Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Charitable incorporated organisation 65 1
- Claiming the expenses of Scooby 192 3
- tax credits 97 2
- Seeking advice: Freehold Pub Lease 262 9
- Legitimate Expectation 128 2
- What do do about VAT? 424 14
- Payroll got out of synch 335 10
- Holding company - accounts and tax return 76 1
- Employee leaving mid month and Payroll Manager 1,068 23
- Amending 13-14 sole trader return to reflect increased profit in 14-15 138 2
- Client right to working papers 1,211 8
- Stamp duty or SDLT payable on admission to a partnership? 165 3
- Are there any auto-enrolment engagement letter templates? 844 18
- Directors, service companies and national minimum wage (NMW) - Profit extraction 249 6
- Accounts Package 584 14
- Seeking advice: Paying Funeral Costs 643 7
- Share issue and transfer 108 3
- How much do you charge for Accountant's Reference? 631 7
- Old payroll 231 5
- HMRC Debt collectors 314 4
- NHS finance professionals 589
- Auto Enrolment and Foreign employers 387
- Foreign Pension Contribution 361
- vat gross profit percentage margins 332
- Employee's statement of sickness (SC2) form - no longer available as downloadable pdf 321
- Pre Season Invoice dated September how do you treat the VAT as not due until May 16 302
- SWAT AML v Anti Money Laundering Compliance Plus (AMLCP) 265
- Thinning income 264
- Does pension term assurance count for unused relief purposes? 219
- IFA income recognition & reporting 198