Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Any Scottish members out there? 12,763 479
- Fees for Property Tax Return 486 16
- PRR 425 14
- Sage Line50 Journal Entry Help! 176 13
- Corp Tax Refund 135 2
- Email hacker for hire ... 326 8
- How to prove to HMRC that you was not self employed? 104 10
- Capital Gains Tax on title transfer 262 8
- IFRS and UK GAAP Adjustment Jrnls 58 2
- Donaldson V HMRC 179 1
- Audit partner? 239 6
- Losses on FHL Property 97 1
- SA302 for mortgage advisors 246 5
- Has anyone encountered this scenario 135 1
- corp tax software 970 13
- Does anyone use quotation software? 306 6
- Now Scotland has voted "No", when does England get to vote? 1,616 72
- Can't read my handwriting 558 12
- What code do you put expenses under such as tea & coffee? 696 15
- Is this fraud? 852 13
- Raiders of the Lost Tax File 1,367
- Chartered Accountant in County Down N.Ireland 510
- National Insurance 404
- Non Resident 315
- Hands on experience of Digita 237
- Best way to take money from a business if you have unlimited EIS allowances? 217
- Employer's Helpline 185
- CIS paid under reg 9 174
- Does anyone use PS Financials accounting software out there? 144
- Commercial rental property - still Schedule A? 138