Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- What sectors to target? 427 21
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 136 8
- Journals to Creditors Control 164 5
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 202 7
- waive right to dividend payment 74 3
- eBay trading 49 1
- Treatment of Asset Disposal for Tax Purposes 126 5
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 966 43
- Dissolved company with o/s corporation tax 287 7
- Has anyone experience of BPRA? 197 4
- AIA and WDA 106 5
- Companies House late filing penalties 3,221 106
- Is sideways loss relief per trade or all trades aggregated 72 1
- Pounds Shillings and Pence 1,384 40
- 31 Jan Procrastination Question: Computer Monitors 483 16
- Refusing to complete a tax return 585 11
- Repayment of maternity pay 142 2
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 180 9
- Duplicate emails from AWeb 173 10
- Money laundering and can accountants be sued by clients if they make a report 970 16
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 914
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 633
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 589
- Latest phishing scam 559
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 388
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 293
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 217
- Scratch Head 210
- Capital allowances in first basis period 200
- Sabbatical payments 187