Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Annual tax investigation cover fee? 93 3
- Stamp duty on multiple property transaction 246 15
- Surprise visit from HMRC! 2,307 16
- Capital Allowances and Building Improvements 288 9
- Cars Leased primarily for Taxi Hire 141 1
- VAT on digital streaming of my company's music? 143 2
- Can a sole-trader make pension contributions to avoid loss of personal allowance? 179 5
- Does this annoy anyone else ? 3,250 42
- Recharge for private use of a company car 125 2
- Bloomsbury Professional tax books 114 1
- IR35 - it it worth worrying about any more? 377 7
- Wear and tear allowance 451 10
- CIS deductions against the wrong UTR 198 6
- Residency test 199 4
- Alerting clients versus walking away from clients 243 3
- VAT Turnover 137 1
- HMRC - No Deadline to Respond? 145 1
- Recording fuel VAT adjustment in Sage 132 4
- Company purchase of shares 290 16
- Pension contributions and unused allowances 142 2
- Feedback on accounts production software for IFRS 690
- Auto enrolment excuses 661
- Add T&Cs to Sales Order in Sage 365
- Social investment tax relief 181
- Call Centre Data Costs 178
- Digita Hosted Software 176
- option to tax 161
- VAT on deposits 148
- Buying goods in US and selling them to company in US 136
- Travel costs and contractors 130