Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Is there difference between when you state you will provide a specific provison and you will make a specific provision of £3200 against a partcular debt? 210 8
- Whats the best way to keep my accounts? 649 19
- Tax Return Deadlines 205 4
- Year end 121 2
- accruals and prepayments please help anyone out there 549 21
- Error in 11-12 return done by previous accountant, do we have to offer them to correct or can I do and client reclaim cost 216 7
- How would you account for warranty? 132 4
- LLP - Member leaving 112 5
- Sage 50 Accounts - Opening Bank Account Balance Posted to Nominal 9998 Suspense Account 388 22
- Sweet Tooth 157 6
- Personal returns late information - when to get tough? 1,029 13
- CA self-employed income below personal allowance 169 2
- trading or dormant 107 2
- Goodwill ammortisation 103 1
- tax credits 126 5
- When will Private Principal Residence Relief cut will start? 566 11
- Can rental income ever be trading income? 266 3
- Benefit In Kind Accommodation 112 1
- Foreign income for self employed 129 1
- Sage help...written off bad debt, done year end now bad payer wants to start to pay 99 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 867
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 515
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 328
- How to format a stock book 306
- Tax efficient holding company structure 243
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 237
- Investment property company accounts template 224
- Outlook 2007 with business contact manager not loading on new laptop 218
- auto enrolment - calculation of first pension deduction 189
- RTI and Annual Directors Salary 161