Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Moneysoft - technical query 184 4
- Let Property Campaign 157 3
- is photo id necessary to set up a direct debit? 37 1
- What would you do? 322 2
- Taxable income for previous years 352 8
- VAT position on EU supplies/commission 68 1
- Depreciation on purchase of software 136 2
- SA302 list of lenders accepting alternative 1,298 16
- App recommendations 321 4
- Defend your local inspector? 617 7
- accountant in Bristol 499 1
- New Company Director PAYE Question 758 20
- Exasperated by HMRC 2,134 19
- How long should one give Aweb … 704 9
- Resident and Non-resident 761 7
- Benefit in Kind - Director loan or not? 163 3
- Client in dispute with Customer over cancellation charge 411 16
- Working Hours Calculation - Rounding Hours up/down 139 2
- Self employed Self Assessment 397 2
- Applying for clearance before 5 years share ownership 172 2
- HMRC arbitrarily amending tax returns for higher rate child benefit charge 355
- Any knowledge of salesorder.com 343
- Chart of account segments; Balance sheet vs P&L 278
- HMRC RTI Filing Problem 251
- Goodwill and the Summer 2015 Budget 251
- Could and would anyone here carry out a hot file review of some non statutory audit work please? 242
- Electric Car 194
- S222 Charge 184
- Foreign Tax on Pensions 172
- What is the best acounting software for online international retail business? 171