A social club where I am a member (and new committee member, for a very new committee) is looking at every expenditure at the moment to try and find ways of saving money.
Their accounting process at the moment, is that bank statements and bills are all sent off to an accountants once a week, who deals with everything.
Since at the moment we don't have a treasurer, I want to propose that the treasurers roll be expanded to handling simple accounts. (keeping a purchasing/invoicing tally, bank statement reconcilliation etc.) to reduce the burden on the accountant. (At the moment, the treasurers only role is to handle Payroll).
Can anybody recommend any software that is well suited to this purpose, I am experienced with Sage Line 50, but in my head I can't see how this would be the best approach.
On another note, I am the IT Administrator for a company that deals with manufacturing paints and powders, we have been using Line 50 since it was a DOS application. This is used for purchasing, sales, stock control, invoicing , accounting etc. And with a few tools I've written, helps our sales reps see live stock figures and account status.
Can anyone recommend a more multi-user friendly package that can handle all these things, prefereably using a proper DBMS so that I can use it from VPN connected machines on other sites?
Thanks in advance for any help.
- deleting customers on Sage 50 134 6
- Value-shifting 30 1
- Pattern for CTA 191 4
- Flat Rate Scheme 265 14
- Debiting private use proportion to directors loan account 429 18
- SDLT exemptions/reliefs 67 2
- Incorrect Accounts. Is it worth taking action against the old accountant? 165 3
- Film Partnership Enquiries - am I just unlucky? 215 5
- Fee agreed but client disagrees on amount 682 7
- EBT 168 1
- Tax deductable portion of home rental cost 152 8
- Giving a seminar 507 28
- Joint Filing Help 94 1
- Altered PAYE cheque 185 4
- ICAEW student, Dilema with client & boss 2,196 32
- Interest on Loan to a Company 248 2
- Writing off bad debts 176 4
- Added years superannuation 50 1
- How to use importing procedure for Transfers between the bank accounts 99 2
- Is there a legal obligation for the Inspector to hand over minutes of a meeting 349 7
- Desperately seeking Susan, Sam or anyone with any other name 1,199
- Experience with Islamic investor following Sharia-compliant rules? 599
- Darwinpay Partnership Assessment 404
- S464A Charge to tax: conferring benefit & BIK 307
- Bank interest in 'near' facility recall situation 191
- Agent fees to sell business 186
- Alphabet shares 184
- ACCA continuity of practice arrangement needed 176
- Quirky thread of the year: Community Awards 158
- VAT codes In Sage. Am I correct? 158