Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Auto enrolment confusion 2,038 47
- CGT on lost shares/scam 365 4
- Personal Pension Relief in the Tax Code 103 1
- Setting up a practice 353 5
- Very large share capital by mistake 478 7
- VAT refund if only output tax on first claim 434 4
- 24 month rule and expenses 248 1
- Love is in the air 520 6
- HP agreement in Directors name but payments under company 652 17
- Stamp Duty 293 4
- Physiotherapist and vat and agency work ( one for Les Howard???) 238 4
- I am 34 years old, am I too old to start a career in Accounting ? which is the best way to pursue it 1,800 21
- Another Sneaky Tax Hike! 570 5
- Incorporation of gp practise 246 1
- Sage Instant Accounts Complete De-install problem 261 9
- Client Paperwork Retention? 571 13
- Paid staff their normal salary instead of SMP 580 7
- Tax Overlap Reporting 376 4
- Pay rise - how to enter in Moneysoft 394 9
- Reimbursing director travel costs 454 6
- DTA tie-breaker issue 300
- Tax Implicatins on a Directors Loan 288
- CGT for NOn UK residents 280
- Employer's pension contribution - need to be PAYE registered? 275
- What are the tax implications of overseas sales through a UK based company? 253
- profit or loss on furnishings and deed of trust 239
- Apprenticeship Levy 236
- Tenants in Common - Actual % split not written down 224
- Capital Gains personal representatives 220
- Discretionary payment to sick employee 207