Is sale of scrap metal VATable?
Client occasionally receives money for scrap metal but says he never receives a receipt or any paperwork and is not sure whether he should be paying VAT on these proceeds?
Does anyone have a link to which a spectrum of "specific" items can be reviewed for their VAT treatment or is it a case of telephoning the VAT advice line?
- What are HMRC implying? 522 2
- HMRC having technical difficulties 297 11
- Ltd Company CIS Repayments 56 2
- Rent a Relief for small husband and wife run guesthouse 544 4
- Unequal share tenant in common 24 1
- No PAYE Registration but need auto enrolment 153 4
- Right To Manage Company 107 2
- mortgages & SA302 - can Halifax really be this thick? 872 7
- Registering with HMRC for VAT cash accounting 174 3
- Maternity and claining expenses 806 7
- VAT Flat Rate 332 1
- BrightPay quirks 381 6
- Closing down loss-making company 243 3
- AccountingWEB survey 473 8
- HMRC now overriding SA bank repayment details on tax returns 1,152 31
- Virus alert! Anyone get this email today? 821 10
- My own & spouse's Irish returns & ROS 313 1
- Mortgage Reference 706 9
- Entrepreneurs' Relief upon sale of a cash rich company 2,411 50
- VAT disaggregation 171 2