Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Hold on a minute (pun intended) 1,262 11
- The importance of Grammar 1,325 40
- Xero Pain Points 540 18
- supply teachers working through Ltd co 129 2
- Complicated situation with very old balances from previous accountant 196 5
- Best way to draw a salary? 695 12
- PI cover 241 4
- VAT and customer entertaining 218 2
- 2014/15 Tax calculation spread sheet 946 15
- VAT - How hard is it? 735 26
- Profit split from an investment property 173 6
- Accounting Web - What is happening? 1,428 39
- Tax Implications on Child Benefits 159 1
- IRIS OpenSpace won't upload CT600 properly 275 6
- tax saving on card points 244 6
- Capital Allowances and CGT interaction 265 9
- Scissors 893 24
- AIA for a Van, Self Employed 441 6
- Tax treatment of gift of expensive watch 463 10
- Directors exempt from AE? 269 6
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 373
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 328
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 308
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 298
- Electric Car 250
- S222 Charge 218
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 214
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 201
- Company Structure 197
- Does anyone know the name and postal address of HMRC's Data controller? 169