Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Sole trader - bank statements 123 10
- Am i Liable? 430 14
- Playstation 4 - Allowable expense or not? 3,017 63
- overdrawn directors loan account 137 4
- RTI 207 6
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 262 11
- which software to use? 288 5
- Does buying a block of fees qualify as goodwill 227 3
- audit for 50% associate? 51 1
- Client using boyfriend's personal account 733 18
- PAYE coding notices 171 2
- Missed Student Loan Contributions 113 2
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 845 13
- Property scam victim 529 13
- Christmas party 221 2
- VAT on garage rent 367 15
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 403 4
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 203 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 322 7
- directors overdrawn loan account 128 2
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,240
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 614
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 411
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 320
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 215
- Alphabet shares 199
- Agent fees to sell business 194
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 191
- Office recharges 156
- Tax position on lease extension 145