Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- HMRC Enquiry 428 2
- Cashback 297 2
- Builder Gifted Deposit and capital gains 585 24
- Why do HMRC have a different FPS liability to the amount I sent? 903 13
- another ir35!!!! 166 2
- Subscriptions not on HMRC list of approved bodies 230 1
- Settlement, or any other issues? 71 1
- Paint Manufacturer Flat Rate Scheme 88 3
- Buying blocks of fees 351 2
- Practical Query: Entrepreneurs and PPR Reliefs 267 3
- Tax treatment of cashed in American Savings Plan 165 2
- Daily Penalties 2012/13 162 1
- IR35 & Managed Service Companies 257 1
- Previous accountant filed dormant accounts in error 163 1
- Wear and tear allowance 324 4
- Limited Company - Personal Bank Account 664 24
- Husband and Wife Holiday letting profit split 141 3
- tax insider 390 5
- Tax on sale of shares 106 2
- Amazon - digital book sales 235 2
- Skandia using wrong address 1,424
- Nil Rate Band Trust - index linked debt by way of charge over property 735
- Any views 670
- HMRC Employers Diary 500
- International interest certificate 414
- Stamp Duty on share for share exchange 375
- Sale of business 325
- NOVA 237
- Advertising services? 226
- IRIS Open Books problem 218