Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Share premium or Directors Loan 784 33
- Halloween - do you celebrate it? 1,477 48
- TOMS - Travel Agents 27 1
- Insurance Claim & VAT 40 1
- Interest Free Loan - Salay Sacrifice? 267 5
- Rollover relief - when does gain crystallise in this situation? 133 2
- Capital allowances anti-avoidance 399 13
- HMRC Money Laundering Visit 569 3
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 3,679 74
- Dividend Payments 492 12
- Employed clients and expenses 894 18
- More HMRC on gov.uk 671 12
- Payroll experience for beginning AAT student 158 3
- Interest on HMRC contract settlement 201 4
- Providing registered office address to clients 167 2
- Enquiry into tax return - how co-operative would you be? 441 8
- Goodwill gesture for providing work 486 12
- VAT reconciliation and VAT return on Sage 150 3
- What would you do in this situation? 259 5
- Filing a P87 (professional fees) before year end. 167 2
- Bonus Bonds 396
- Insolvency and whistle blowing 391
- Transfer of funds into recently set up company 300
- TPR imposes first penalty notice fines 264
- Husband proposes to buy the car as Director unable to acess finance 199
- Box 8 VAT Return - deposit payment 194
- Company Car Lease 172
- Finance Lease 162
- Form 42 154
- Demerger Reserve 136