Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- PRR 212 12
- Do I need a 13digit tax ref for a ct600 183 4
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,087 55
- Is it more beneficial to be a Ltd company? 149 3
- Cash injection by shareholder 74 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 11,458 424
- Treatment of goodwill in Consolidation 258 7
- How to pursue fraudulent trading 285 4
- corp tax software 342 7
- Pension Contributions Relief 436 14
- Is there an expert in Excel out there? 459 7
- Which tax box 181 2
- How to change reconciliation status of bank account in Sage 50 106 3
- how to start a career in accounting at 34? 225 3
- Underpaid Tax Options on SE 203 6
- References for clients 195 2
- Sole Trader - Working from home claims 145 2
- incorrect PAYE statements 111 2
- What accounting software packages are best for restaurants? 315 7
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 140 5
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,296
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 461
- National Insurance 359
- Non Resident 277
- Franchise income and costs 254
- Hands on experience of Digita 208
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 168
- Employer's Helpline 158
- employment capital allowances 150
- CIS paid under reg 9 140