Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Cocaine anyone? 49 2
- Is Co House "losing" Abbreviated Accounts? 1,451 21
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 791 25
- ACCA - still making me laugh 415 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 233 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 299 11
- Tax return software for remote working 454 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 488 9
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 410 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 438 9
- How to purchase business premises? 131 2
- Will I need to resign? 797 10
- Childcare vouchers 143 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 266 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 294 6
- VAT avoidance? 211 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 176 3
- PAYE coding out 167 3
- Follower cases 572 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 450 2
- Hive up 467
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 434
- corporate hierarchy 414
- Advice - 241
- Amortisation of Goodwill 211
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 199
- WWOOFers 196
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 175
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 173
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 168