Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- Freelance/Employee 638 16
- Recommendations for online payroll software 181 1
- . 168 1
- Accountant Specialization. 248 2
- Can my company contibute more than 40000 to my pension in a tax year? 230 4
- Rectify overpaid childcare vouchers, how? 159 2
- CT600 - Credit balance in expenses? 159 6
- Claiming VAT on car lease 436 27
- Capital Gains Tax on property with multiple uses 85 1
- Returning papers to ex-clients 592 7
- How to network with other Accountants? 676 5
- Correcting earlier year CT600s 118 2
- Agent Authorisation Issue 180 2
- CWF1 - is it still required?? 327 6
- Is it just me ... 278 5
- Duplicating Sales and COS but does not impacting bottom line? Legal? 285 4
- CIS registration when already registered for PAYE 114 4
- HMRC Agent Accounts - PAYE 347 10
- Taxable Benefit for Director? 222 1
- Directors exempt from AE? 1,533 18
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 745
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 405
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 354
- Electric Car 288
- S222 Charge 237
- Corporation tax penalties and fines on the CT600 185
- IP trans to holding company 183
- Software to Deal with Amazon and Ebay Sales 171
- AIA 166
- Best way to convert Sage data to VT Transaction+ 163