Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- SA online - 4 hour limit 1,327 14
- IR35 deemed payment and dividends - practical considerations 174 3
- VAT on Hire Purchase 195 2
- "Audit Report" 94 1
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 490 13
- Coding Notice 235 6
- UK company paying dividend to foreign shareholder 256 6
- New business - journal entries 420 22
- Is CGT roll over relief available for let property 229 3
- Payroll software 656 16
- Statutory accounts, current company address, or one that was correct at EOY? 285 5
- Are there Special Rules for Agencies? 403 10
- 100% Annual investment allowance on luxury cars 740 18
- B2B vat in the EU 197 4
- Samadian effect on self employed student support workers 206 4
- Changes to class 2 NIC's 240 3
- Client RTI Shows payments not his 205 4
- LLP as member of LLP 146 1
- Why should I retain membership? 2,855 48
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 526 7
- Auto enrolment excuses 882
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 724
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 417
- Social investment tax relief 223
- Digita Hosted Software 217
- Call Centre Data Costs 205
- accounting for this transaction 204
- Problems with Sage 50 Payroll v21(2015) 179
- Travel costs and contractors 177
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 176