Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- Employmnet Allowance 2015/2016 20 1
- Tax refunds for 2014/15 138 1
- Where do Balance Sheet Gains get recognised in CT600? 828 40
- Tax relief for networking day out? 533 14
- SA316s 177 3
- Working in Iraq, how to treat the income 54 1
- Swiching tax 528 15
- Is cloud accounting software all just pie in the sky 743 23
- Proposal to strike off...... 511 10
- How can i allow my clients to digitally sign? 527 10
- Can I recharge Car loan interest 373 11
- Start-up cost recognition 107 1
- Lunches 247 3
- Mortgage Adviser's request 396 8
- VAT on non-denominated postage 143 3
- Generic notification message 259 6
- Property Expenses 223 7
- Auto Enrolment (sorry) 159 1
- Accrued salary unpaid 265 4
- P60 from HMRC Basic Paye Tools 4,219 18
- Construction CIS LLP Company 605
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 592
- LIVE: Budget aftermath webinar 387
- Pensions Regulator 352
- NIC contribution on unremitted income 292
- Using the correct forms 266
- SA penalty proposals 257
- RTI - duplicate employee record 256
- Accelerated payment notices 237
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 228