Sage Line 50 VAT Cash Accounting
I have a client who was on VAT cash accounting who deregistered and I prepared the final VAT return. The Vat return just would not reconcile back to net balance of the 2200, 2201 and 2202.
There were outstanding debtors or creditors all balances were “Zero” on both debtors and creditors so I just could not understand why it would reconcile by a miserable £4.69 and was tempted to put in an adjustment for the amount instead of spending hours on it. However I persevered and found the cause. One of the suppliers had issued an invoice for £31.49 inclusive of VAT back in early 2010. A credit note was received for the same amount and matched up with the invoice and as such the Invoice was not paid.
I deleted both the Invoice and Credit note and reposted the Invoice and paid it posted the credit note and recorded a refund from the supplier (this corrected the bank reconciliation) and now the VAT report balances exactly to balances from accounts 2200, 2201 and 2202.
If anyone comes across something like the above scenerio it might be worth your while to check the above.
- Annual to At Least Quarterly 426 20
- trading losses allowable? 741 14
- Tax Fines - HMRC 756 12
- Post AAT? 643 3
- Small amount of untaxed royalties for someone outside SA 80 1
- VAT - Check on clients business 868 36
- Entrepreneurs Relief, and then new company 50 1
- Probate services 348 6
- Treatment of valuation fee for IHT. 189 2
- Bookkeeping Rate of Pay 2,615 37
- Private doctors - Ltd company vs partnership 269 7
- What's the Barmiest Reason A Client gave you for going? 2,492 24
- Opening Balance in Sage 50 Accounts 118 3
- Sage accounts help 101 1
- Community Faux Pas 817 25
- AAT before CIMA? 127 1
- Digital tax accounts - what do we expect? 454 9
- Shared Network Drive on the Cloud 101 3
- Portuguese Resident having a UK Limited Company 176 6
- Here we go.... 872 25