RSUs and redundancy - base cost of shares for cgt?
My Client was given some RSUs as part of his redundancy package. Employer took legal advice and is so convinced that these can form part of the redundancy settlement that no paye or ni was deducted on the first £30k when the shares were sold as part of the deal.
I am aware that this may not be correct, but if we can just assume for now that it is correct, what is client's base cost for these shares in the cgt comps? £30k or £0??
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,143 39
- Locked Out of HMRC Online Account - HMRC Not Responding 260 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 329 7
- Personal Tax 353 10
- Xerocon 2016 900 18
- Disengagement Help! 1,576 24
- Corrupt Excel File 638 9
- Capital Gain on Share Disposal with Held Over Gains 70 1
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,924 42
- 64-8's amazingly quick 144 4
- last minute request 411 5
- Website costs (intangible assets) tax relief 293 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,221 46
- Practical experience 887 16
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 261 2
- Mortgage Reference 267 2
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 200 3
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 451 9
- VAT 318 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 281 4