Self employed courier
I have just started to act for a self employed courier. He is VAT registered but his turnover is below the statutorty registration limit. He rents a van on a week by week basis and claims this, and all other motor running costs, in his accounting records.
My question is whether he could claim mileage allowance against his profits rather than the actual expenses.
I am wondering whether a) being VAT registered or b) it is van not a car excludes him from claiming mileage ?
- Signed accounts for bank 610 13
- What route into accountancy would you recommend? 813 12
- Does anyone have an old version of Sage for sale? 89 3
- flat rate scheme 2,296 45
- Business lending another business money (UK) 277 7
- Deferring dividends on paper 125 5
- VAT Query on new build 68 1
- Restriction of trading loss and overlap relief 124 1
- CIC Abbreviated Accounts 135 4
- Family Partnership 221 5
- How to format Co-operative Accounts 63 1
- P11D Car Value 245 6
- NOVA declaration 96 1
- Business valuation advice 702 18
- Auto enrolment: What’s your plan? 1,490 16
- Are any of you members of The Institute of Financial Accountants - Accountnats certificate 1,221 23
- Can anybody recommend any software 281 2
- Stand alone practice management software 2,100 26
- 2011 Self Assessment Tax return form 164 1
- dividend date - whose income is it? 380 5