Sale of property from Company's stock to shareholder / directors
Client is a Ltd company that currently has several new builds up for sale. The company is owned by a husband and wife who are also the shareholders.
During the last yr the largest one has been rented out. The bank has a bridging loan, bizarrely secured agst the shareholders home not the development, loads of equity even in this market place. We have only recently been engaged as the company's accountants, previous one having retired.
The bank have now given notice for the loan to be repaid.
Fin'l Advisor has comeback after much hunting with only one option, buy to let mortgage but it has to be in the shareholders name. This means selling the house to the shareholders, crystallising a Co. profit, corp tax, stamp duty and legal fees but can't currently see away round this.
Question: What price shd be used? The potential lenders have done a valuation so that's one possible. The value won't effect the mortgage as it it's rent based but lower will reduce the CT. CGT will be a possible issue later. Their solicitor has suggested they can choose one but my thinking is 'related parties', tfr of profits/value etc
- Professional coaching claimable? 100 1
- Sage instant account codes 124 1
- Networking 145 1
- What VAT to reclaim on van purchased on HP? 265 4
- Mobile phones, directors of micro-companies 184 1
- Turnover on a tax return 310 8
- incorrect old p60 452 11
- Cashflow forecasting software 305 4
- Letter to HMRC over 3 months ago, still no reply 1,933 19
- Companies House paper incorporation - date of birth omission 296 4
- US company hiring UK citizens in UK 252 3
- VAT refund 190 1
- Is there an AIA calculator anywhere 265 1
- Reclaiming VAT on refurbishment cost? 271 3
- Missing tax return 397 4
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 1,131 30
- Inflation and fees 1,412 24
- Sage Priority Support 193 3
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 847 24
- Micro-entity accounts 320 1