Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- Other forums 125 2
- VT accounts licence key 47 1
- Underpaid National Insurance 106 2
- Career Advice 143 3
- Keep receiving RTI late submission notice 89 2
- MONEYSOFT - EARLIER YEAR UPDATE 94 1
- Small employers paying people when sick thanks alot! 2,897 29
- Would this save hours of your time? 229 5
- Payroo Employer allowance query 80 1
- non resident receiving UK dividends 168 2
- Wrong career 213 8
- Adjusting over-provision of Corporation Tax in previous year 212 6
- Producing graphical KPI's etc 102 3
- Agent with HMRC 277 11
- Quarterly PAYE 276 8
- bookkeeping for interest & dividends 184 3
- Auto Enrolment & Moneysoft 571 4
- Newsletter 248 5
- RTI Filing 1,770 22
- Fee's for P11D's 330 5
- Residential Property Purchase Above £750K 775
- Using Sage with Sofa Categories 529
- Does anyone have an unwanted ICAEW wooden plaque? 395
- Goods shipped inter EU and VAT Reporting 281
- Non-Resident Director - UK Tax Position? 224
- Sage 200 and Access Dimensions reviews 219
- Director Loan account operation 216
- transferring simply accounting 2010 from xp to windows 7 209
- Free Tax Legislation? 208
- vat return 180