Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 88 2
- Moneysoft - technical query 199 4
- Let Property Campaign 169 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 49 1
- What would you do? 333 2
- Taxable income for previous years 358 8
- Depreciation on purchase of software 145 2
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,306 16
- App recommendations 325 4
- Defend your local inspector? 620 7
- accountant in Bristol 499 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 760 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,148 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 704 9
- Resident and Non-resident 765 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 165 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 417 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 143 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 398 2
- Applying for clearance before 5 years share ownership 172 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 357
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 279
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 243
- Electric Car 195
- S222 Charge 184
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 176
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 174