Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- What are options for non CA firm 2,971 64
- Is it possible to run/own a UK based business, as a resident of Italy? 23 1
- Unfair charges for self assessment tax returns. Any recourse? 445 11
- Small company audit 598 11
- Do I need a smartphone? 468 20
- pretty multi rainbow -coloured client spreadsheets 546 14
- Entrepreneurs relief available? 685 19
- OVERDRAWN DIRECTORS LOAN ACCOUNT!! 222 3
- West Bromich Albion 408 3
- P11D with no S336 - Code Change ? 114 3
- Update workbook linkage without opening source 92 2
- registering my UK Ltd in Holland 217 4
- Terminal / cessation loss relief against rental income 111 4
- inheritance tax 502 13
- Invoices or receipts from non-vat registered businesses 83 1
- Deduction from Salary 802 22
- Interspouse Relief - Separate Couple 54 1
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 1,483 54
- 27,000 Really? 1,361 39
- Redoing accounts for mortgage lender 340 7
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 652
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 414
- Cancelled 413
- How not to compose an email 369
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 357
- Cancelled 351
- Probiz 320
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 305
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 232
- Is this UK incapacity benefit taxable in UK or Jersey? 208