Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- How long are you on hold- IRIS Payroll 154 6
- Why will HMRC not code out my client's £1,730 underpayment for 12/13 290 9
- How will auto enrolment affect accountants? 1,223 38
- Childcare vouchers and final month payroll Qs 40 1
- Scottish independence - what happens to HMRC? 649 42
- Capital allowances for estates in administration 95 1
- VAT REGISTRATION TRANSFER 26 1
- Can anyone advise on the best VAT Scheme to change to? 55 1
- Audit rules 72 1
- Bringing money to Uk 151 2
- Incorporation Fee - What's Non-deductible? 514 10
- Hotel accommodation tax deductible? 264 3
- VAT Inspection 165 3
- Management Buy Out - shares exchanged 346 23
- Moving from Sage payroll to Iris Payroll 140 4
- Faxpay in the 21st century 94 4
- Accounting for investment club gains 75 1
- Associations tax regime for Saturday school 720 7
- Income tax exemption on woodlands 169 5
- Is it just me 317 7
- Xtuple 486
- Qtac payroll for bureau 328
- Confused - Professional Association a Mutual trader, or not? 271
- Industrial & Provident Societies 266
- Data transfer from Sage Line 50 to VT Transaction+ 210
- Mehjoo 209
- New strategic report 163
- Domain name sale and limited company 147
- South African Government Pension 144
- CIS schemes 139