Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Dividend in specie 197 5
- Partnership registered in error. No activities with view to profit. 60 1
- Mexican student in UK 103 2
- PI insurance for Auto Enrolment 180 3
- Accounting Practice acting as an employment agency 276 12
- payroll software 70 1
- No Tax Returns submitted for last 16 years 1,033 25
- Complicated Company car purchase 68 1
- Pricing 321 10
- Late VAT registration penalty 237 5
- Partially exempt? 218 7
- VAT on imports and the Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 139 7
- Lorry Drivers 114 1
- VAT 111 2
- QuickBooks, Xero, FreeAgent and ClearBooks 839 18
- Twenty signs your practice is bad at tax 630 7
- Rental Income Tax Planning 204 3
- Vat 94 2
- Auto-Enrolment 3,835 184
- Method for filing 2013/14 payroll? 132 2
- Skandia using wrong address 472
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 274
- FHL, period of grace and Entrepreneur's relief 267
- Employee rewards 256
- Legislation access for part-time sole practitioner? 217
- Rental Property W&T And Equipment 213
- EPS Analysis - Change to EURO 210
- Gift of reversion and lease into trust by two different people - later PPR 199
- Etax Australian 169
- Annual Management Charge Rebates and Self Assessment Tax Return 155