Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Can I take action against my accountant for incompetence? 1,678 46
- Small company audit 131 2
- DEATH OF A SHAREHOLDER NO SHAREHOLDER AGREEMENT 220 4
- Undisclosed income 117 2
- Private Investment Company 124 1
- How familiar are accountants with community interest companies? 81 1
- New company - form a group? 188 3
- Leaving Flat Rate Scheme for VAT 279 7
- Has anyone read the implications of the Lisbon treaty? 792 17
- CIC Company 422 2
- What are options for non CA firm 2,688 57
- Is this a scam? 797 8
- Companies Made Simple Dashboard? 151 1
- Employment allowance (again) :( 357 2
- Mortgage to buy property in limited company 259 5
- Sage valuing foreign bank balances 195 4
- PITA client 281 3
- VAT on sales net of CIS suffered 384 9
- Do I need to report this to SOCA 3,342 33
- Dividend dates 497 8
- Property exchange - 8-year legal delay following fall-out 601
- Cancelled 350
- SAGE Payroll Data for Import to MS Dynamics AX 335
- Cancelled 287
- Have you staged yet for auto enrolment? 260
- Probiz 246
- VAT on non-profit making clubs (ECJ VS West Dorset Golf Club) 200
- Phishing emails purporting to be from CIPFA? 186
- Car leasing scheme 183
- Free-standing washing machine - unfurnished lettings 172