Sage Line 50 limits transaction volumes
We have been approached by a prospect who are having reporting issues when it comes to their accounts. Now this is something we excel at, so will be able to help them out.
However, during our initial conversation, they advised that due to the number of transactions being posted through Sage, each six months they perform a year end close down in order for the system to keep working!
I have not yet seen the data set to see if previous years have been purged, but has any one else come across this problem before where the number of transactions cause Line 50 to crash? If so, has anyone identified a way round the issue?
The prospect has approx 200,000 transactions being posted across ledgers on an annual basis, so if Line 50 is not able to cope then ultimately the accounts package will have to be upgraded. Year end is not until February, so I am aiming to keep Line 50 in place until such time as we can do a migration at year end.
Any help gratefully appreciated
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,276 24
- VAT - Check on clients business 895 37
- Second Limited Company 73 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 472 10
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 285 8
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 127 2
- Probate services 361 7
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 451 20
- trading losses allowable? 751 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 778 12
- Post AAT? 658 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 108 1
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 193 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,629 37
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,503 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 132 3
- Sage accounts help 122 1
- Community Faux Pas 826 25
- AAT before CIMA? 145 1
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 112 3