Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Subsistence expenses for one man band contractor companies 74 2
- Working from home - time apportionment 282 3
- Recovering VAT on property purchase 198 2
- cross border vat 105 2
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,889 488
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 751 17
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 243 12
- Can't read my handwriting 619 15
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,644 74
- Employing a carer 113 1
- Fees for Property Tax Return 525 16
- PRR 441 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 209 13
- Corp Tax Refund 165 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 384 8
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 272 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 78 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 227 1
- Audit partner? 269 6
- Losses on FHL Property 116 1
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,371
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 516
- National Insurance 407
- Non Resident 317
- Hands on experience of Digita 244
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 219
- Employer's Helpline 186
- CIS paid under reg 9 181
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 149
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 144