Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- Cash basis 167 6
- Statutory sick pay 45 2
- Undeclared rental income 1,625 17
- Any Scottish members out there? 15,828 589
- Companies house dissolved my company. What do I do now? 1,122 12
- Lorry Drivers 324 5
- Statutory Accounts - Dividends Disclosure Note 215 2
- Is alcohol allowed within the £150 staff entertaining exemption? 1,426 9
- Unincorporated organistion ceasing to exist 103 1
- Kasperskey - home pc 266 3
- PRR 574 16
- TMA 1970 - fixed penalties appeals 200 2
- Partially exempt? 310 10
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 249 3
- Finally a winner from HMRC!!! 549 4
- Resubmit Corporation tax Return 118 1
- Income recognition - release of product from a factory 243 10
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 211 4
- Money laundering POCA 384 7
- Ltd Company Buying Own Shares and Transferring Assets 107 1
- Skandia using wrong address 525
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 286
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 286
- Employee rewards 277
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 246
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 241
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 229
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 216
- Etax Australian 177
- LLP in Construction Industry 139