Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Limited Companies, Directors Employer Registration P11D 139 4
- SAGE - Filtering Inactive Suppliers/Customers 118 2
- Personal allowance 412 10
- Workshops centred around Xero 458 12
- Scams are not always obvious 690 19
- RTI, no payroll but BIK 117 1
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 120 2
- VAT on long lease in comercial property thathas opted to Tax 90 3
- Related party disclosures 170 3
- Input vat on my fees after deregistration 181 2
- Charity Buildings and Zero-rated Vat 77 1
- Auto Enrolment, Payroll, Small Client Advice and what to charge? 615 17
- 100% FYA, do I have to cliam all of it in 1 year? 231 4
- Vat query - EU customer requesting invoice without charging vat 250 8
- Is this legal? 623 9
- Market Value/Connected Persons 187 7
- Saying NO to a time wasters 1,991 23
- Cells from many sheets 126 2
- Taxation of rental income 211 4
- notice of consent by surrendering company group relief 139 6
- New Fangled Penalties 1,042
- Moving away from CCH software 902
- Recruitment agencies 528
- QROP pension input amounts 410
- write off loan or loan to equity swap or both 362
- Deemed Employment Payment 344
- HMRC BENCHMARK EXPENSES 307
- Unused Losses and Post Cessation Receipts 298
- EIS relief on transferring shares to spouse 218
- fraud 216