Sale of 50 % of shares in Trading co By Holding Co. Will BPR still apply?
Afternoon, hope you can help me on something
If a Holding Co who itself owns the premises of its only subsiduary trading co, sold 50% of its shares in the trading co, would the abscence of a majority holding mean that BPR is lost on holding co shares?
I hope that the answer 'no', although HMRC manuals without finding anything specific point to this being so.
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Mortgage Reference 112 2
- Is Xero payroll as rubbish as I suspect it is? 1,848 40
- Entrepreneurs relief after enhancement 130 3
- VAT - Check on clients business 1,167 45
- Practical experience 839 15
- Buy Samsung Galaxy Note 5 421 9
- Personal Tax 136 1
- VAT 304 1
- Gift aid procedure please? 185 4
- What counts as income for the £100k 'salary' cap for free childcare from 2017? 141 1
- last minute request 242 3
- US tax form 1099 (misc?) 77 1
- Cash gift from India 492 13
- GP ACCOUNTS 77 1
- Write an article on latest tax changes for landlords. 430 16
- Stamp Duty based on Exchange or Completion Date 106 2
- Re-Training costs - tax reief 254 6
- Maternity and claining expenses 658 6
- Overseas workday relief 168 5
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 334 3