Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- IR 35 deemed payment calc 133 2
- Limited Company Contractor renting a house whilst working at a temporary location 136 3
- Capital Gain? 515 14
- thinking of starting up - AAT ACCA 233 5
- Sell business after leaving country 141 2
- How much to charge? 255 5
- CIMA MIP - wife joining business, non MIP 183 1
- Client with enquiry inro careless or negligent tax return 640 15
- Income tax on foreign dividends 245 2
- break even point 596 18
- Simple consolidation question 130 2
- Client charged VAT by US supplier 394 10
- Abandoning accountancy membership in order to operate as a sole trader 1,002 27
- How does the tax payer dis-apply/disclaim from use of their personal allowance? 407 9
- Client cash balances, on or off-balance sheet for full service brokerage firm 208 3
- Abolish the penalty regime 297 5
- Separating a business into retail and wholesale, with husband and wife as separate owner/managers. 186 4
- IHT Query 255 4
- Old Books for a 'NON' Client 448 2
- BrightPay 701 22
- Possible Partnership? 468
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 444
- Lunatics in charge of the asylum - Bluestone 431
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 235
- Growing Limited Company concerned about assets if something goes wrong 230
- Clubs and Taxable Income 222
- New Fangled Penalties 221
- Subsistence and hotel expenses 216
- Deferring taxable income until after 5 April 188
- Loans to other companies 169