Right, my Jedi calm has finally broken
This site has been a God-send to myself and I imagine many more like me who are either sole traders or lack the support within their organisation. I have found it an invaluable tool in solving tax queries, especially given how bad the HMRC search function is.
When I post a question my name comes up as Thomas Peterson. Oddly that is not my real name, neither do I expect 'Old Grey Accountant' or 'Swiss Toni' to be their real names either. So I consider my post to be anonymous even if I don't tick the box! There are plenty of people in my office who use AW and none of them have ever worked out who I am (even going so far as to call Mr Peterson names to me :) ).
The only danger is if a client or manager spots 'their' question and traces your name through other posts, but how often does that happen? Clients tend not to ask their accountant a question then try and find out themselves, so how likely are they to spot the question?
I'm sick of people having a go at this great site! Regardless of its minor faults it is an incredibly useful forum and serves as both a learning platform (tax changes sooo fast...) and a source of entertainment thanks to the likes of Mr Toni (and long may be remain!). This job can be so demoralising and light relief is needed sometimes.
So to all the people complaining that people can see their pseudonom, pick a better pseudonom if you don't want to be traced. If you think too many stupid topics are posted here just don't read them.
I miss the old AW in some ways, but this new incarnation is nowhere near as bad as people are making out and I would be most displeased if it were to be scrapped.
That was cathartic, appologies if it was too much of a rant for this time in the morning.
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 24 2
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 362 11
- UK LTD Company to start working in Norway 47 1
- Adding shop sales to sage 80 4
- What does the "K" signify 239 6
- Grammar, spelling and silly questions 1,098 42
- Self assesment online 80 1
- Most cr*p bank account ever? 302 2
- Dividend amount for company where tax year doesnt go to 31st March 106 3
- Interest Relief 110 3
- Entrepreneurs' relief 453 1
- Amend tax return? 156 3
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 711 26
- New client forgot to take stock count at the year end 357 7
- Tax on devidend in my company who is employee in other company 173 4
- client can't/won't pay 1,664 30
- calculate mortgage interest 392 6
- Self Assessment and P11D 222 6
- Petty cash 88 1
- HMRC SA302s 121 2
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 887
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 587
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 550
- Latest phishing scam 484
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 359
- Corporate LLP with 30 June Year end - How to record on SA800? 328
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 256
- Penalties- On Tax Returns (New Regime) 252
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 176
- Capital allowances in first basis period 163