Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 165 6
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 125 2
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 180 11
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 243 4
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 367 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 312 9
- Merging my businesses 106 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,565 61
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,693 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 512 16
- VAT on commercial property 127 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,018 49
- deceased creditor 186 5
- Corporate member of LLP 276 1
- Investment company 267 6
- Error or mistake in CT return 335 1
- Penalty on dormant CT600 prior to trading 217 1
- HMRC computer behind the times 370 3
- Sage & IRIS Payroll Employee ID. Problem Using Old Ee ID's? 106 1
- Transfer of stock 364 12
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 781
- RTI - duplicate employee record 533
- Pensions Regulator 444
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 404
- Sage Vat return box 2 306
- Sanzar 303
- Digital marketing focus group 284
- How do you do it 273
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 249
- Portia ... Where art thou 243