Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Voluntary Disclosure 240 3
- Ethical Issues / Conflict of Interest 302 3
- Mortgage Interest - Tax Deductible 410 4
- valuation of vehicles 419 17
- BTC is slow 265 3
- Director registration for SA question 469 17
- How to revise RTI for Moneysoft 204 3
- Issues with freelancer taking zero salary from limited company 363 6
- Tax on LLP members drawings not covered by future profits 504 22
- Business only use of company car 701 26
- Dormant company late with their CH submission 511 14
- Penalties for late PAYE scheme 326 4
- Is there no lower level to the work a lawyer would take on. 972 29
- New Company reviews please 561 13
- How do you pay Inheritance Tax when HMRC haven't demanded it 321 4
- VAT with Russia 245 2
- VAT FRS percentage for sales person? 235 4
- Money Laundering Manual 306 11
- cgt quoted shares losses 254 2
- Scientist switch to accountancy - work experience? 1,128 29
- RTI Rollback to delete incorrect data 306
- Vouchedfor.co.uk 248
- Motor Traders Assistant Bookkeeping Programme queries 245
- Any thoughts on Capium? 238
- Tracesmart/Lexis Nexis AML software? Any opinions? 221
- auto enrolment 193
- Sage Compatible P60's Self Seal 178
- Continuity of practice-ACCA 159
- How to account for investment in JV? 157
- Recommended International mobile phone coverage and costs? 149