Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- New accountant 105 4
- sole trader - operating under cis 202 5
- are receipts needed? 178 6
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 433 25
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 2,915 65
- Tax case refeence request 74 1
- A change from the old Q v NQ debate 777 28
- Sage Payroll with 'employees' not having tax or NI deducted 217 4
- Auto enrolment for one or two director companies 1,899 29
- PayPal Transaction Analysis 232 5
- Working out a daily rate 141 5
- Auto enrolment 1,226 13
- Payroll dates 123 5
- VAT reports on trade debtors and trade creditors 281 8
- Withholding of tax 96 1
- missing 946 20
- Self-employed b/f losses 163 3
- Santander Scrip Dividend Scheme 104 1
- Company overdue but wants to be struck off 516 16
- Claiming VAT and missing receipts 189 7
- Skandia using wrong address 1,574
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 871
- International interest certificate 481
- NOVA 338
- Can Limited Company Buy Share of Rental Property? 254
- Management expenses for investment company 229
- Bonus Bonds 228
- Have we escaped Gift with Reservation of Benfit & Pre-owned asset charges? - Gift after benefit 220
- Help with tax codes on Sage 172
- Capital reduction 163