Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- ACCA - still making me laugh 381 3
- can anyone recommend Turkish speaking accountants in London 217 1
- Depression - HMRC penalties case won because of this illness. 280 11
- Tax return software for remote working 426 4
- Solicitors now, Accountants next 442 9
- Accountancy practices - are you closed over Christmas or do you let your staff take it off? 767 24
- How come if you claim benefits you are not entitled to you either have to pay a 50% penalty or are sent to court and either fined or sent to prison (sometimes suspended) and end up with a criminal record. 386 9
- WHY AREN'T DWP RULES THE SAME BOTH WAYS ROUND 427 9
- How to purchase business premises? 109 2
- Will I need to resign? 774 10
- Childcare vouchers 117 3
- Base value unavailable re. Capital Gain 260 5
- Management Company Setup Structure as Limited Company 287 6
- VAT avoidance? 196 4
- Can S455 tax repaid 168 3
- PAYE coding out 157 3
- Follower cases 567 2
- LIVE chat, starting now 447 2
- Late Registration for VAT 446 12
- TheTax Donut 1,139 1
- Hive up 464
- Accounting referance change & deficient accounts. 430
- corporate hierarchy 412
- Advice - 239
- Amortisation of Goodwill 209
- Anyone had HMRC refusing to act on EPS database glitch? 195
- WWOOFers 190
- Art Gallery - Splitting a property between business and personal use 170
- Legal Aid Agency claims and VAT 170
- Co. limited by Guarantee now closed 166