Sale of 50 % of shares in Trading co By Holding Co. Will BPR still apply?
Afternoon, hope you can help me on something
If a Holding Co who itself owns the premises of its only subsiduary trading co, sold 50% of its shares in the trading co, would the abscence of a majority holding mean that BPR is lost on holding co shares?
I hope that the answer 'no', although HMRC manuals without finding anything specific point to this being so.
Any help greatly appreciated.
- RTI Fees 286
- Where's our 10%? 263
- Driving sales growth 212
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 204
- CIS late registration 204
- EIS 202
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 192
- Break up basis accounting 187
- Accounts production software for business SSC 183
- Best structure 181
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 175
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 152
- SEIS and DeMinimus Aid 133
- Is commission on sales always vatable? 133
- Integrate accounts software with infusionsoft 132
- Property does not qualify for FHL, what is allowable? 119
- Employers NIC holiday paper application form 112
- Child benefit 111
- Trusts - loan to beneficiary 106
- National Insurance when leaving UK 104