Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- Can you get tax deduction for legal fees on sale of debtors 60 3
- Matching of tax return to P60 44 1
- Business Christmas Greetings 1,015 20
- Concerned about RTI 2014 2,197 53
- Related Parties Note 117 3
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 767 22
- Consolidation and subsidiaries with different period ends 193 7
- what time is it ? 313 4
- Capital Allowances on Foreign Property 89 2
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 434 24
- VAT on disbursement 168 2
- tax credits 214 7
- Victor Meldrew morning 1,046 17
- EC VAT codes in Sage 50 89 1
- LLP - Member leaving 199 6
- Year end 267 3
- Foreign income for self employed 174 2
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 313 9
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 330 9
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,152 14
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 915
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 529
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 336
- How to format a stock book 323
- Tax efficient holding company structure 258
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 248
- Investment property company accounts template 234
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 197
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 185
- Charge out rates in London? 159