Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- The stupidity continues 727 39
- Limited company director - other earnings in the tax year 249 4
- transactions after account have been closed 205 4
- Can I claim Vat on solicitors invoices? 193 5
- CIMA at the age of 35?? 537 10
- Offsetting CT losses against another company 233 6
- Calculating capital gains tax for non-residents UK residential property 137 1
- CIS. Why is it so complicated? 2,341 25
- New Employers Helpline 211 4
- Software recommendations 279 1
- Share transfer question 390 17
- Land Rover Discovery 3.0 SDV6 255 Comm Auto 2 seat 338 7
- qualifying for 1/9th tax credit on foreign dividend 191 2
- HMRC & daft penalty 2,465 19
- Overlap relief 761 19
- What is IRIS World like? 371 8
- Pension contributions 385 10
- Do you have to declare business expenditure on a personal credit card on your P11D? 514 11
- Do you use sign up lists on your website 221 1
- Setting up PAYE scheme without UTR 290 8
- Has anyone been affected by the RBS payment breakdown? 440
- Straight line write off of Purchase Goodwill ??? 436
- WIP Software 301
- FRS 102 compliant illustrative accounts for an insurance company 291
- No payroll scheme in place 236
- CGT, PPR and transfer of equity to spouse. 233
- Do subcontractors on work for residential (student accomodation) construction 210
- Is there anything wrong with this? 206
- Small Part Disposal of Property 191
- Uncommercial property business 183