Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Previous auditor threatening to sue our firm for unpaid fees 1,021 44
- HMRC Sends Derbyshire pensioner Doug Yeomans tax demand for £4.7 BILLION! 337 12
- UKBA financial requirements for spouse visa 37 1
- Rent a room scheme query. 54 1
- PAYE Control Visit 95 2
- Practice management 308 6
- Repayment of maternity pay 180 4
- Journals to Creditors Control 218 8
- eBay trading 144 3
- Capital allowances on Software 68 1
- US/UK Dual Citizenship 204 10
- Pension contribution 108 3
- Adding employers clients on LinkedIn 211 3
- Capital Gains PPR and allocation of costs 279 12
- duplicate 194 1
- What sectors to target? 489 24
- Self assesment online 770 8
- Refusing to complete a tax return 700 13
- The Copyright Licensing Agency 216 7
- waive right to dividend payment 132 3
- Form MR01 (Particulars of a charge) - does this need to be filed if you remortgage with the same lender? 915
- Underpaid VAT assessment and relation to SATR 634
- Did you realise Google will not patch android exploit ... 592
- Latest phishing scam 564
- Cashback for opening business bank acct = trading income? 393
- Auto Enrolment Questions Answered 295
- Loan benefit after person ceases as director/employee 219
- Scratch Head 216
- Capital allowances in first basis period 202
- Sabbatical payments 188