Self assessment ISA question
I have a client who has received an income distribution in the year from a Unit Trust held within a S&S ISA. I have documents from Jupiter, the fund manager and these show an amount of tax deducted from the distribution to my client. I was wondering why tax would have been deducted when the units were held within an ISA? Any help on this would be vey much appreciated!
Normally I wouldn't include details of an ISA on the self assessment, but I take it I should in this instance?
Thanks very much in advance!
- Sage Priority Support 88 2
- Cost of demolition of a shed - revenue or capital? 679 18
- incorrect old p60 108 1
- HMRC interview re client authorisation 477 4
- VAT on new builds 109 2
- Becoming a subcontractor to Accountancy Practices 344 2
- Rental business through company without owning the property? 121 1
- Pensions Auto-Enrolment when no computer/internet access 111 1
- Bank Interest Held by Solicitor During Divorce 129 1
- Are accountants facing a doomsday scenario? 1,835 26
- Missing tax return 169 2
- Are you going to Tick and Bash on 21 May? 918 24
- CG on Spanish property disposal 274 8
- SSAS Pension scheme 160 2
- Quick Income tax calculation question! 554 18
- Physiotherapy 242 3
- Inflation and fees 1,216 20
- Capital allowances not claimed 163 3
- Changing shareholding ratio 280 8
- CGT help please 147 1