Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Do I walk away from these accounts? 812 16
- Cloud accounting package 142 1
- Incorporation after the start of trading 1,005 39
- Setting up offshore to avoid paying VAT 487 15
- Legal structure of a group of friends producing a free newspaper 271 6
- Offshore company (Guernsey / Isle of Man) 168 3
- PAYE – Directors NI 263 6
- Next Move 360 12
- Ltd Co and 'grant' income 399 7
- when to file SA return if closed SA in the middle of the year 206 4
- S445 tax V's new dividend tax 253 3
- Large PAYE tax refund to Employee 342 3
- Personal Tax Accounts. Are we all doomed. 708 10
- Accounts treatment of assets at cessation date 295 10
- Seeking advice: Vehicle usage 182 3
- Accountant won't release working papers 2,246 34
- Casual Driver 269 4
- Self Assessment Software 634 20
- Furnished Lettings - expenses normally bourne by tenant 346 7
- How does HMRC give tax relief to Muslims for borrowing costs? 1,268 10
- Self employed and HMRC Worldwide Subsistence Rates 632
- Acrobat Checkbox Help for New 64-8 395
- VAT on Export Outside EU and Conditional Sale 394
- Property letting & CAs 377
- Interest paid - do new rules affect Tax Credits? 373
- 2015 tax year end 373
- FCA regulated company in a small group 336
- What's happened to Smith's Taxation 233
- MLR and benefitting from the disclosure 225
- Market Invoice (P2P invoice discounting) tax treatment 220