Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- FHLs and Entrepreneurs Relief 149 3
- Website Content 382 4
- Entrepreneur relief and deduction of Amortisation of Goodwill Pre2002 281 9
- Incorporate to utilise dividend allowance next year? 661 12
- Incorporated company charity 113 2
- property capital gains 315 3
- Closing down loss-making company 614 10
- Client gets a penalty and being threatening! 377 5
- Taxation of sinking fund contributions 432 5
- HMRC having technical difficulties 1,114 19
- Overpaid In Employers NI - RTI EYU for hundreds of employees 409 2
- Tips on meals 403 3
- Director owns 47% of shares in company A and 100% of shares in Company B. Is Company B a participator in Company A for S455 purposes? 246 2
- Stumped - IHT 458 6
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 579 12
- Transferring DLA between Directors 381 3
- Company restructure - Share valuation, ERS and PAYE 154 2
- Creative Auto Enrolment 867 12
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,440 35
- New LLP, basis of assessment and which boxes to complete? 168 3