Sale of Car - CGT?
I know that 'private cars' are exempt form cgt.
In this case a company has sold a sports car (owned approx 10 years) at a considerable gain, the car never been used in business activities - expect kept under a sheet in a lock up.
My question is could this be classed as a sale of an investment and would CGT be due on gain?
Any help greatly appreciated.
- Is Dropbox right for your client comms? Webinar 15 May 343
- Set up a company pension 280
- RTI Fees 266
- 2011 FHL loss & ITA 2007 s74a 242
- Where's our 10%? 239
- Driving sales growth 210
- HMRC Enquiry Assessments 204
- UK Property Purchase by an overseas individual in own name 204
- Cost of converting property - who pays? 200
- CIS late registration 195
- EIS 194
- Regiatration of a Trust 194
- Accounting for gift vouchers - paid for and donated 186
- Break up basis accounting 180
- Best structure 174
- Accounts production software for business SSC 170
- Property owned privately 165
- Membership of trade association - tax deductible? 162
- High Income Child Benefit Tax Charge Error? 154
- iQor recovering HMRC debts again 145