Revenue request for accountants link papers.
I have received a Revenue enquiry into a General Store.
The case is small and amongst a host of other requests in his opening letter, the Inspector has asked for our link papers, including trial balance, journals/adjustments, with narratives etc.
Do other practitioners have evidence of an increase in the number of such requests being made as a matter of course?
I intend to provide as much detail as can be easily collated, but will stop short of the actual link papers.
Has anyone else gone down this route? I assume it did not lead to the issue of a S20 notice.
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 728 20
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 299 7
- CGT and primary residence 115 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 411 10
- Marriage Allowance 203 3
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 1,093 12
- Leaving the VAT FRS Scheme or trying to stay as long as possible? 358 4
- S455 and February year ends 263 7
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,248 32
- HMRC having technical difficulties 828 18
- Closing down loss-making company 424 5
- S.455 Tax again 272 3
- New Build 329 2
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 371 4
- Mortgage Reference 779 10
- RTI offline? 187 1
- Right To Manage Company 278 4
- Day allowance working in Qatar 171 1
- Giving shares away 336 6
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 636 5