Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Unqualified accountants filing SATR, VAT returns etc for clients 895 22
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,650 49
- Allocation of income from property 370 11
- Inputting previous months data into PAYE tools 102 1
- bookkeeping system 298 5
- Outstanding Loans 72 1
- HELP...historic SSP query! 165 5
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 679 8
- Business trips - director and family 103 1
- Company van paid by director 183 2
- Private company division 195 2
- TAX CERTIFICATES- DO THEY NEED TAXPAYER'S NAME? 226 2
- Non-UK resident - where to pay income tax? 374 9
- US share sale - income or capital 97 2
- What do young accountants know that you don't? 2,412 12
- flat rate scheme 1,066 30
- Capital allowances on residential property? 153 1
- Sage Cheque Printing - Still in the dark ages! 244 2
- Before I call employers helpline 339 2
- Accountants reference for me?? 331 1