Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Budget 2015 predictions 179 5
- Husband Wife let property 131 2
- Lack of Quickbooks Online Coverage 437 8
- Goodie bag 98 1
- Career in Practice 111 2
- Relevant life plan 339 8
- Limited Company expenses 370 8
- Physiotherapy And Vat 191 6
- Telemarketing 156 4
- 6th March RTI deadline. Can FPS be submitted on 6th March? 145 1
- Awkward shareholder (sister) 129 1
- New tax codes for ex-employees 177 3
- how to value rental space 97 3
- Directors loan - no longer a director 325 4
- NHS PENSIONS XFER ABROAD 68 1
- We contribute a percentage of employees' salaries to a pension scheme set up by them - do we need to get involved in auto-enrolment? 460 5
- Output tax for retailer 261 6
- Partnership Tax Return £100 penalty-was a tax return due in this case? 449 11
- Failure to operate PAYE 1,932 32
- Pass-through costs - show gross or net under UK GAAP / IFRS? 96 1
- Possible Partnership? 599
- Tax and accounting treatment on long lease granted from freehold 500
- New Fangled Penalties 406
- Clubs and Taxable Income 330
- Purchase of property freehold - capitalisation of costs 297
- Closed PAYE schemes and auto enrolment 250
- Loans to other companies 243
- Lenovo – Superfish & Komodia – is your PC vulnerable 211
- Outsource Data Entry 205
- Charity dissolution and newly merged charity 200