Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Who would you nominate for a Practice Excellence Award? 121 1
- How to change credit note allocation in Sage 206 9
- How to Value a Business 458 9
- can a CGT transfer be legally cancelled in the future if 108 5
- Simple Ltd company accounts service 525 13
- How much did you pay for your website 466 13
- Companies House 99 2
- HMRC repayment issued, how long till it hits account? 98 1
- Sage Payroll & NIC 369 7
- Company Pension Contributions 245 6
- Gross Profit Percentage 191 4
- Expenses allowable 149 3
- Let Property Campaign 377 6
- Is there anything I should know about Northern Irish companies? 125 1
- Self employment trap - pension 339 3
- Awkward IP 609 9
- ESC A19 122 2
- When does my Property business start 263 4
- Does anybody still use a Filofax? 1,533 43
- On line petition re HMRC grabbing money from taxpayer bank accounts 865 19
- CTA study material 596
- DTR : TIOPA 2010 Section 42 591
- Anyone have clients that use Pay4Later to offer customers credit? 366
- Employment related securities question 221
- Foreign Business setting up in UK 195
- ATED Penalties 192
- AIM Stocks and IHT 175
- Tax Relief for overseas employees 129
- Expat pension contributions? 124
- Trust for Employee 124