC Accounts Office - waiting an hour! 144 2
- Under Cash Accounting rules how do I account for a credit note issued outside the Corp Tax period? 66 1
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 940 16
- Sole Trader business 153 1
- Transfer of sole trade to ltd co 152 1
- How will the taxation of non-residents landlord work? 146 1
- Giving a seminar 685 36
- Tax position on lease extension 176 1
- Boffin of the Year 305 10
- deleting customers on Sage 50 223 8
- Using Director's bank account to receive payment from customer 238 4
- Sage Depreciation 83 1
- Non sequitur 254 2
- Am i Liable? 884 21
- Sale of business being paid by deferred payments by buyer 172 1
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,306
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 642
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 426
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 334
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 262
- Alphabet shares 221
- Agent fees to sell business 215
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 209
- Office recharges 170
- How to reclaim VAT for a non-EC UK visitor 154