Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- Digita Hosted Software 354 1
- Mileage allowance payment via payroll 137 3
- Stock Valuation when a partner dies 57 2
- Thin Client recomendation 128 2
- format cell to exclude decimals 262 15
- Inheritance Tax and the 7 Year rule for property as a gift 100 2
- ethical- to continue to act or not? 1,229 15
- Payroll error by client on Moneysoft 63 1
- Homing sandwiches 811 19
- Flat rate VAT- other income calculation 237 2
- SUSPECTED OR INVALID BENEFIT FRAUD 195 2
- Client needs a UK tax residency certificate for Spanish tax authorities 89 2
- IT advisory questions? 400 11
- Direct debit entry query 141 4
- Moneysoft and People's Pension 779 12
- Can you help me spot errors? 206 2
- Do most of you still use MS Office? 1,179 18
- Acounting Courses 113 1
- signature required 826 30
- Suspected or Invalid Employment Support Allowance fraud 336 6
- Auto enrolment excuses 1,293
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 845
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 536
- Credit where credit's due....... 329
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 251
- TheTax Donut 212
- Double taxation relief - same income, different individual 177
- Semi retired FCA or equivalent 158
- Director's business mileage 140
- Sole trader CPD 135