Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Are Sales to Germany considered VAT Taxable turnover for HMRC? 46 2
- Where has Portia gone? 1,709 65
- Is my client risking reputational damage? 231 7
- Is it worth being a limited company if already a higher rate taxpayer? 366 4
- Performance measurement within accounting practice 266 5
- Do I have grounds to dispute our accountant’s fees? 222 6
- New Client wants an Income Certificate for a Mortgage 898 21
- Can i reclaim tax if my fuel cost more than the AFR in a company car 177 3
- transferring from franchisee to ltd comapny 106 1
- Sage line 50 payment before invoice date 192 11
- Best Tax / Accounts Production software 393 10
- Property Purchase in Daughters Name 335 9
- Merging my businesses 141 2
- Getting fees, getting harder? 3,725 73
- Spousal transfer and PPR 518 16
- VAT on commercial property 152 3
- Rogue Accountant 3,050 49
- deceased creditor 210 5
- Corporate member of LLP 281 1
- Investment company 274 6
- Services via intermediaries and new HMRC reporting requirements 782
- RTI - duplicate employee record 539
- Pensions Regulator 445
- How hard is it to reduce a code? 405
- Sage Vat return box 2 308
- Sanzar 306
- Digital marketing focus group 289
- How do you do it 280
- Portia ... Where art thou 269
- Kashflow balance sheet difference 260